Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHU now charging for Handicap Parking on gamedays

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? For a program struggling to build community support? Great public relations! Not sure; but would assume that violates the ADA?

Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? For a program struggling to build community support? Great public relations! Not sure; but would assume that violates the ADA?
    You gotta provide more detail. Are you saying they are charging extra for handicapped parking? If so, that would violate the ADA. Not only that, I'm sure that's not happening.

Sounds to me like they are charging now where it may have been free before? That would be ok. It doesn't have to be free or discounted as long as they're providing the spaces.

Comment

It was posted on the Athletic's website that there would be a charge for handicap parking

Comment

It was posted on the Athletic's website that there would be a charge for handicap parking
        So, I'm assuming it was free before?

Seems like it's perhaps being done to accommodate the tailgating. I'm not sure about the ethical or PR implications but they are providing the most convenient parking at the stadium for handicapped. I'm sure the other lots mentioned have handicapped spots and if people choose to get shuttled to the game that is also ADA-compliant.

https://www.golhu.com/news/2019/10/2...-advisory.aspx

Comment

Back in the 80s and 90s, Edinboro had students asking for donations to park in the McComb lot next to the stadium. Not sure why it stopped.

Comment

As a person who works in the disability field I believe that a person with a disability may be charged to enter a parking that "requires" a fee. ADA Section 22511.5 requires a more convenient parking access but not free

Comment

If this is true, given some of the attendance figures I've seen for Lock Haven, it doesn't seem like a smart move.

Comment

Someone some where was like, look! I know how we can get an extra $30 a week!

All kidding aside, if you charge to park you charge to park regardless of handicapped or not.

And before you pile on me for being uncaring of the handicapped. I am handicapped, but my handicap doesn't get me a free parking space except for the Veteran spots at Lowes. LOL

Comment

We were just at West chester on Saturday and had to pay $10 for handicapped parking to . Bullcrap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

We were just at West chester on Saturday and had to pay $10 for handicapped parking to . Bullcrap!!!
                    Bloom charged a couple of buck for everyone to park in the past. WCU always charged for parking, and Hale brought that to Bloom. No additional charge for handicap. They stopped that a decade ago. It seems they could use the money now.

Comment

Comment

Contact your local state legislator.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Contact your local state legislator.
                          Would be more worthwhile talking to the closest wall, but thanks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X