Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psac on boro-gannon

https://psacsports.org/news/2019/10/...-football.aspx

Interesting. I didn't see anything that implicated Edinboro players but nothing more than a verbal reprimand to Gannon.

Comment

Wow...why nothing happen to any of the LIT AF players?!?!?!?

Comment

I see the PSAC took down the statement on Edinboro/Gannon football. One commonality with that and these two. Can you spot it?

11/1/2017 PSAC Statement on IUP/Gannon Football

10/12/2016 PSAC Statement on Edinboro/Gannon Football

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
          I see the PSAC took down the statement on Edinboro/Gannon football. One commonality with that and these two. Can you spot it?

The timing of the announcement was very interesting -- late Saturday morning. Seems they were trying to get that out there with little fanfare.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
            Wow...why nothing happen to any of the LIT AF players?!?!?!?
            I didn't really see anything involving players. Unsure what the PSAC saw. In the Erie media posts that I've seen, Edinboro's OC ran out and was looking toward the sideline - but there were also Boro players over there. Gannon's HC seems to interpret the OC's sprint as a challenge and walks out toward him. He motions to him - unsure if he's pointing, giving the finger, or what - but if anything the Gannon HC seemed way more likely to fight than the Edinboro OC. The Gannon HC is 10+ years older than the Edinboro OC plus has received numerous warnings before. He should know better and therefore should have received no less than an equal sanction as the Edinboro HC. Again, never saw anything from players on either side other than the usual "holding my guy back" scrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

What is, Gannon, Alex?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I didn't really see anything involving players. Unsure what the PSAC saw. In the Erie media posts that I've seen, Edinboro's OC ran out and was looking toward the sideline - but there were also Boro players over there. Gannon's HC seems to interpret the OC's sprint as a challenge and walks out toward him. He motions to him - unsure if he's pointing, giving the finger, or what - but if anything the Gannon HC seemed way more likely to fight than the Edinboro OC. The Gannon HC is 10+ years older than the Edinboro OC plus has received numerous warnings before. He should know better and therefore should have received no less than an equal sanction as the Edinboro HC. Again, never saw anything from players on either side other than the usual "holding my guy back" scrum.
                When I looked closer it does look like the Gannon HC gave the finger. But He was being taunted. He looks like he is simply walking to the 50 for post game handshake. I never see him even hurry in response. The boro coach taunts and then starts running at the gannon HC before probably thinking better and walking at him...but going at him at the gannon side of the field. Clearly, the aggressor in this case. And it was apparently obvious to the PSAC what happened for things to go down the way they did. I agree on the finger but not sure how one coach taunts and runs at the other coach...and the coach walking out to midfield is considered the aggressor..... "Gannon's HC seems to interpret the OC"s sprint as a challenge"....you mean the sprint/walk at him after flexing and yelling at the him/Gannon sideline as a challenge? LOL.

Only thing I saw boro players do....maybe in another video or online somewhere was 3 guys dancing towards Gannon from midfield and not with the other boro players. Only assume it was that since it was 3 guys dancing at gannon and 3 guys suspended for a half....unless it was something that happened elsewhere.

It had to be obvious for a Gannon alum to only suspend one side and not worry about a conflict of interest. And it clearly was to anyone that watched the video on twitter with any degree of objectiveness.

I think Gannon-Boro generally have some bad blood. Both teams struggling only add to the **** show between players on the field. But in this case that had nothing to do with the after party. I'm kind of amazed that it didn't get much worse considering how it was started. I'd give the players and "other" coaches credit for that...in a frustrating year for both sides things could've got crazy.

But the truth is the truth no matter how its spun or if people like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

When I looked closer it does look like the Gannon HC gave the finger. But He was being taunted. He looks like he is simply walking to the 50 for post game handshake. I never see him even hurry in response. The boro coach taunts and then starts running at the gannon HC before probably thinking better and walking at him...but going at him at the gannon side of the field. Clearly, the aggressor in this case. And it was apparently obvious to the PSAC what happened for things to go down the way they did. I agree on the finger but not sure how one coach taunts and runs at the other coach...and the coach walking out to midfield is considered the aggressor..... "Gannon's HC seems to interpret the OC"s sprint as a challenge"....you mean the sprint/walk at him after flexing and yelling at the him/Gannon sideline as a challenge? LOL.

Only thing I saw boro players do....maybe in another video or online somewhere was 3 guys dancing towards Gannon from midfield and not with the other boro players. Only assume it was that since it was 3 guys dancing at gannon and 3 guys suspended for a half....unless it was something that happened elsewhere.

It had to be obvious for a Gannon alum to only suspend one side and not worry about a conflict of interest. And it clearly was to anyone that watched the video on twitter with any degree of objectiveness.

I think Gannon-Boro generally have some bad blood. Both teams struggling only add to the **** show between players on the field. But in this case that had nothing to do with the after party. I'm kind of amazed that it didn't get much worse considering how it was started. I'd give the players and "other" coaches credit for that...in a frustrating year for both sides things could've got crazy.

The main office doesn't get pressed for details so they get to play Judge, Jury and Executioner. Suspend three players from just one team ... great. Who are they? What did they do?

I do agree with you that the film from the actual game broadcast doesn't show the whole story.

This is the same front office that suspended just one player per side after Wrestlemania broke out at IUP two years ago.

I love how they also always end those 'memo statements' by saying the PSAC considers this a closed matter and will have no further comment. What a crock. They only get away with that crap because it's small potatoes and no media pressure. Some of these players are 22-years-old. They break a rule worthy of suspension ... it's part of the story. They aren't in junior high.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ok. Ill play along.

I wasn't there. I watched online. I just looked at the play by play. In the 2nd half Boro had 4 personal fouls. gannon had 1. (your earlier post about 2nd half instigators)?

I have no grudge vs boro coaches. I expected a rough year after losing 20 seniors last year. I predicted 3-8. with GVSU replacing lake erie and the OC leaving...etc. Nowhere do I post about them getting fired but yet have agreed Gannon HC should be... It would be different if I was saying false info to bash them instead of it being what actually happened. It is, what it is. I argued cuz ppl posting were clearly wrong.. no other reason. Bash the Gannon HC all you want but atleast be right before you do it. Just ppl too biased to see what happened in this case.

I jumped in on this topic last week when the video was posted. I had the same opinion as everyone else when I saw it happen live. I blamed gannon coach and players and didn't think about it again until the video was put on the board with comments bashing the gannon HC. When I watched it...it was clear what "actually" happened. One boro guy instigated a situation that could've been much worse.

Funny you call me on being biased when your clearly a disgruntled gannon poster. Gannon should've fired him last year. This year is just a waste of a year for gannon now. Couldve already been moved on.

Comment

[QUOTE=EdinboroFB;n436919]

Comment

[QUOTE=Mjtheman;n436932]Ya, obviously ignoring any facts...I am the one that's an idiot and wrong here. Send that to the PSAC and get them to correct their mistake here about who started it and should be punished. If the players wanted to fight it would've been out of control. Ignore the personal foul stats since they don't help your argument.

Or even better... if you want to taunt me from midfield and see what happens. ..in the real world though there aren't 50 ppl on the field to break it up when you want to cry tough.
                              Last edited by EdinboroFB; 10-18-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X