Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hard to say Kutztown will carry this in to next year. They and SRU lose superstar QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

So you said it yourself, there's no perfect way...Glad we agree on something...
      No perfect way but the Pee Sack can stop inflicting unnecessary damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

But the CIAA sent a team to the national championship game more recently than the PSAC.
        Last edited by IUPNation; 11-11-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          Problem #1 in our region is that the PSAC does not play a round robin of all teams during the season like the GMAC, MEC and NE10. So those teams will have all about the same SOS whereas Pee Sack teams will have various degrees of SOS based on who they got stuck with in crossovers. So how can you punish a PSAC team with a low SOS but plenty of wins based on a schedule they were handed and have no control over?
          You're asking the NCAA to craft its policies around what's best for the PSAC. The NCAA didn't tell the PSAC to expand to 16 teams, nor did it tell the PSAC to play crossover games and schedule them the way it does. I realize you're saying the crossover scheduling should be corrected, and that's a valid argument. But to say the NCAA shouldn't "punish a PSAC team" implies that the NCAA cares one way or the other about what the PSAC does. It's not going to change the way it does thing because one conference does things differently.

http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• IUPNATION for President. We should start a thread with that title.

Comment

I didn't just tell you IUP had a bad SOS, I showed you and everybody in post #144.

The criteria doesn't change every year, but yes, it does change. You've reiterated that your point is some teams have no room for error, yet the criteria is the same for all.
              You could argue that most teams have no room for error. If you start losing games, SOS won't - and shouldn't save you - when some other bubble team has won 1-2 more games than you. That's why I think this mostly goes back to what I was suggesting that it's always better to win your games than lose close and say you played tough teams.

Notre Dame's schedule may not be good. But they aren't going to be omitted from the playoffs with 1 loss.

Comment

• The nine teams that have 2 losses or less are locks for these next rankings. What will be telling is which 3-loss team gets ranked, probably either Findlay or Cal. With the number of important games happening in week 11, the highest-ranked 3-loss team might have a legitimate path to the 7 seed, with enough help. The 3-loss teams ranked lower would face much longer odds.

Comment

• Would not be surprised if Tiffin jumps up based on boost of SOS and having one loss; while West Chester and WV State have 2. If WV State goes to 6 and subsequently loses to NDC would they really drop out? If Tiffin gets to six and lose this week to Findlay (who I think will be 10th this week); how far would they drop?? I just do not think the committee would like putting 5 teams from the PSAC in the playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                    Would not be surprised if Tiffin jumps up based on boost of SOS and having one loss; while West Chester and WV State have 2. If WV State goes to 6 and subsequently loses to NDC would they really drop out? If Tiffin gets to six and lose this week to Findlay (who I think will be 10th this week); how far would they drop?? I just do not think the committee would like putting 5 teams from the PSAC in the playoffs
                    It would be very difficult to keep a 3 loss WV State over a 2 loss West Chester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You're asking the NCAA to craft its policies around what's best for the PSAC. The NCAA didn't tell the PSAC to expand to 16 teams, nor did it tell the PSAC to play crossover games and schedule them the way it does. I realize you're saying the crossover scheduling should be corrected, and that's a valid argument. But to say the NCAA shouldn't "punish a PSAC team" implies that the NCAA cares one way or the other about what the PSAC does. It's not going to change the way it does thing because one conference does things differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

IUPNATION for President. We should start a thread with that title.
                        I should be Grand PooBah of the World.

Comment

In my opinion after yesterday

1. Kutztown
                          2. Slippery Rock
                          3. Notre Dame
                          4. IUP
                          5. Shepherd
                          6. West Chester
                          7. Tiffin
                          8. Ohio Dominican
                          9. WV State
                          10. California

Comment

IUPNATION for President. We should start a thread with that title.
                            MIUPGA. Can imagine Nation facing off with a Native American leader on the front porch of Sutton Hall.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

MIUPGA. Can imagine Nation facing off with a Native American leader on the front porch of Sutton Hall.
                              I believe he would cave to their demands, but he does have the resentment and braggadocio of the President.

Comment

I believe he would cave to their demands, but he does have the resentment and braggadocio of the President.
                                Nation is a big Trump fan. Didn't you know?

Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X