Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Ah yes, the good old days. There's nothing from preventing a school from playing out of region. A non-region game didn't hurt Slippery Rock last year and doesn't appear to be doing so this year either. Last year, Valdosta didn't play non-region, Ferris did. They played each other in the national championship. It's been a while since IUP played a non-SR1 team during the regular season.
    Obviously there is something.

Of course West Chester would never travel far...too much for Walk Ons to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Obviously there is something.
      Obviously not. It was just shown that it didn't effect last year's national championship participants one way or the other. As IUPbigINDIANS said, many schools, especially PSAC schools, don't have the budget for it.

Of course West Chester would never travel far...too much for Walk Ons to handle.
      And the final proof that your argument is failed. A very good attempt at being clever as you went from "want to play other teams in other regions" to "would never travel that far". And also turning it from IUP to West Chester. But since you asked. West Chester hosted Lenoir-Rhyne in 2015, traveled to North Dakota in 2005 and Northwest Missouri State in 2004.
      Last edited by Horror Child; 11-02-2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

You mean like how Denny is a .500 coach without his record vs Mansfield and Cheyney?

?????Hey! You can do 2nd grade Math! Good for you!!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

?????Hey! You can do 2nd grade Math! Good for you!!
          How mad were you yesterday? Did everyone shake hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
            Obviously not. It was just shown that it didn't effect last year's national championship participants one way or the other. As IUPbigINDIANS said, many schools, especially PSAC schools, don't have the budget for it.

And the final proof that your argument is failed. A very good attempt at being clever as you went from "want to play other teams in other regions" to "would never travel that far". And also turning it from IUP to West Chester. But since you asked. West Chester hosted Lenoir-Rhyne in 2015, traveled to North Dakota in 2005 and Northwest Missouri State in 2004.

Comment

Comment

How mad were you yesterday? Did everyone shake hands?
                Not mad at all. ESU has a young team that is growing. To go from 2 wins last year to at least 5 this year shows real progress. One more win gives them a winning season, and no one predicted that.

Comment

I'll give you this. You overplay the victim card every chance you get. When is IUP moving up to D I?!

Comment

I hold a grudge forever. HA!!
                    Based on your many, many comments on here IUPNation, I never EVER would have guessed that! LOL!!!

Comment

KUTZ, SRU, ND, IUP, URBANA; all won. WVSU, WCU lost and Tiffin had a bye. Whats everyone thinkin?

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                        KUTZ, SRU, ND, IUP, URBANA; all won. WVSU, WCU lost and Tiffin had a bye. Whats everyone thinkin?
                        There's more chatter on the "dance ticket" thread, but I will post here what I posted on that thread earlier this morning. Here was my assessment to answer your question:

I know we all like to play the "what if" game, but I'll be the guy that says this is pretty simple at this point... Because it is.. No order to any of these rankings:

LOCKS (unless something catastrophic happens):
                        1. SRU
                        2. Kutztown
                        3. Notre Dame
                        4. IUP

IN IF THEY WIN OUT (with potential help by finishing in the top 9):
                        5: Tiffin
                        6: Assumption

The last spot is basically down to Shepherd and Urbana. If they both win out then it's a coin flip between those two. If one of them stumbles, the other gets in.

I don't see WCU getting an at-large - lost their two biggest games of the season, but have a chance to beat Cal. I don't see ODU getting in due to playing only 9 games. WVSU will lose to ND and that will be that.

Honestly... It's really pretty simple with two weeks left in the season.

Comment

The rankings between those teams might change, but the names won't. That's essentially your playoff field right there.
                          -Spots 1 and 3 are between SRU and Kutztown. The winner of the PSAC gets the top seed. The loser will be the third.
                          -Notre Dame, finishing undefeated, will slot into the 2 seed.
                          -IUP finds themselves in the 4 seed.

5-7 is between Tiffin, Assumption, and Shepherd/Urbana. Put any of them in a burlap sack and any deserve seeds 5, 6, or 7.

I just don't see there being any other movement. Urbana might lose one of their last two. If they do, they're out and Shep is in. Otherwise, it'll be a coin flip between those two.

We talk all the time about how "things work themselves out." Everything has worked itself out pretty early.
                          Last edited by IUP24; 11-03-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I'll give you this. You overplay the victim card every chance you get. When is IUP moving up to D I?!
                            IUP has been victimized several times by the peasantry of the Pee Sack. Sad.

Comment

IUP has been victimized several times by the peasantry of the Pee Sack. Sad.
                              More often than not, IUP has victimized themselves by losing...Like a few weeks ago at SRU...Remember?!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                                The rankings between those teams might change, but the names won't. That's essentially your playoff field right there.
                                -Spots 1 and 3 are between SRU and Kutztown. The winner of the PSAC gets the top seed. The loser will be the third.
                                -Notre Dame, finishing undefeated, will slot into the 2 seed.
                                -IUP finds themselves in the 4 seed.

5-7 is between Tiffin, Assumption, and Shepherd/Urbana. Put any of them in a burlap sack and any deserve seeds 5, 6, or 7.

I just don't see there being any other movement. Urbana might lose one of their last two. If they do, they're out and Shep is in. Otherwise, it'll be a coin flip between those two.

We talk all the time about how "things work themselves out." Everything has worked itself out pretty early.
                                I am curious to see if Assumption gets ranked this week. We have no idea if they were 11th, 12th, or 13th last week. 7, 8, 9, and 10 all won and Assumption had a bye, is that enough to jump WCU or WVST?

I do think the top 4 are fairly set, but 5-7 could still get interesting. Tiffin has a test against Findlay, Urbana has a test against Truman State (and a tricky Fairmont State), and Assumption needs to beat New Haven to even have a shot. Overall it's really turning out well for Shepherd, they should win out and feel good about their playoff chances. Would love to see them drawn against NDC for an MEC rematch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X