Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a good look for ESU against Ship, probably the most disappointing result of the season. They can still finish with a winning season if they beat Clarion, but there's a lot of work left to do. Jimmy has earned the right to keep building this thing, but we need to start seeing more results than just beating the bottom feeders of the conference.

Comment

On the Ship side, they've got to feel good on both sides of the football. They seem to have found a good role for Sean Judge, who caught three TD passes from Mussina out of the backfield. And they're working a speed back in there now, Jaelen Thompson, to play off between-the-tackles Luke Durkin.

I thought going in this game was sort of a referendum on where Shippensburg sits now in the East. And it's kind of what I thought -- a step behind WCU and Kutztown, still ahead of Bloomsburg and ESU. And it's looking more and more as if they're playing right at Shepherd's level. They just found their comfort zone too late to survive that early Western onslaught.
      Last edited by jrshooter; 11-09-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        On the Ship side, they've got to feel good on both sides of the football. They seem to have found a good role for Sean Judge, who caught three TD passes from Mussina out of the backfield. And they're working a speed back in there now, Jaelen Thompson, to play off between-the-tackles Luke Durkin.

I thought going in this game was sort of a referendum on where Shippensburg sits now in the East. And it's kind of what I thought -- a step behind WCU and Kutztown, still ahead of Bloomsburg and ESU. And it's looking more and more as if they're playing right at Shepherd's level. They just found their comfort zone too late to survive that early Western onslaught.
        Well, they've got Indiana coming in, so we'll see how that goes. At least there has been a suggestion of progress lately other than the Kutztown debacle.

Comment

If IUP is going to win, I actually hope they do it authoritatively so Adam Houser gets a few carries in his hometown. Didn't make the participation list yesterday, and I've got to think his redshirt is already burned.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            If IUP is going to win, I actually hope they do it authoritatively so Adam Houser gets a few carries in his hometown. Didn't make the participation list yesterday, and I've got to think his redshirt is already burned.
            Good point. They will probably get him into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah I'm not sure what happened there. Hopefully someone asks Bradford.
              I think that's having a qb playing vs IUP db's that are pretty good (end result .33 completion % and 3 ints for the day) and being only down 14-3 as big dogs on the road and IUP O not doing much at that point. I think it was the right call at that point in the game. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

I think that's having a qb playing vs IUP db's that are pretty good (end result .33 completion % and 3 ints for the day) and being only down 14-3 as big dogs on the road and IUP O not doing much at that point. I think it was the right call at that point in the game. IMO.
                That sounds like my assumption. Couldn't get set and said screw it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X