Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Lackawanna Jr. College gets an invite to the NC game!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Lackawanna Jr. College gets an invite to the NC game!

Congrats to the Falcons, who are on a 22-game win streak...That's how you don't get snubbed out of a playoff spot...WIN...

https://www.pahomepage.com/sports/la...pionship-game/

Why are they not fielding a basketball team at Lackawanna this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      That minimum 1.0 GPA ain't easy to maintain, Bart.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That minimum 1.0 GPA ain't easy to maintain, Bart.
        But football players tend to have more head injuries and probably lower grades.

Comment

I would surmise they don't have enough players to field a team...

Comment

Great job by the Falcons and well deserved. I think there are quite a few guys from their team who have to be high on the PSAC coaches radar especially coaches in the East who are a quick hour or two ride to Lackawanna to visit and offer the players who don't get the FBS/FCS offers they're looking for. Lackawanna's top CB was at New Hampshire for 2 years including a redshirt, he should be a FCS bounce back or possibly maybe a G5 offer but I'd like to see Coach Mac shore up the lines and DB's with a couple JUCO guys.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
              Great job by the Falcons and well deserved. I think there are quite a few guys from their team who have to be high on the PSAC coaches radar especially coaches in the East who are a quick hour or two ride to Lackawanna to visit and offer the players who don't get the FBS/FCS offers they're looking for. Lackawanna's top CB was at New Hampshire for 2 years including a redshirt, he should be a FCS bounce back or possibly maybe a G5 offer but I'd like to see Coach Mac shore up the lines and DB's with a couple JUCO guys.
              Head Coach Mark Duda spent some time coaching at ESU.

Comment

Half the team was in a brawl couple weeks ago. Nobody sang, so they threw them out of school and bagged the season

Comment

Originally posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post

Half the team was in a brawl couple weeks ago. Nobody sang, so they threw them out of school and bagged the season
                  Thanks. I guess they don't have a junior college choir.

Comment

Valley Forge Military College is closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Wow that's shocking I hadn't seen any reports about this yet. I imagine its hard to get kids to enroll in a military junior college. If they wanted to join the service they could just go straight from high school into a branch unless they have the grades necessary to attend one of the service academies while playing sports. Also there are 2 service academies at the FCS level in VMI and The Citadel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        From the article below it looks like it will still exist to prepare students for military service; however, the prep school is being shut down. Along with that goes the PIAA athletics program. I'm a little surprised by this because I thought they were very successful in extorting rich parents out of their money. They cite the declining school age population and demographics.

Ii's not clear to me whether the military program will continue to operate as a junior college or whether there will still be JC sports or not.

http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/lif...c72c0041c.html
                        Last edited by iupgroundhog; 11-13-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X