Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Awful
    Not the first time this has happened. My senior year in 2015 there was interest in multiple student buses to go to Evansville for the men's basketball national championship. They took one (which was nice of them), but they had interest somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4 bus loads of kids that wanted to go. IUP cited issues with not having enough drivers and the contract with the busing company that they used.

That didn't affect me at all, seeing that I was in Columbus that semester for my internship. I was already half way to Evansville.

In a circumstance like that I understand that it's a logistics nightmare. You figure that the semifinal game ended at 10 PM ET on Thursday night. The championship game was at 3:00 on Saturday. But come on... You gotta find a way to make it happen for the students.

Comment

FOR IUP fans travelling to THE ROCK

IUP FAN PARKING
      Map of Visitor Parking and Entry Gate
      TAILGATING
      HERE

You can avoid going into town,(Parade is at 10, should be over no later than 11:30AM) but just taking Harmony Road straight thru, you can turn right off of Route 173 onto Harmony Rd

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
        FOR IUP fans travelling to THE ROCK

IUP FAN PARKING
        Map of Visitor Parking and Entry Gate
        TAILGATING
        HERE

You can avoid going into town,(Parade is at 10, should be over no later than 11:30AM) but just taking Harmony Road straight thru, you can turn right off of Route 173 onto Harmony Rd
        Thanks for this!

We look forward to coming up there to crush our enemies, see the team driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of your women! :-)

Comment

#Rock-Dance

Lol ... memories
          The memories from the game. I remember trying to storm the rock, but ROTC had to protect it. Loved that victory.

Comment

A lot of Old School Rock fan posters coming out of the wood work this week... SHOCKING!!!

Comment

The picking of the esteemed members of our Pick 'Em game:

Through (40) entries:

Slippery Rock - 29 votes
              IUP - 11 votes

Of note: The IUP crowd is about 50/50. In the years I've run this game ... never seen so many IUP fans pick against the Crimson Hawks.

The game picking closest to EVEN is Mercyhurst/Edinboro (which is also getting the most love for the bonus point ... lowest total combined points).

Comment

The picking of the esteemed members of our Pick 'Em game:

Through (40) entries:

Slippery Rock - 29 votes
                IUP - 11 votes

Of note: The IUP crowd is about 50/50. In the years I've run this game ... never seen so many IUP fans pick against the Crimson Hawks.

The game picking closest to EVEN is Mercyhurst/Edinboro (which is also getting the most love for the bonus point ... lowest total combined points).
                Well it's good to see that the IUP fanbase isn't full of total homers.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Well it's good to see that the IUP fanbase isn't full of total homers.
                  People know IUP is the underdog. I can't pick against IUP. If SRU wins it's no consolation to say 'Well, at least I got the pick'ems right,'

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

People know IUP is the underdog. I can't pick against IUP. If SRU wins it's no consolation to say 'Well, at least I got the pick'ems right,'

They are a small dog ... but not much of one. I certainly believe they can win tomorrow.

Comment

They are a small dog ... but not much of one. I certainly believe they can win tomorrow.
                      It will be a thriller for sure. Hopefully it lives up to the billing.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm just ribbing the IUP fans on the board as you all have an overwhelming presence here.

Comment

Agree 100%. Just feels right to say we're the underdog in this game. The reality is that it all can be tossed out the window. Should be a good one tomorrow.

Comment

I think it's gonna be a good, evenly matched game. Either team can win this. I think it's close in the 1st half, 17-14 IUP. Then in the 4Q, IUP scores on a Brown long catch and run TD to put it away 24-14 IUP. The best part will be no stupid IUP penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                              I think it's gonna be a good, evenly matched game. Either team can win this. I think it's close in the 1st half, 17-14 IUP. Then in the 4Q, IUP scores on a Brown long catch and run TD to put it away 24-14 IUP. The best part will be no stupid IUP penalties.
                              Good luck with that one.

I've watched IUP for 30 years. If it's one thing that I can guarantee you ... they will make some stupid penalties.

Comment

Honestly I cant even lie this is going to be the biggest game on either schedule. I think SRU has to contain #21 on IUP offense. Hes the playmaker. As long as they don't let them hurt them, they should definitely have a shot at winning.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X