X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best D2 Stadiums according to fans

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...according-fans

Slippery Rock makes list.

Blue Wahoos Stadium, has to have the best scenery (Marv Kay Field would be a comfortable 2nd). I'm not quite sure the quality of facilities is up to snuff with some of the other schools out there. Still, it looks pretty good for doubling as a Double-A baseball stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Stuffed the ballot box. It's a big high school field just like all the others in the PSAC. We don't have anything near a stadium.

Comment

If they made a list of Worst D2 Stadiums According to Fans would IUP's Miller make it pretty high on the list?

-

Comment

It's a fanboi list. Somebody gets on and pops in 97 votes for their home stadium. Doesn't hold any water.

Comment

What Slippery Rock lacks in dedicated football facility it makes up for in atmosphere. They're drawing 30-50% more than most of the conference.

Comment

It appears many of the same stadiums show up on their other lists: D2 Bucket List and Scenic Tour Stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                What Slippery Rock lacks in dedicated football facility it makes up for in atmosphere. They're drawing 30-50% more than most of the conference.
                No doubt but sticking to the title ... their stadium is the same as all the others. Their aluminum bleachers just hold more.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No doubt but sticking to the title ... their stadium is the same as all the others. Their aluminum bleachers just hold more.
                  Correct. I wasn't able to make it work this year but I'm looking forward to going to Lubbers in 2021 and checking that box. Also looking forward to stopping at Founders in Grand Rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Correct. I wasn't able to make it work this year but I'm looking forward to going to Lubbers in 2021 and checking that box. Also looking forward to stopping at Founders in Grand Rapids.
                    Ashland is the nicest D2 stadium I've been to in person. It is head and shoulders nicer than SRU.

Stadiums like Ashland and many of the ones shown on that list are just on a different level compared to anything in the PSAC. Shepherd is our nicest stadium (my opinion).

I'd probably rank the West (stadium ranking not atmosphere):

1. Mercyhurst

(big gap)

2-3. Cal and SRU (probably bump SRU ahead of Cal as the Vulcans visiting side is horrendous)
                    4-6. Boro-IUP-Clarion (they are about a wash)
                    7. Seton Hill
                    8. Gannon

Comment

Curious to know what those of you who have been to Ram Stadium think about the stadium? I think it is really a little hidden gem in the DC metro area. Any stadium that does not have track lanes has an advantage in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
                        Curious to know what those of you who have been to Ram Stadium think about the stadium? I think it is really a little hidden gem in the DC metro area. Any stadium that does not have track lanes has an advantage in my opinion
                        No doubt. That's why I like Mercyhurst so much. I hate track stadiums. I've watched plenty of Shepherd games but haven't visited. I plan to when IUP plays there next September. Looks fantastic.

We have a cathederal of a basketball arena. And, well, a football field.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I have been on the board since the start of last year and out of all the people here, you are the BIGGEST ROCK hater I have ever encountered. Are you THAT pissed yall lost 2 years in a row? Especially on homecoming games. are you really THAT mad yall stadium wasn't mentioned ? come on man get a grip sore loser

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

I have been on the board since the start of last year and out of all the people here, you are the BIGGEST ROCK hater I have ever encountered. Are you THAT pissed yall lost 2 years in a row? Especially on homecoming games. are you really THAT mad yall stadium wasn't mentioned ? come on man get a grip sore loser
                            Look at the photos. It's no comparison. And, no, our stadium is awful. Have you ever seen it? Ever heard anybody on here say it was nice? Notice your stadium was the only one not to get an aerial view?

It's not hate. I'm just not blind.

Our football stadium is the equivalent to your basketball gym. Awful.

Calling me a bigger rock hater than IUPNation? Wow.

Just don't disappear after the streak ends. Historically that's what rock posters do on here. Don't be a bandwagon.

P.s. I'm mainly a basketball fan. And, yes, we enjoy the decades-long beatings we put on sru.
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-18-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Forget the stadium. Location, location, location. Bloom has the best location for a stadium in the PSAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X