Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Coverage vs SRU

What's your feelings on our DL n Secondary stopping SRU?

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
    What's your feelings on our DL n Secondary stopping SRU?
    What's your feelings on their defense stopping IUP? Equal question in my opinion.

Comment

Who is the best LB, Vernick or Llyod ?

Comment

bigIndian since I am new to this Forum was just asking if u think IUPs Dl/Secondary can keep up.

Comment

Personally, I like the IUP D-Line against the SR O-Line. They rotate 3 lines deep, and can get to the QB. Listening to Coach Tort on his show this week, he said the DL was getting to the QB in time, just as the WR's were beginning to get separation from the DB's. That's gonna be key this week. Get to the QB, make him uncomfortable. Hit him after every play. If he has to run, and I believe he can run like a gazelle, hope that the LB's can contain him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
            bigIndian since I am new to this Forum was just asking if u think IUPs Dl/Secondary can keep up.
            Yes. I don't buy in to the notion of SRU being like Clemson or something. Are they good? Sure. Have they played a defense like IUP yet? Not even remotely.

Both teams are going to score in this game. The O's are too good.

Who gets the fluke turnover. Who makes the dumb penalty in clutch time. Who rips one on special teams. Who gets a defensive touchdown. Those are the places I see this game being determined.

IUP's defense is good. Really good. They just completely smothered a good Cal offense. They are much better in the secondary this year. The DL is nasty and Lloyd is one of the top LBs in the country.

This is basically total role reversal from the week leading up to last season's game.

My biggest fear for IUP is the kicking game. We've seen a couple extra points blocked as well as a FG. That cannot happen in a close game. My second fear is IUP's love of committing horendous penalties.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X