Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

On the other hand, Urbana has a tough game against Truman State remaining, WVSU has tough games against Charleston and NDC, and WCU has Kutztown and possibly CalU left. If Shepherd wins out they should be able to jump one or two of the teams currently above them.
    Yea lot of ball to be played. WCU I wasn't too concerned about to be honest. Very underwhelmed by them when they came to Ram Stadium this year. Kutztown should beat them with ease. Then Shepherd would have the head to head against them and better conference record to move ahead of that hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea lot of ball to be played. WCU I wasn't too concerned about to be honest. Very underwhelmed by them when they came to Ram Stadium this year. Kutztown should beat them with ease. Then Shepherd would have the head to head against them and better conference record to move ahead of that hurdle.
      Correct. If West Chester loses this week they are going to have major problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
        Already getting antsy about Shepherd's standing. The fact that they have ODU ranked has to mean a waiver was granted for their 9 game slate as opposed to the mandated 10 game rule. Head to head has to mean something if they end up 8-2 and Shepherd is 9-2. Add in the fact that Asssumption is most likely just outside this top 10 waiting for the EA to get applied.

Shepherds SOS which is great at the moment will be ok with East Stroudsburg this week, but Bloom and Seton Hill after that aren't going to do any favors.

Rams will be sweating it out... that ODU game hurts to think about!!!
        If a team chooses to play a 9 game schedule they should NOT even be in any preliminary regional rankings. That would be down right absurd. An 11 game schedule has the possibility of obviously additional losses and the collateral damage injury wise of 2 more games. We went over this last year when someone got in playing 10 games. 9 should be a no brainer to eliminate.....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

If a team chooses to play a 9 game schedule they should NOT even be in any preliminary regional rankings. That would be down right absurd. An 11 game schedule has the possibility of obviously additional losses and the collateral damage injury wise of 2 more games. We went over this last year when someone got in playing 10 games. 9 should be a no brainer to eliminate.....just sayin
          Yep. Total farce.

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

Not true about the waiver... being granted or not. I do not know. The RR is thru 10/28. It's not looking at the end of the season seeing that the team only has 9 games, it's just as of today . I follow them, just to give you some peace they've been ranked in the RR BEFORE even #8 and did not get in 2 yrs ago. Deserved it but did not because one of the teams they played was an FCS team so didn't count. I don't think they will get in Again. Don't understand why they can't schedule games.... now if Tiffin wins out I see them getting in with only one loss, I was at the Odu /tiffin game and they are solid. Their SOS sucks but they can play football. The test for them will be Hillsdale & Findlay. I wouldn't sleep on either of those teams.
            GMAC columnist says they're eligible.

Originally posted by Scott Miles View Post
            No problems, thanks for reading and the feedback! Yes, ODU is eligible for the postseason this year. And yes, WVS and Urbana are right there as well. Hurting WVS is its loss to Urbana...I think the committee would use that to keep them behind UU. But if they win out, they're going to be right there in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

I saw they got the waiver ... but ... still think it's a farce. It's such an advantage physically as opposed to teams who played 11 games.

Comment

ODU didn't choose to play only nine games. Malone dropped its program in late January which opened up week six. Due to the conference schedule, ODU also had week nine open. Trying to fill non-conference games at that point in the schedule is incredibly difficult, as most other leagues are already in the midst of their own conference play. If other schools who were open those same dates won't call you back, well, there's only so much you can do.

Comment

ODU didn't choose to play only nine games. Malone dropped its program in late January which opened up week six. Due to the conference schedule, ODU also had week nine open. Trying to fill non-conference games at that point in the schedule is incredibly difficult, as most other leagues are already in the midst of their own conference play. If other schools who were open those same dates won't call you back, well, there's only so much you can do.
                  Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about Malone dropping football.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Comment

Why did you feel the need to add factual and logical information into this thread? People were on a roll displaying significant amounts of outrage and this act on your part removes their farcical argument.

Comment

Was the the IUP team that had only one OOC game against Mansfield, a team that went 0-10 and got outscored 401 to 54 over the ten game season?

A bigger snub that season was a 9-1 Humboldt State team staying at home for the playoffs.
                        Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 10-30-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Was the the IUP team that had only one OOC game against Mansfield, a team that went 0-10 and got outscored 401 to 54 over the ten game season?

A bigger snub that season was a 9-1 Humboldt State team staying at home for the playoffs.
                          Careful now, facts don't matter to some...

Comment

That Humboldt State snub was a tremendous injustice.

Comment

Shame of it all is Fairmont State is also off this week. That's a short distance between schools, too.

Likely a moot discussion regardless. It would be shocking to see them jump (at 7-2) a team that is 9-2. Wasn't something like this an issue with ODU a couple years ago and they got bumped out?

Comment

I didn't know Mansfield was an OOC game.

May want to check on that point ..
                                since we're talking 'facts' and all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X