Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husky Ineptitude

I feel better now, but yesterday's loss was quite disturbing.
    Last edited by BlueJay; 09-29-2019, 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
    Really now, Bloom goes down to Ship to play a team that has been blown out three times and loses 30--15!! Somebody explain to me why Bloom with a highly sought after QB with super high school credentials is unable to move the ball offensively. I watch and I look for flaws, but it escapes me. I am sure some of you are much more than I football knowledgable gurus and can explain to me where the deficiencies lie, because I don't get it! Does the QB hold on to the ball too long, is the offensive line deficient, are the receivers poor who can't get any separation, or is the coaching out of wack with the talent on hand? Somebody talk to me! With Kutztown and QB DiGalbo and his host of great receivers coming to town next weekend, all I can say is get the women and children off the street! Enjoy the tailgate party, because this game will be a disaster for the Huskies! I guess you all noticed that K-town on the road knocked off Shepherd today 34--27. I see K-town running up 50 some points against Bloom. As a devoted Husky loyalist, it makes me sad!
    Only question you can ask is what happened? How did Bloom get to this point?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay
      All the upstate Bloomsburg loyalists are silent! Well, for one thing I think it is time to take a look at the direction in which the present AD is leading Husky athletics. Success has been greatly limited ever since his taking over the helm. We once had a proud and competitive Div One wrestling program, we once had a proud and Div II football program, we once had a highly successful Div II Field Hockey program. we once had a competitive Div II softball program, we once had many a willing contributor to Bloomsburg sports athletic scholarship causes such as wrestling. Now I hear that my wife and I are among the FEW contributors to Bloomsburg wrestling.. There was a time when many a a generous contributor were more than willing to ensure Bloomsburg success in athletics. Why is it Bloomsburg has been allowed to recede in to the ranks of the "also rans"? It is time for a new, dynamic AD, who is not sitting on his non-existent laurels and constantly citing his ill-founded Title 9 excuses.
      Hey, Blue Jay, hope you're doing well.

I think you are definitely getting warmer and I think the main problems are at the level you refer to. As for the Bloomsburg fans, and I really do not want to be critical, but this entire discussion is just like the one a few years ago surrounding the demise of Bloom Wrestling. I remember one guy would crack me up because he always referred to the "all is well" crowd. You're right Blue Jay. All is not well.

These programs really are only as good as their supporters. There seems to be a difference. You can see on this board IUP fans criticize the football program and affect change. Wrestling supporters at Clarion and Lock Haven dug in and changed the direction of those programs but that didn't happen at Bloom. Bloom faces a tough time in the newly expanded MAC wrestling league.

The Huskies have Kutztown, WCU and ESU the next 3 weeks. They have their work cut out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Hey, Blue Jay, hope you're doing well.

I think you are definitely getting warmer and I think the main problems are at the level you refer to. As for the Bloomsburg fans, and I really do not want to be critical, but this entire discussion is just like the one a few years ago surrounding the demise of Bloom Wrestling. I remember one guy would crack me up because he always referred to the "all is well" crowd. You're right Blue Jay. All is not well.

These programs really are only as good as their supporters. There seems to be a difference. You can see on this board IUP fans criticize the football program and affect change. Wrestling supporters at Clarion and Lock Haven dug in and changed the direction of those programs but that didn't happen at Bloom. Bloom faces a tough time in the newly expanded MAC wrestling league.

The Huskies have Kutztown, WCU and ESU the next 3 weeks. They have their work cut out for them.
        Best add some extra medical staff !!

Comment

But hey, we got women's volleyball now.

Comment

All the upstate Bloomsburg loyalists are silent! Well, for one thing I think it is time to take a look at the direction in which the present AD is leading Husky athletics. Success has been greatly limited ever since his taking over the helm. We once had a proud and competitive Div One wrestling program, we once had a proud and Div II football program, we once had a highly successful Div II Field Hockey program. we once had a competitive Div II softball program, we once had many a willing contributor to Bloomsburg sports athletic scholarship causes such as wrestling. Now I hear that my wife and I are among the FEW contributors to Bloomsburg wrestling.. There was a time when many a a generous contributor were more than willing to ensure Bloomsburg success in athletics. Why is it Bloomsburg has been allowed to recede in to the ranks of the "also rans"? It is time for a new, dynamic AD, who is not sitting on his non-existent laurels and constantly citing his ill-founded Title 9 excuses.
            I dont think that the QB is the problem at all. This kid has shown poise and the ability to make big plays. He has a great arm, very accurate, and able to run when needed. Ship got blown out by 2 PSAC west power teams in Cal U and Slippery Rock. Ship is a good team. They also run a spread RPO style offense. The Bloom QB ran the same style offense in high school. Thia is the offense of today, the RPO/spread. You see it in 98% of D1 college teams and alot of the NFL teams have adopted this style too..... maybe Bloom needs to go on that direction offensively???? I'm not a coach or one who likes to condemn or criticize. I believe that Bloom is a young team with alot of talented kids, they just need to find a way to best utilize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post
              Ship is a good team.
              ??????

Comment

I guess I should respond as an upstate loyalist, although my children were all born in West Chester, and I worked for years in Media. The last AD was a female who was frequently criticized for holding the football program back, so I don't think we can put all the blame on the current AD. Why he takes 1/2 million from Jahri Evans for a scoreboard and 1 million from Steph Pettit for a turf soccer field, when that money could have been used for scholarships. His priorities aren't in line with ours.

The current football team has lost it's identity. The first forward pass in football was in 1906, but Bloom was winning with a running game thru the Hale years. His offensive system went through 4 offensive coordinators, but they all knew what worked for the team. Leiby is going to be a good QB, but it appears they want to build an offense around him. In Hale's time, the QB didn't have to do everything, and Bloom doesn't have the pieces around the QB. RBs are down to 3rd and 4th string, best pass catching TE is injured, WR Allen was merely a decoy today due to injury and there isn't a game changing back-up. The D is missing the best pass rusher who is out for they year with injury. A team with few scholarships just doesn't have the depth to withstand all the missing players not mentioned.

The past athletic success was due to coaching. Women's softball and field hockey had Jan Hutchinson, and that's why they won. Wrestling had Houck, Sanders, etc.. Men's basketball had Chronister, Football had Hale. Many of them were on campus at the same time, which probably doesn't happen in too many lifetimes. Find the right coach, and they'll win again. Men's baseball and women's soccer won the PSAC Championships last year, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I guess I should respond as an upstate loyalist, although my children were all born in West Chester, and I worked for years in Media. The last AD was a female who was frequently criticized for holding the football program back, so I don't think we can put all the blame on the current AD. Why he takes 1/2 million from Jahri Evans for a scoreboard and 1 million from Steph Pettit for a turf soccer field, when that money could have been used for scholarships. His priorities aren't in line with ours.

The current football team has lost it's identity. The first forward pass in football was in 1906, but Bloom was winning with a running game thru the Hale years. His offensive system went through 4 offensive coordinators, but they all knew what worked for the team. Leiby is going to be a good QB, but it appears they want to build an offense around him. In Hale's time, the QB didn't have to do everything, and Bloom doesn't have the pieces around the QB. RBs are down to 3rd and 4th string, best pass catching TE is injured, WR Allen was merely a decoy today due to injury and there isn't a game changing back-up. The D is missing the best pass rusher who is out for they year with injury. A team with few scholarships just doesn't have the depth to withstand all the missing players not mentioned.

The past athletic success was due to coaching. Women's softball and field hockey had Jan Hutchinson, and that's why they won. Wrestling had Houck, Sanders, etc.. Men's basketball had Chronister, Football had Hale. Many of them were on campus at the same time, which probably doesn't happen in too many lifetimes. Find the right coach, and they'll win again. Men's baseball and women's soccer won the PSAC Championships last year, so it's not all doom and gloom.
                  Bart, your last paragraph is dead on. But I want to give you the chance to clarify. You said "find the right coach, and they'll win again." Is this something you think the program needs? HuskyNation24 has been calling for a new coach all year. I prefer to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, but I too could make the case for a change. When Darragh does eventually leave, who on the staff is head coach material. I would assume they would hire from in house.
                  GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

Bart, your last paragraph is dead on. But I want to give you the chance to clarify. You said "find the right coach, and they'll win again." Is this something you think the program needs? HuskyNation24 has been calling for a new coach all year. I prefer to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, but I too could make the case for a change. When Darragh does eventually leave, who on the staff is head coach material. I would assume they would hire from in house.
                      I was referring to the athletic department in general, not specifically football. I have seen the football team go through 7 head coaches in my time, and only 2 were very good. It is a gamble to find a new one, and the odds aren't good. Most teams win with money, few have the coaching that can overcome that deficit. I say give Darragh 1 more year.

Comment

Comment

Donors direct their contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                            Donors direct their contributions.
                            Big donors are talked into giving for naming rights. The AD wanted certain projects completed, and sold it to the donors. It comes down to who sets the priorities for athletics.

Comment

Big donors are talked into giving for naming rights. The AD wanted certain projects completed, and sold it to the donors. It comes down to who sets the priorities for athletics.
                              I would think that whether the "donors direct" or "are talked into giving" , success on the field/court would highly increase the flow of money. Right now that river may be drying up for BU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X