Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Youth Football League Cancelled

"What has been a staple in the Eastern Panhandle youth sports for decades has come to an early close this year. Poor behavior is at the root of the issue, according to the youth football organization. The following statement was released to The Journal in announcing the shutdown: �Attention to all parents/coaches/players in the TCYFL: Unfortunately, it has come to the point that because of the abuse, negativity and utter disrespect shown to our officials from parents, coaches and most recently from our players, the Eastern Panhandle Officials Association President stated today that the association will no longer schedule officials for our league games at any field." --------------------- Is any of this going on back in PA? This is something I would not have been shocked to see coming out of the ultra competitive Northern Virginia area. But not the WV Eastern Panhandle because for the two years I lived up here I haven't gotten that same ultra competitive vibe that permeates the Northern Virginia Area.

I live in the NOVA area and work for Loudoun County government. Heard a rumor from a friend who has/d a son playing in this league that this was being considered. So here we are and the sad reflection and trends. This is absolutely true and disconcerting and parents trying to live through their kids. There goes the local Shepherd young recruits

Comment

Pee-Wee is insane. I saw a parent last year go bananas on a doctor who wouldn't let a player (their son) return to the game after the doctor said he failed the concussion protocol.

Sitting in the stands is the whole show at that level. There are parents who truly beleive Nick Saban is in the stands scouting their 11-year-old.

Comment

There are parents who truly beleive Nick Saban is inThere are parents who truly beleive

Sadly there are some college basketball coaches who do. I know this a football board but geesh...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X