Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Bloom won the division in 2014 and the entire PSAC in 2013. Ship tied in 2013 and 2017.
    Correct HC. Sorry, I was directing it more at Ship. There are no ties - that's what tiebreakers are for and they lost the H2H both years to the school they were tied with.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The East/West breakdown is actually fairly similar.

Top 3 in West:
      SRU (8-0), IUP (7-1), Cal (6-2)

Top 3 in East:
      Kutztown (8-0), WCU (7-1), Shepherd (6-2)

The West only has (the above) three teams above a .500 winning percentage. The remainder are just a pile of similar records -- Clarion and Mercyhurst (3-5), Gannon and Edinboro (2-6) and Seton Hill (2-5).

The next tier of the East has ESU (5-3), Bloom (3-5), Shippensburg and Millersville (2-6) and Lock Haven (1-7).

The East's No. 4 team has a much better record than the West's No. 4 team. Granted, the East bottom-feeders are worse than the West's bottom-feeders.

So, I wouldn't say the East is down. To have winning teams you must have losing teams.
      Bloom and Ship definitely are down. Millersville and Lock Haven still haven't figured it out. East Stroudsburg has improved, but has faltered as the schedule has gotten tougher and is liable to lose again this week against Shepherd. Whether the West is down or not has nothing to do with whether the East is down. If Ship and Bloom were at all close to their caliber of recent years, it would be a much tougher division than it is this season. Ship has played three games in which it hasn't been remotely competitive this season, which hasn't happened for a while. Slippery Rock and IUP certainly look like the top two PSAC teams at this point. I give Kutztown a shot at winning the State game, assuming they get past West Chester, as they seem to have a well-balanced team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Bloom and Ship definitely are down. Millersville and Lock Haven still haven't figured it out. East Stroudsburg has improved, but has faltered as the schedule has gotten tougher and is liable to lose again this week against Shepherd. Whether the West is down or not has nothing to do with whether the East is down. If Ship and Bloom were at all close to their caliber of recent years, it would be a much tougher division than it is this season. Ship has played three games in which it hasn't been remotely competitive this season, which hasn't happened for a while. Slippery Rock and IUP certainly look like the top two PSAC teams at this point. I give Kutztown a shot at winning the State game, assuming they get past West Chester, as they seem to have a well-balanced team.

I love the phrase 'still haven't figured it out' ...

They've been waiting a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I love the phrase 'still haven't figured it out' ...

They've been waiting a long time.
          Yes they have, and I can remember when Millersville was a very good program during the Gene Carpenter years. Coach Morgan is a good guy, and I hope he can get it going over there, but it's not going to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

*Bloom and Ship haven't been divisional contenders since 2012. Fixed it for you.
            Really?

Are you shooting to be the IUP of the East?

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

*Bloom and Ship haven't been divisional contenders since 2012. Fixed it for you.
              Haven't been divisional contenders since 2012? Bloom tied for best won-lost record in the division in 2013, won the division outright in 2014, and tied for second in 2015. Ship tied for best won-lost record in the division in 2013 and 2017 and finished second by a game in 2015. I didn't say they won the outright championship. I said they contended for it, which most people know is not the same thing. If you said Ship had not been a divisional champion since 2012, that would be fair. And if they have to have a tiebreaker, head-to-head is as good as any, but they still tied for best record in two other years since then playing the same divisional schedule as every other team.
              Last edited by Ship69; 11-04-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Really?

Are you shooting to be the IUP of the East?
                Eww, no thanks. I'll stop.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X