Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you VERY MUCH Inkblot!

Ok, I know this will change a few times, but I honestly think this is crazy that the PSAC has a chance in putting 5 teams in the playoffs. I know they are trying to keep travel cost down, but that would be VERY crazy, unless Tiffin and Ohio Dominican loses more games.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      Thank you VERY MUCH Inkblot!

Ok, I know this will change a few times, but I honestly think this is crazy that the PSAC has a chance in putting 5 teams in the playoffs. I know they are trying to keep travel cost down, but that would be VERY crazy, unless Tiffin and Ohio Dominican loses more games.
      PSAC will only get four. Either Shep/WCU/ Cal are going to lose out to EA. don't forget about Assumption, I would guess they may be sitting at #11.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

PSAC will only get four. Either Shep/WCU/ Cal are going to lose out to EA. don't forget about Assumption, I would guess they may be sitting at #11.
        You probably correct. We shall play the waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
          If you had told me NDC would be ranked 3rd, I would not have anticipated WVSU being ranked 5th. Really getting credited for that win against Frostburg, and barely dinged for the loss to Urbana. I find it very hard to believe that Urbana is the best 2-loss team in the region.

Assumption not being ranked is a good sign for the bubble teams. Cal not being ranked should go over well with their fans.
          As a VULCANS fan the RR are what they are. From 9/6 the team knew that three games were critical KUTZ, IUP and SRU. To assure themselves standing they had to win 2-3. They've lost 2-3 and are on the outside looking in which is extremely frustrating but to be expected. There is still a long shot available. IF they win out the added wins over SRU and WCU will add a lot to their SOS. IMO they would be the best 9-2 team and aside from losing out to EA should make the PO. So they once again know what they have to do. Time will tell if they can manage it.

Comment

So is the EA an automatic selection?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              So is the EA an automatic selection?
              Earned Access means that if a conference's highest-ranked team is inside the top nine, that team gets in automatically. If the season ended today, #9 Tiffin would get in via EA and bump #7 Urbana out.

Comment

Lots of changes coming.

Kutztown at WCU (GIGANTIC game for the WCU)

ND at WV State (and Frostburg) ... big SOS boost

PSAC State Game (somebody has to lose)

It's cool they release these ... gives us hacks something more official to yap about for a few weeks. There's a lot of the story yet to be told.

Just think of the chaos if ESU, WCU, Frostburg and Cal all win this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Earned Access means that if a conference's highest-ranked team is inside the top nine, that team gets in automatically. If the season ended today, #9 Tiffin would get in via EA and bump #7 Urbana out.
                  Thank you very much for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Lots of changes coming.

Kutztown at WCU (GIGANTIC game for the WCU)

ND at WV State (and Frostburg) ... big SOS boost

PSAC State Game (somebody has to lose)

It's cool they release these ... gives us hacks something more official to yap about for a few weeks. There's a lot of the story yet to be told.

Just think of the chaos if ESU, WCU, Frostburg and Cal all win this weekend.
                    BIG chaos!!!!!!!!

Comment

Something awful to think about, if IUP wins out, can they still get bumped? How can things break "perfectly wrong" for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                        Something awful to think about, if IUP wins out, can they still get bumped? How can things break "perfectly wrong" for them?
                        If they win out I can't see them dropping - mainly because other stuff is going to happen by default (head-to-head games).

WV State is playing ND. One of them is going to lose. Same with Kutz/WCU. It would take the stars lining up.

As Tort keeps saying ... go 1-0 this week. That's the only thing they can control.

There are some potential bracket-busting games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                          Don't put any ideas in Nation's head. please?!

Comment

Already getting antsy about Shepherd's standing. The fact that they have ODU ranked has to mean a waiver was granted for their 9 game slate as opposed to the mandated 10 game rule. Head to head has to mean something if they end up 8-2 and Shepherd is 9-2. Add in the fact that Asssumption is most likely just outside this top 10 waiting for the EA to get applied.

Shepherds SOS which is great at the moment will be ok with East Stroudsburg this week, but Bloom and Seton Hill after that aren't going to do any favors.

Rams will be sweating it out... that ODU game hurts to think about!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                              Already getting antsy about Shepherd's standing. The fact that they have ODU ranked has to mean a waiver was granted for their 9 game slate as opposed to the mandated 10 game rule. Head to head has to mean something if they end up 8-2 and Shepherd is 9-2. Add in the fact that Asssumption is most likely just outside this top 10 waiting for the EA to get applied.

Shepherds SOS which is great at the moment will be ok with East Stroudsburg this week, but Bloom and Seton Hill after that aren't going to do any favors.

On the other hand, Urbana has a tough game against Truman State remaining, WVSU has tough games against Charleston and NDC, and WCU has Kutztown and possibly CalU left. If Shepherd wins out they should be able to jump one or two of the teams currently above them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not true about the waiver... being granted or not. I do not know. The RR is thru 10/28. It's not looking at the end of the season seeing that the team only has 9 games, it's just as of today . I follow them, just to give you some peace they've been ranked in the RR BEFORE even #8 and did not get in 2 yrs ago. Deserved it but did not because one of the teams they played was an FCS team so didn't count. I don't think they will get in Again. Don't understand why they can't schedule games.... now if Tiffin wins out I see them getting in with only one loss, I was at the Odu /tiffin game and they are solid. Their SOS sucks but they can play football. The test for them will be Hillsdale & Findlay. I wouldn't sleep on either of those teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X