Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

It's mentioned in this article that he is one of a few smaller-division coaches receiving interest from MAC schools.
    Last edited by Dozsa2; 11-12-2018, 11:27 PM.

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti

A job in the AAC or MW makes much more sense than a MAC job IMO for Curt. At least in the AAC at a school like Houston/Cincinnati/Temple/UCF/USF there's a quicker chance for landing a P5 job as all those schools have had recent coaches move on to P5 jobs. Frankly if Temple opened up he should jump at the chance to get that job as their last 3 coaches have landed at Miami (FL), Boston College and Baylor lol. And he has NE recruiting history while also maintaining good relationships with the SE programs.

Comment

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti

I think the ECU or Charlotte jobs could be good for him. Not a huge move. Already has renewed the name he made for himself in the region from his time at NC State. I'm going to guess Curt makes somewhere around $250k at Elon. Charlotte was paying their head coach $597k. ECU paid their coach $1.05 million. I imagine he'd kick the tires on both jobs.

The MAC is a meatgrinder just like the PSAC. You can work your tail off but the schools are so evenly matched for resources and recruiting territory its difficult to win consistently. Once a new guy comes along and does well he's poached by school with deeper pockets sending that school back to the bottom of the pile. Lance Leopold will be next.

Think of who cut their teeth as a first time head coach in the MAC:

Steve Addazio
      Dave Doeren
      P.J. Fleck
      Al Golden
      Brady Hoke
      Butch Jones
      Brian Kelly
      Jerry Kill
      Urban Meyer
      Nick Saban

Comment

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        I think the ECU or Charlotte jobs could be good for him. Not a huge move. Already has renewed the name he made for himself in the region from his time at NC State. I'm going to guess Curt makes somewhere around $250k at Elon. Charlotte was paying their head coach $597k. ECU paid their coach $1.05 million. I imagine he'd kick the tires on both jobs.

The MAC is a meatgrinder just like the PSAC. You can work your tail off but the schools are so evenly matched for resources and recruiting territory its difficult to win consistently. Once a new guy comes along and does well he's poached by school with deeper pockets sending that school back to the bottom of the pile. Lance Leopold will be next.

Think of who cut their teeth as a first time head coach in the MAC:

Steve Addazio
        Dave Doeren
        P.J. Fleck
        Al Golden
        Brady Hoke
        Butch Jones
        Brian Kelly
        Jerry Kill
        Urban Meyer
        Nick Saban
        The MAC as a stepping goes at least as far back as Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler, the bitter rivals whose first D1 HC jobs came at Miami (OH)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
          The MAC as a stepping goes at least as far back as Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler, the bitter rivals whose first D1 HC jobs came at Miami (OH)
          Correct. Don't forget Weeb Eubank, Paul Brown, and Ara Parseghian. All Miami.

Comment

You forgot Sid Gillman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good lord I figured you were old but didn't think you dated back to Walter Camp .... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                Good lord I figured you were old but didn't think you dated back to Walter Camp .... jus sayin
                Spent a couple years living in Oxford, Ohio. Miami people are impressively big on their school history.

Comment

Curt Cig to chapel hill

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
                    Curt Cig to chapel hill
                    interesting thought

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post

Comment

Anybody who makes even a passing reference to pro wrestling is ok in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
                          Curt Cig to chapel hill
                          Is that your guess or is there something written to the effect of them wanting him to be their next HC?

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                            Is that your guess or is there something written to the effect of them wanting him to be their next HC?
                            Just throwing it out there. Very unlikely to happen.

Comment

Why would any D1 school pluck Cignetti from Elon? He hasn't won anything there yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X