Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: DABO

We talked extensively last week about a lack of discipline in today's game.

This past Saturday, a Clemson and Louisville player got in to a fight on a punt coverage. The Clemson player punched the Louisville player in the helmet.

Dabo ran on to the field and immediately 'ejected' his own player ... sending him to the showers (before the officials could even eject him). Then, after the game, when the team flew home, he made the player involved in the stupid play ride home 450 miles in a van with the team managers.

That's awesome. Not a coincidence his program is what it is.

Probably been having problems with that player already. But Dabo is one heck of a coach.

Comment

Salute to Dabo, inventor of the "Dab"!!! Look for this player on the Transfer Portal at the end of the season.

This past weekend, I went to my sons old High School game. It was the first game I attended since he graduated last year and moved on to IUP. I could not believe what I saw, 18 penalties on his old team, alone...24 in total. Where is the discipline? Where is the accountability? At one time I thought it was the refs, being bad, but now, maybe I'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
        Salute to Dabo, inventor of the "Dab"!!! Look for this player on the Transfer Portal at the end of the season.

This past weekend, I went to my sons old High School game. It was the first game I attended since he graduated last year and moved on to IUP. I could not believe what I saw, 18 penalties on his old team, alone...24 in total. Where is the discipline? Where is the accountability? At one time I thought it was the refs, being bad, but now, maybe I'm not so sure.
        LOL ... just sayin' ... your son's new team beat his old team. IUP had 19 flags.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

LOL ... just sayin' ... your son's new team beat his old team. IUP had 19 flags.
          HAHAHA, Thanks for pointing that out! He's only a Freshman, give him some time, he'll fix them up. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post

For officials, its probably some unintentional bias - when you're looking for penalties your eyes will find penalties. Plus, we give refs more crap for no calls than we do for bad calls.

For coaches, its probably some anxiety over self-preservation. High school coaches are worried about players quitting and college coaches are worried about players transferring if they're disciplined. Young guys are learning playing style from ESPN and Barstool rather than coaches. Most players feel entitled to play with some swagger. That doesn't mix with the discipline crowd.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X