Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd history

In all the years that I've been following Shepherd football (21!) I can't remember them either getting shut out (not scoring) or getting blown out (losing by 21+ points); they always seem to be in every game they play. Has either of these situations ever happened?

Originally posted by Nick - Shep '05 View Post
    In all the years that I've been following Shepherd football (21!) I can't remember them either getting shut out (not scoring) or getting blown out (losing by 21+ points); they always seem to be in every game they play. Has either of these situations ever happened?
    2015 34-7 to Northwest Missouri State
    2013 28-21 to West Chester, although it was up in he air until the final 6 minutes or so

Comment

Since Monte Cater came on in the late '80s, Shepherd has certainly been hard to take out. It was quite a transformation. Those of us old enough to remember small-college football in the '60s and '70s can remember when Shepherd was someone you played when you wanted a guaranteed win. To say the least, that perception has changed.

Comment

You had good timing. Lol. That's about when the run started.

Comment

Comment

Jimmy Terwilliger's First year...A 35-7 win for the Warriors. Shepherd was in the process of renovating their stadium, which included moving their field by about 20 yards, and the press box I broadcast the game from was on the visitors sideline, and was aligned to the new 30 yard line. The field was natural grass. If memory serves, Shepherd was a run-heavy offense, and ESU limited Alex Herbert to 1 TD and about 95 yards rushing. A great atmosphere in a bowl where the field sits well below street level. A beautiful venue along the Potomac River. Look forward to going back this week!!
            Last edited by WarriorVoice; 10-27-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X