Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Ebbs n Nation I agree it was dumb on #2s behalf but the guy swung first n his mouth got the flag. Plus I believe Streater was excited about just being back. Had some nice tackles n breakups n caused a fumble even though ref miscalled. But the way we played today is not good enough for SRU.

Comment

• What a crowd, BTW.

There was at least another 1,800 who never even came inside.

Comment

• No more room must run the table or start planning for next year. IMO the current QB is not the answer. There will be no change so that is that. It's a shame because this team has a lot of talent but losing ,at home, to KUTZ left no room for slip ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          No more room must run the table or start planning for next year. IMO the current QB is not the answer. There will be no change so that is that. It's a shame because this team has a lot of talent but losing ,at home, to KUTZ left no room for slip ups.
          Cal's D did play well. Tough bunch.

When was the last time Cal held out of the endzone? Basically 3 points. The Cal D got them that second FG.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP discipline by far team weakness
            Don't we say that every year?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              And thank GOODNESS we did NOT HEAR McPhatter's name most of the game!!! Maxwell kept the ball away from him!!
              Was gonna mention that. I hardly noticed him out there. I thought IUP did a good job staying away from him and not allowing him to impact the game.

Comment

• Hate not to mention his name ... JoJo had a BIG TIME game today.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  No more room must run the table or start planning for next year. IMO the current QB is not the answer. There will be no change so that is that. It's a shame because this team has a lot of talent but losing ,at home, to KUTZ left no room for slip ups.
                  I'm not specifically saying anything about you in regards to what I'm going to say, but this is why everybody should just let things play out. There were posters from Cal and other schools on here that suggested last year that thought Noah Mitchell might be the rare "transfer up."

didn't think he looked bad. I don't think there was a ton of room for him to throw. I think the IUP defensive backs did a pretty good job. I thought Mitchell did well buying time and scrambling when the pocket broke down. He was awful against any semblance of a pass rush last year, so he likely improved in that category. I don't know what all Cal lost/brought back at WR, but if he doesn't have the same crop of guys to throw to that can make all the difference. I think people expected him to just come in and have 1,000 passing yards already. Tough to do that. He had a great freshman year. It's possible that was the best he'll ever be. Who knows. But I don't think he's worthy of the criticism Cal posters have shown him this year.

Comment

• IUP will have to play better next week. But I'm confident they will. Cal has a good run defense, but I am a bit worried they couldn't really generate anything on the ground. I would prefer they try not to get into a track meet with Slippery Rock. I think time of possession will be a critical part of next week's ballgame. They'll need to effectively run the ball to control that category of the football game. SRU has that UCF type feel to them where 7-8 seconds is too long between snaps. If you keep those guys off the field for extended periods of times it'll hopefully mess with their rhythm and flow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      IUP will have to play better next week. But I'm confident they will. Cal has a good run defense, but I am a bit worried they couldn't really generate anything on the ground. I would prefer they try not to get into a track meet with Slippery Rock. I think time of possession will be a critical part of next week's ballgame. They'll need to effectively run the ball to control that category of the football game. SRU has that UCF type feel to them where 7-8 seconds is too long between snaps. If you keep those guys off the field for extended periods of times it'll hopefully mess with their rhythm and flow.
                      SRU is obviously good but let's can the parade talk on here. They haven't exactly played what you'd call even a remotely hard schedule yet. They haven't felt ANY adversity yet. Let's see how they handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

SRU is obviously good but let's can the parade talk on here. They haven't exactly played what you'd call even a remotely hard schedule yet. They haven't felt ANY adversity yet. Let's see how they handle it.
                        I totally agree with you, but they've also done what you would expect them to do. The material is all there. It will be a challenge for IUP next week. Not that they can't answer the bell, but it'll be a challenge. I kind of like them going on the road for this game.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Good win by IUP. It was a slow start, but overall the defense was excellent. You keep a team out of the end zone these days that's a big deal. On offense, the big drop by a wide open Grant Smith early on hurt. If he catches that ball and they finish that drive, or even get three, it's a confidence builder. Instead it was a momentum killer and we all saw the result with a big zero at halftime. It's a real luxury to have a guy like Brown out there who you can throw the homerun ball to a few times a game, and a guy like Maxwell who can throw it. They were the difference really. Cal has nobody like Brown or Maxwell on offense. Not even close.

Cal played well on D, but in the end just didn't have enough material. Taking a long look at it, is Cal cozying into that 3rd-4th spot in the West for the long haul? They were 7-4 last year, and already have two losses this year before playing SRU, and possibly West Chester to close out the year. This could be a lengthy playoff drought.

Comment

• You guys are being to hard on the quarterback, he didn't have time to throw, receivers were locked down most of the game, nothing he could do. I thought Dunn was being too conservative, but after looking at it, they just couldn't go deep on IUP.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X