Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Shepherd is more western than either LH or Ship so maybe they will move??
    I remember when the Shep- East of West conversation came up before. I looked at all the travel distances from Sheperdstown to PSAC schools. It was very close but I think the east was slightly closer.

However, if any move was precipitated by the Erie schools departure then Shep would be closer to the schools in the West in the aggregate.

In most ways I see Shep as being more of a western school.
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 10-17-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I will say with absolute certainty the next school the PSAC targets (when the time comes) will be Frostburg State. That rumor is already in circulation.
      Yep...The "rumor" started today at 12:42 soooo, it's already in circulation!!!
      Last edited by boatcapt; 10-17-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I remember when the Shep- East of West conversation came up before I looked at all the travel distances from Sheperdstown to PSAC schools. It was very close but I think the east was slightly closer.

However, if any move was precipitated by the Erie schools departure then Shep would be closer to the schools in the West in the aggregate.

In most ways I see Shep as being more of a western school.
        I don't think the Hurst/Gannon move to the GMAC has any legs. But for the sake of argument, let's assume they did move. One of the big reasons Shepherd posters put forth as the reason for them wanting to move was the driving distance to East schools and their burning desire to renew their annual game vs Ship. Haven't run the numbers but absent Hurst and Gannon, I'd be pretty surprised if the remaining schools in the West weren't much closer to Shep than the schools in the East so from that perspective, moving to the West would make sense for Shep. BUUUUTTTTT...That move (OR a move of Ship to the West) would eliminate the annual game vs Ship.

Comment

Shepherd is more western than either LH or Ship so maybe they will move??
          Shepherd is right down I-81 and barely west of Ship. It's a natural rivalry game, and it makes no sense to put them in separate divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Shepherd is right down I-81 and barely west of Ship. It's a natural rivalry game, and it makes no sense to put them in separate divisions.
            Again, just speculating on the wild a$$ed rumor that has about 0% chance of happening. But in that scenario, SOMEONE who remained behind would have to move. Seems the question would be is it going to be Shep, Ship or Lock Haven?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              I will say with absolute certainty the next school the PSAC targets (when the time comes) will be Frostburg State. That rumor is already in circulation.
              They would be a great addition whenever Seton Hill drops down to D3 or leaves for another D2 conference.

Comment

Again, just speculating on the wild a$$ed rumor that has about 0% chance of happening. But in that scenario, SOMEONE who remained behind would have to move. Seems the question would be is it going to be Shep, Ship or Lock Haven?
                Realize it is hypothetical, but Ship and Shepherd were playing back in the '60s and have played dozens of times. I doubt Shepherd has played anyone else in the PSAC more than a handful of times. And the schools are ridiculously close. It would make more sense for Lock Haven to change divisions if it comes to that.

Comment

I think the Treveca starting football was an April Fools joke.

https://www.trevecca.edu/news/trevec...rogram-in-2021
                  Hahahaha they totally got me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Hahahaha they totally got me!!!
                    Yea...Got a few others as well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Realize it is hypothetical, but Ship and Shepherd were playing back in the '60s and have played dozens of times. I doubt Shepherd has played anyone else in the PSAC more than a handful of times. And the schools are ridiculously close. It would make more sense for Lock Haven to change divisions if it comes to that.
                      All true. But I would imagine that Lock Haven would have a few reasons for not wanting to "move west" as well. In this hypothetical not going to happen scenario, the conference big wigs would have to make a tough decision that might piss some folks off. Do they chose to piss off one of two foundational members of the PSAC who are in PA or do they choose to piss off the school that has been in the conference one year and is from WV? Politics can rear it's ugly head.

Comment

All true. But I would imagine that Lock Haven would have a few reasons for not wanting to "move west" as well. In this hypothetical not going to happen scenario, the conference big wigs would have to make a tough decision that might piss some folks off. Do they chose to piss off one of two foundational members of the PSAC who are in PA or do they choose to piss off the school that has been in the conference one year and is from WV? Politics can rear it's ugly head.
                        I don't think anyone gets pissed off. Lock Haven has been a "west" schools for decades. It is their nature if they were the one to need to move.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I don't think anyone gets pissed off. Lock Haven has been a "west" schools for decades. It is their nature if they were the one to need to move.
                          Didn't Ship play for quite a few years in the PSAC West?

Comment

Didn't Ship play for quite a few years in the PSAC West?
                            Gannon and Hurst moved Ship and LHU to the east. I think...

Comment

One of the ways the PSAC sold the conference move to Shepherd was that it would cut down considerably on their travel expenses. Certainly, playing against Shippensburg, a school that is less than a hour's drive away from them, played into that. I don't think it would be a matter of who was pissing off whom. It's just basic common sense that Ship and Shepherd stay in the same division.

Comment

I'd bet Commissioner Murray will do his level best to keep the Conference the largest one in the country!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X