Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    When you only have 10 scholarships and your best offensive player has to sit the year out it's kind of hard change your offensive philosophy in training camp. Defensively we all knew it was going to be a challenge replacing so many 3-4 year starters and lets be real our DB's haven't been real good in years, which is why they play a lot of prevent and cover 2. Mac will attack the offseason immediately after the final whistle blows after a blowout loss to IUP and will probably look to the JUCO rankings to fill holes where the young guys who played this year obviously showed they aren't up to the task yet. Good thing is Lackawanna is ranked #3 in the JUCO rankings and will probably have quite a few quality players who drop down to D2 who would be great gets. I agree defensive schemes must be adjusted and recruiting big hogs on the DL must be made a priority, if WCU can land a few every year with limited funds no reason Ship can't do it too. Time to wipe the cleats up and get ready for ESU and Lock Haven to get to 4 wins on the season as there's no way in hell we beat IUP unless they don't make the bus trip East lol.
    We IUP fans are expecting payback for Ship ending the streak.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I'm certain you will get extreme payback for us ending the streak lol, I predict a IUP win by 30+, wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks beat us by 40-50 points.

Comment

Payback? Ha. Ha. If that is a thing, we owe you quite a few paybacks. That said, IUP shouldn't have much trouble with Ship this year. Last year's Ship team was probably better than its record indicated. This year, it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

And it is obvious, which is why it gets tiresome when it's beaten to death.
          I will stop. You are correct. Sorry but sometimes it nice to anonymously post without being outwardly offense and bust up friendships.

Comment

Unfortunately so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by PSAChack View Post

I will stop. You are correct. Sorry but sometimes it nice to anonymously post without being outwardly offense and bust up friendships.
              No big deal. It's the Interweb and really not life and death.

Comment

Saw this quote by Lou Holtz: "Don't ell me how rocky the sea is, just bring the darn SHIP in."

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  Saw this quote by Lou Holtz: "Don't ell me how rocky the sea is, just bring the darn SHIP in."
                  We tried, but our back seven failed to tackle the Ship.

Comment

Back in the mid 00's Ship went through a string of losing seasons hopefully it's not another string of what happened back then. I have faith in Mac to go recruit, coach up the returnees and adjust his staff as needed. Maybe it's time to look for a young fiery defensive coach to bring life and energy to that side of the ball. Offensively with their WR core returning and young emerging TE and an experienced OL returning as well they shouldn't have trouble scoring points. The 2020 crossover is a lot more favorable with Edinboro, Clarion and Mercyhurst as opposed to this year having Clarion, IUP and Rock.

2005: 4-7
                    2006: 5-6
                    2007: 3-8
                    2008: 4-7

Comment

Back in the mid 00's Ship went through a string of losing seasons hopefully it's not another string of what happened back then. I have faith in Mac to go recruit, coach up the returnees and adjust his staff as needed. Maybe it's time to look for a young fiery defensive coach to bring life and energy to that side of the ball. Offensively with their WR core returning and young emerging TE and an experienced OL returning as well they shouldn't have trouble scoring points. The 2020 crossover is a lot more favorable with Edinboro, Clarion and Mercyhurst as opposed to this year having Clarion, IUP and Rock.

2005: 4-7
                      2006: 5-6
                      2007: 3-8
                      2008: 4-7

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship goes through these periods. One of them, unfortunately, was the '60s when I attended as we had only one winning season in the four I was there. That after Ship had eight consecutive winning seasons in a row in the '50s under two different coaches. The program then slowly improved to the point of tying East Stroudsburg in the State Game in 1976 (no OT then) and the 1981 team was probably the best in school history, going 12-0 before losing to North Dakota State in the second round of the playoffs. I was fortunate enough to attend several games that year, including an upset of FCS-level James Madison, the State Game win over Millersville, and the first-round upset of Virginia Union as well as the loss to NDS. Rocky Rees' tenure reflected the up-and-down nature of Ship football with many highs and lows. Those losing seasons you mention occurred, of course, after we lost many players from the John Kuhn-Brent Grimes teams.
                        I have faith Coach Mac and the staff will right the ship sooner than later. One of Reese big problems during that 4 year stretch was the outdated offense, the top recruits especially WR and QB's weren't interested in coming to Ship to block and hand the ball off every play. With the spread offense they can recruit anyone to come in and have a equal part in helping the team win while compiling great stats. The big change will have to be defensively with the scheme and type of recruits on the front end. If you can rush the QB consistently you make bad DB's look average, and good DBs look great.

Comment

I have faith Coach Mac and the staff will right the ship sooner than later. One of Reese big problems during that 4 year stretch was the outdated offense, the top recruits especially WR and QB's weren't interested in coming to Ship to block and hand the ball off every play. With the spread offense they can recruit anyone to come in and have a equal part in helping the team win while compiling great stats. The big change will have to be defensively with the scheme and type of recruits on the front end. If you can rush the QB consistently you make bad DB's look average, and good DBs look great.
                          If that recovery can be pulled off, it would potentially, along with a revival at ESU, make the EAST a really scary prospect for crossover. Especially if you get in a cycle where you have to start the season at two top opponents...for several years in a row.
                          Apparently the honor of standing up for the WEST in '20, '21 goes to a team with red as a school color...well actually not red so much as CRIMSON. '20 @ KUTZ, @SHEP '21 KUTZ, SHEP @HOME.
                          Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-30-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I can understand about the trouble recruiting the passing game with the wing-T. On the other hand, it was a nice system for running backs, his 2004 team produced an NFL player on each side of the ball, and his 2009 team the season before he retired was our last conference champion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X