Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Us Assume

Let us assume that SRU somehow loses to Cal a week or so hence (Don't think it will happen!) and there is then a three way tie in PSAC West. And, yes I know I am guilty of making other assumptions about some other encounters! How is it then decided which one of the three--SRU, Cal U, or IUP-- would represent the PSAC West in the PSAC Championship Game with the winner of the PSAC East. I guess the same question could be applied to the PSAC East, if West Chester beats Kutztown a few weeks hence if things go according to what most think will happen. Yeah, I know Kutztown still has to down Ship before getting to the WCU game. Just asking and speculating. Anybody who can enlighten me? If so, thanks!!

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
    Let us assume that SRU somehow loses to Cal a week or so hence (Don't think it will happen!) and there is then a three way tie in PSAC West. And, yes I know I am guilty of making other assumptions about some other encounters! How is it then decided which one of the three--SRU, Cal U, or IUP-- would represent the PSAC West in the PSAC Championship Game with the winner of the PSAC East. I guess the same question could be applied to the PSAC East, if West Chester beats Kutztown a few weeks hence if things go according to what most think will happen. Yeah, I know Kutztown still has to down Ship before getting to the WCU game. Just asking and speculating. Anybody who can enlighten me? If so, thanks!!
    The criteria was posted in another thread a couple weeks ago.

If the West results in a 3 way tie I believe SRU is a lock to be in the State Game. If SRU, IUP, and Cal all have 1 divisional loss Cal would be eliminated because they'd have 2 conference losses. Then the head-to-head game between IUP and SRU would favor SRU.

In the east, if there is a 3 way tie Kutztown and WCU would only have 1 loss overall and I think WCU would be the East representative based on a victory over Kutztown. As before, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
      3.1 TOURNAMENT FORMAT

3.1.1 Date: The Eastern and Western Division champions will compete during week 11, alternating sites between divisions (West in even years and East in odd years) to determine the PSAC champion.
      3.1.2 Champions in each division will be determined by won-loss record within the division.
      3.1.3 In the event of a tie between two or more teams for the division lead, the following procedure will be utilized. In the process of breaking the tie among multiple teams, if one team is eliminated from the tie, then the tiebreaking process will restart from the first step.
      a. Head-to-Head Results among tied teams.
      b. Record against teams in the division not involved in the tie starting at the top of the standings.
      c. Overall record in mandated conference games (divisional & crossovers included)
      d. Coin toss.

https://static.psacsports.org/custom...k/football.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!!

Comment

Sort of random, but I"m impressed with the conference's completeness on that, going down the standings step by step if necessary to find a difference. That's a well-done directive.

Comment

Somebody beat me to it...

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Sort of random, but I"m impressed with the conference's completeness on that, going down the standings step by step if necessary to find a difference. That's a well-done directive.
              I don't know how much thought went into flip a coin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I don't know how much thought went into flip a coin.
                The coin flip is the 4th option. Do you have a better one?!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Conference strength of schedule...since crossover record is already in.....who beat better teams.

Bigger margin of victory.

Who has nicer uniforms.

What HC has a prettier wife.

Then ok a coin flip.

Comment

Strength of schedule is a terrible metric in this instance. I don't even like it used in determining playoff teams. No school has control over how good or bad their opponents are. Margin of victory isn't much of a better one. You can pad that stat by beating up on the bad teams...

Comment

Strength of schedule is a terrible metric in this instance. I don't even like it used in determining playoff teams. No school has control over how good or bad their opponents are. Margin of victory isn't much of a better one. You can pad that stat by beating up on the bad teams...
                      options compared to a "coin flip"

Comment

crossover record shouldn't count then since everyone plays 3 different teams.
                        Cal losing to Kutztown will keep them out of the state game if they beat SRU
                        Last edited by EdinboroFB; 10-22-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Anything

PSAC coaches vote on it

Previous years record

Highest ranked team in National Poll

Total points scored in the season

Comment

How many times has a coin flip ever been used?! The first 3 procedures use wins and losses, which are the best metrics to use. Let's all agree to research our own school's history, and we can look at facts, not hypotheticals...Deal?

Comment

It's possible for the conference directives to both be complete and for a coin flip to not be ideal. Doesn't hurt to discuss hypotheticals.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X