Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP @ SRU

So who gets the headstart toward the state game. If IUP wins, their spot looks locked in aside from something totally unreal. If SRU wins, oddly IUP will have to be on the phone to GARY DUNN with as much info as they can for the VULCANS 11/2 date with SRU.

Let the hate flow.....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Let the hate flow.....
      Hardly hate. There are two possible outcomes,, one gives you a well deserved clear path to the SG and the other means you need help. In either event a one loss IUP has, AT WORST, a #4 seed in the SR1. You gotta love those odds.

Comment

Well, based on the sports fever announcers during the Rock / Hurst game, Rock has all these NFL prospects, how can IUP possibly win ? ? ? Seriously though, It should be a great game, alot depends on how the offense performs. It would be nice if our offense came up with a new wrinkle or two -maybe a third running play for a start ? . Then again IUP played the tougher schedule so far, so. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          Well, based on the sports fever announcers during the Rock / Hurst game, Rock has all these NFL prospects, how can IUP possibly win ? ? ? Seriously though, It should be a great game, alot depends on how the offense performs. It would be nice if our offense came up with a new wrinkle or two -maybe a third running play for a start ? . Then again IUP played the tougher schedule so far, so. We'll see.

They are arguably the same. Wayne St./New Haven are comparable with Wayne St pulling off an upset on Saginaw. Both teams played Mercyhurst. The other games you cant compare, Rock-IUP are simply more talented.

Comment

Good point D lived up to rep and held CAL U to less than average opp ppg of 11. Bad point O that had averaged 53 ppg was held to 17. So yes it likely will be how many points can the C'HAWKS score.

Comment

I think the winner of this game will have to run the ball effectively; neither team has been able to run the ball consistently all year. Being one-dimensional against a good team is usually not successful. The initial weather report is calling for rain; another reason that the run game will be very important.

Comment

This will be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                  This will be a good game.
                  I would say this "SHOULD" be a good game. If IUP had Runya Mitchell I would feel better about our chances in shutting down the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                    I think the winner of this game will have to run the ball effectively; neither team has been able to run the ball consistently all year. Being one-dimensional against a good team is usually not successful. The initial weather report is calling for rain; another reason that the run game will be very important.
                    ROCK did do a hell of a better job against Mercyhurst running he ball

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

They are arguably the same. Wayne St./New Haven are comparable with Wayne St pulling off an upset on Saginaw. Both teams played Mercyhurst. The other games you cant compare, Rock-IUP are simply more talented.
                      I suppose the big difference is Cal vs Ship, the rest are the same, if you call NHU and Wayne State a Push. I think the Cal game Give IUP some confidence, and learned more about themselves - more likely to keep it close, and of winning in the end of a close game. But if IUP gets the early lead with a few big plays, how will Rock react?

Comment

I'll just go way out the stupid limb and say that the two teams are so close that the turning point will be a defensive score or special teams play. Time will tell.

Comment

I suppose the big difference is Cal vs Ship, the rest are the same, if you call NHU and Wayne State a Push. I think the Cal game Give IUP some confidence, and learned more about themselves - more likely to keep it close, and of winning in the end of a close game. But if IUP gets the early lead with a few big plays, how will Rock react?
                          That's the great unknown. SRU hasn't faced any adversity all season. You don't know how a team will react until it happens.

That's why I feel avoiding the funeral home start like last year's game is imparative.

A fast start is a must for IUP -- something they aren't exactly famous for under Tort. They have to get SRU under some stress and quiet what will be a major crowd.

Tort has to coach a fine line this week. They are coming off a big high. He has to get them back down, focused and then back up by Saturday.

I like their chances in this game much more than I did a year ago. This a good team with good leaders ... not like the knucklheads last season.

Gonna be a battle. Two strong teams.

And, of course, this could just be Round 1.

Comment

Im currently watching film on IUP and when I say I am NOT impressed by their defensive backs would be an understatement. All that MAN coverage will get their ass embarrassed. Their LBS and DL are pretty nice, but they're slow to be honest; they are big SOLID guys

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              I'll just go way out the stupid limb and say that the two teams are so close that the turning point will be a defensive score or special teams play. Time will tell.
                              And the ability to maintain self-control for no stupid penalties after the whistle.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X