Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey IUP Groundhog, did you find that LHU support group yet?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey IUP Groundhog, did you find that LHU support group yet?

LHU, another week, another loss, another 50+ given up by defense and Yes another great coaching display by HC Taynor! Where to start? I don't know, maybe you have an All American Tight End and you target him twice for all of 2 catches! And how do you rush for almost 300 yds as a team and only manage to score 14 pts., well for those wondering that; if you watch the games it's apparent with the play calling... when he does actually remember what his team does well ie. Run Da Bawl! with some short/quick passes mixed in the team moves the ball down the field and then when they get around the opponents 30 it's then time to try and chuck the ball in the endzone, then the incompletions come and the occasional interceptions, All Year Long! Every Week The S.O.S! Why so many forced throws? Been wondering that all year and then on Saturday finally got an answer when I overheard players parents talking and one of them said that Taynor tells his QB's that when they see a covered receiver, he sees an open receiver and that they have to throw to the side of the field where the numbers advantage is even if they see an open receiver on the other side! That about sums it up! That thought process produces a sub 50% completion rating and interceptions thrown into obviously double covered receivers! That also explains why earlier this year I observed Taynor yell at one of his receivers on the sideline that was double covered when his QB threw an interception! The passing game is a drive killer! There are talented kids on this team; but they are handcuffed by HC's play calling! And then the defense is absolutely horrible! From a defensive scheme and fundamentally. Only about three of WC's pass completions had a LHU DB within an arm's reach, there were LHU DB's giving 10 yd cushions off the line of scrimmage, WTF? And oh that Arm Tackling! As I said earlier this year, any improvement in the Team's play would show some coaching and player development; but it's the same every week! But when the HC tells the team every week we're back to 0-0; what would you expect? Those that Fail to Learn from History are Doomed to Repeat It! And that goes for LHU, if they renew his contract...

Wow! I am ecstatic to be named in the title of a thread. Thanks for the recognition, Eaglez.

I don't even think that's happened to IUPNation.

It's also kind of gratifying to know that somebody actually reads the silly comments in the pick'ems. Yes, it's frustrating because if it weren't for my sanguinity in reference to LHU's outcomes I would probably be amongst the pick'ems leaders. Let down again this week, however.

You could be right. A coaching change at the top could be just what LHU needs to regain respectability.

I am, however, not that invested in the program. Like a lot of people I'd love to see them win in football. Personally, though, my main focus today is do follow the Bald Eagle wrestlers up at The Journeyman Classic in New York. Now that's a winning program.

Comment

Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
      LHU, another week, another loss, another 50+ given up by defense and Yes another great coaching display by HC Taynor! Where to start? I don't know, maybe you have an All American Tight End and you target him twice for all of 2 catches! And how do you rush for almost 300 yds as a team and only manage to score 14 pts., well for those wondering that; if you watch the games it's apparent with the play calling... when he does actually remember what his team does well ie. Run Da Bawl! with some short/quick passes mixed in the team moves the ball down the field and then when they get around the opponents 30 it's then time to try and chuck the ball in the endzone, then the incompletions come and the occasional interceptions, All Year Long! Every Week The S.O.S! Why so many forced throws? Been wondering that all year and then on Saturday finally got an answer when I overheard players parents talking and one of them said that Taynor tells his QB's that when they see a covered receiver, he sees an open receiver and that they have to throw to the side of the field where the numbers advantage is even if they see an open receiver on the other side! That about sums it up! That thought process produces a sub 50% completion rating and interceptions thrown into obviously double covered receivers! That also explains why earlier this year I observed Taynor yell at one of his receivers on the sideline that was double covered when his QB threw an interception! The passing game is a drive killer! There are talented kids on this team; but they are handcuffed by HC's play calling! And then the defense is absolutely horrible! From a defensive scheme and fundamentally. Only about three of WC's pass completions had a LHU DB within an arm's reach, there were LHU DB's giving 10 yd cushions off the line of scrimmage, WTF? And oh that Arm Tackling! As I said earlier this year, any improvement in the Team's play would show some coaching and player development; but it's the same every week! But when the HC tells the team every week we're back to 0-0; what would you expect? Those that Fail to Learn from History are Doomed to Repeat It! And that goes for LHU, if they renew his contract...
      The All-American tight end did throw a touchdown though.

Question is - is the right guy playing QB?
      I might not be a quarterback at heart, but I got an arm and I can run a little bit.
      - Kyle Knight

Comment

Comment

I'm just asking ... but they do have an offensive coordinator. Is he calling plays? Or no?
          http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Offensive Coordinator doesn't call the plays during the game? That's right, just one more thing that doesn't make any sense. From two former Assistant Coaches I've spoken to, that's why they left the program, HC doesn't let them coach there positions, he micro-manages everything to the point of calling out Assistants in front of the players!

Comment

Offensive Coordinator doesn't call the plays during the game? That's right, just one more thing that doesn't make any sense. From two former Assistant Coaches I've spoken to, that's why they left the program, HC doesn't let them coach there positions, he micro-manages everything to the point of calling out Assistants in front of the players!
              Its fairly common for head coaches to retain play-calling rights. Probably 50/50 success rate.

Comment

I found the support group.

https://www.golhu.com/sports/2019/8/...mpionship.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  Thanks, Bart. It's great to see a Bloom fan with a sense of humor.

Comment

LHU defense is surrendering an average of 56 ppg in PSAC games this season. Ouch. Amazingly, the lowest score against them in the PSAC this year is Kutztown with 35. Bears must have been in a charitable mood that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                      LHU defense is surrendering an average of 56 ppg in PSAC games this season. Ouch. Amazingly, the lowest score against them in the PSAC this year is Kutztown with 35. Bears must have been in a charitable mood that game.
                      Offense is averaging 24ppg and 390ypg. Respectable but not really going to cut it when you're giving up 500 ypg and 56 ppg.

Comment

They have some great skill players and all should be returning next year. If I were LHU I would make a big push for transfers. Try to make your recruiting class half from HS and half transfers. They need to gain some momentum and then build on it.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          They have some great skill players and all should be returning next year. If I were LHU I would make a big push for transfers. Try to make your recruiting class half from HS and half transfers. They need to gain some momentum and then build on it.
                          LH has cost you the Pick 'Em title ... lol. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

LH has cost you the Pick 'Em title ... lol. Seriously.
                            Even the week I didn't pick them they covered the spread that week.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              They actually did have a good running game, and the QB is a decent all-around athlete. But they'll have to bring in a lot of people or have a lot of guys step up to fix that defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X