Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance Ticket

Early, yes. But, not that early. Some teams -- many, actually -- are already eliminated from the playoff conversation. There's only so many spots.

The Contenders ... Heading in to Week 4 ...

MEC

Notre Dame (3-0) - The Falcons got past Fairmont State. Charleston may give them a tussle, but beyond that it will be smooth sailing in the MEC. Findlay visiting Oct. 26 could be a fight.

Charleston (2-1) - Hosts ND in two weeks. Owns a win over Fairmont State.

Urbana (3-0) - ND comes to town this weekend. Charleston was a big win. Fairmont visits Nov. 7.

WV State / Frostburg State / Glenville State (2-1) - Big games await.

PSAC

Slippery Rock (3-0) - Awful schedule thus far and Seton Hill is up next. However, both IUP and Cal visit The Rock.

IUP (3-0) - Quality win over New Haven. Brutal three-game stretch starts in 48 hours.

West Chester (3-0) - Incredibly light schedule through first six games. Then things get real. Second half of season: at Shepherd, ESU, Kutztown and California.

East Stroudsburg (3-0) - Surprise team so far. Road to postseason is difficult: at Kutztown, at West Chester and at Shepherd

Kutztown (3-0) - Signature win at Cal ... another huge test at Shepherd in two days. Bears travel to West Chester in early November.

California (2-1) - Home loss to Kutztown may come back to bite the Vulcans. Cal gets IUP, SRU and West Chester all on the road.

Shepherd (2-1) - Early home loss to Ohio Domincan doesn't help matters, but all remaining big games are in Rams Stadium.

Clarion/Mercyhurst (2-1) - Both have the 'Big Three' lined up .. not good odds.

NE 10

Assumption (2-1) - Ugly loss at Kutztown to open season ... hosts New Haven on Nov. 9. May run table up to that point.

New Haven (2-1) - Respectable road loss at IUP. The Chargers likely head to Assumption Nov. 9 with just one loss.

GMAC

Ohio Dominican (2-1) - Huge road win at Shepherd. Lone loss at Valdosta State. With recent win over Findlay, if ODU gets past Tiffin this week it should cruise the rest of the way.

Tiffin (2-1) - Massive home game with ODU this weekend could tell the tale for Tiffin.

Findlay (1-2) - Only 2-loss team to make list. Losses: 24-23 at Ferris State and 21-10 at Ohio Dominican. Quality team. Brutal schedule. Tough road remains: Oct. 26 at Notre Dame and Ashland visits on Nov. 9. Likely, Findlay needs to run the table. Not easy.

CAL U is definitely behind the eight ball. IF they can split with SRU, IUP, then hope that WCU wins the EAST, they would take on either SHIP or BU in week 11. At 9-2 with losses vs playoff teams, I would think a 5,6,7 spot would be likely. Should they lose BOTH WEST showdowns, those chances are pretty much out the window.

Comment

This year I think the PSAC has 4 legit teams who could be a top seed in the region and show well in the national playoffs in WCU, Kutztown, Slippery Rock and IUP. Shepherd is just below this group but if they gel and can figure out PSAC league play they can be included in this to become a group of 5. Outside the league ND will always be formidable as well as ODU. New Haven looking ot possibly bolt for D1 can't be counted out either so it should be an interesting next 8 weeks as only 7 spots are available and only the PSAC has a league title game to guarantee at least one member of the conference gets a playoff berth.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
        This year I think the PSAC has 4 legit teams who could be a top seed in the region and show well in the national playoffs in WCU, Kutztown, Slippery Rock and IUP. Shepherd is just below this group.....
        Shepherd may not be just below this group come Saturday night.

PS: I wanted to put in a Lee Corso "not so fast my friend" Gif. How do you guys add GIFs to these posts?
        Last edited by IUPMonk; 09-26-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
          This year I think the PSAC has 4 legit teams who could be a top seed in the region and show well in the national playoffs in WCU, Kutztown, Slippery Rock and IUP. Shepherd is just below this group but if they gel and can figure out PSAC league play they can be included in this to become a group of 5. Outside the league ND will always be formidable as well as ODU. New Haven looking ot possibly bolt for D1 can't be counted out either so it should be an interesting next 8 weeks as only 7 spots are available and only the PSAC has a league title game to guarantee at least one member of the conference gets a playoff berth.
          It's very likely New Haven ends the season with just one loss. The NE10 is very weak this year. With one loss they'll get invited.

I could see a slew of 2-loss teams on selection day. Then it's up to the committee.

Lose once and you're typically safe. Lose twice and it's out of your control. The PSAC is going to see major cannibalization in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's very likely New Haven ends the season with just one loss. The NE10 is very weak this year. With one loss they'll get invited.

I could see a slew of 2-loss teams on selection day. Then it's up to the committee.

Lose once and you're typically safe. Lose twice and it's out of your control. The PSAC is going to see major cannibalization in the coming weeks.
            New Haven lost to Bently last night, Not sure what's up with Bently, they played WCU close, lost to AIC, and then beats New Haven. New Haven Clobbered AIC so go figure. Anyway. NHU now has 2 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

New Haven lost to Bently last night, Not sure what's up with Bently, they played WCU close, lost to AIC, and then beats New Haven. New Haven Clobbered AIC so go figure. Anyway. NHU now has 2 losses.
              2 is probably the max likely to get in this year with 4-5 PSAC, 1 GMAC, 1 MEC, 1? NE10. Refresh my old memory no automatic bids to league champions ???

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

2 is probably the max likely to get in this year with 4-5 PSAC, 1 GMAC, 1 MEC, 1? NE10. Refresh my old memory no automatic bids to league champions ???
                Automatic bid only if you have a league championship game ... so, in our region, ... just the PSAC.

Comment

Automatic bid only if you have a league championship game ... so, in our region, ... just the PSAC.

Comment

I think but I'll give you the true secret formula. Go undefeated or lose once to a good team. Do that and you don't have to worry about the rest. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Comment

I run a similar thread during basketball season. It's neat to watch it develop as the season goes along. Things almost always take care of themselves.

Comment

Some movement in Week 4. The list of undefeated or 1-loss teams got smaller ... updated playoff picture heading in to Week 5 (Frostburg State is 3-1 but ineligible for D2 playoffs):

MEC

Notre Dame (4-0)

Charleston (3-1)

Urbana (3-1)

WV State (3-1)

PSAC

Slippery Rock (4-0)

IUP (4-0)

West Chester (4-0)

East Stroudsburg (4-0)

Kutztown (4-0)

California (3-1)

NE 10

Assumption (3-1)

GMAC

Tiffin (3-1)
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 09-29-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Some movement in Week 4. The list of undefeated or 1-loss teams got smaller ... updated playoff picture heading in to Week 5 (Frostburg State is 3-1 but ineligible for D2 playoffs):

MEC

Notre Dame (4-0)

Charleston (3-1)

Urbana (3-1)

WV State (3-1)

PSAC

Slippery Rock (4-0)

IUP (4-0)

West Chester (4-0)

East Stroudsburg (4-0)

Kutztown (4-0)

California (3-1)