Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Game Haven vs Ville

This game is a measurement. Another Haven loss may mean the last chance for another win. A win gives them some momentum. A Ville loss means little to no progress at this point.

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    This game is a measurement. Another Haven loss may mean the last chance for another win. A win gives them some momentum. A Ville loss means little to no progress at this point.
    Year # 2 and and the only culture change at Ville, is the mold growing in JC's petri dish.
    This is what happens when you have an administrative knee jerk reaction. We have gone from the frying pan into a blazing inferno.
    I agree, somewhat, with Mr Harry. However, with the Pace game already won and no more Cheney's to hang that 1 guaranteed win on, I doubt the result of the LH game will matter much either way.

Comment

Funding has to be a huge issue at the Ville. Morgan recruited good talent to Shippensburg with only 6-7 scholarships at his disposal but also had great tradition/history on his side to help him land good talent with limited funds by throwing Ron Davis/John Kuhn/Brent Grimes names around as guys who landed into the NFL and all 3 played in a Pro Bowl with the first two winning Super Bowls..The recent history at Millersville (Last 15 years) has been dismal so attracting quality players will be hard without some $$ to dangle at recruits.

Comment

To give Millersville some benefit of the doubt, their four losses have come to teams that are all undefeated. Culture change was never going to happen quickly at Ville, and they have a solid OOC road win under their belts.

That being said, if they do lose to Lock Haven, it's not a good sign. With Shepherd in instead of Cheyney, the margin of error is much thinner, and it would be a bad look if Millersville gets blown out against Ship and Bloom in a down year for both of them. The wins have to come from somewhere, and if ESU manages to be a consistent 5/6-win team rather than a 3/4-win team, it won't be easy.

Comment

The lack of funding myth at Ville has been debunked for some time now. Breitbach raised a ton of money. As far as recruiting to Ship vs Ville, literally every coach in Ship history has won. Just like West Chester. Much easier recruiting at those places. Sacks are a greater threat than funding right now. After last year's 60 plus sacks given up, they are on course for a repeat this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
            The lack of funding myth at Ville has been debunked for some time now. Breitbach raised a ton of money. As far as recruiting to Ship vs Ville, literally every coach in Ship history has won. Just like West Chester. Much easier recruiting at those places. Sacks are a greater threat than funding right now. After last year's 60 plus sacks given up, they are on course for a repeat this year.
            Agree 100%. Breitbach finally had the program on an upswing, had boosters/fans/alumni putting up a lot of money. Players had hope. Game attendance/interest was on the increase. Then BAM. Everything was undone. (look back at my posts). And Ville had to start all over. The Armchair Warriors on here lambasted me for being critical, but my points were valid. And now, with the new regime's team bombing ( yes, I'm giving the 2018 team and staff a pass, as it was turmoil almost until camp started) this year, the "Ville can't recruit" or "there's no funding" excuses are popping up.
            Yet last year, JC's cronies were losing bodily fluid over their excitement about the wonderful things he'd be doing by this year. Now they're back to reality and using the above mentioned excuses.
            What a fickle bunch!!

Comment

QBWR, you are correct. Ville has great facilities and funding. Probably tops in the PSAC in facilities and location. The funding is not a problem. Just multiply the equivalencies X the cost of school for each of the PSAC East schools. That will tell you how good a situation it is. Then, add the facilities. Progess Report will be turned in by Saturday night.

Comment

The anticipation builds................

Comment

Big win for the ville, for LHU, a step back

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X