Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're describing 90% of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We all know Marty has underachieved. That said -- and the real important question -- does the administration really care so long as the program is clean and they putter around .500?

Where does Laker Football fall in the pecking order at Mercyhurst? Men's basketball, hockey, baseball and men's wrestling seem to get a lot of attention and focus up there.

Hate to say it -- although I think it to be very true -- some schools in the West kind of punt football and put resources in to other sports. Trying to overtake Cal, SRU and IUP in football is a pretty tall task.

There's a lot of schools in the PSAC treating football as an enrollment boost. They like having 5 home games a year. The band plays. Some people show up on campus. The team wins here and there. They have a Homecoming game. All is good.
      I would agree with you, but Mercyhurst brings in some very good talent that gets abused, transferred, or simple stop playing the game. It's not a talent thing, it just plan PISS POOR COACHING and mentoring and putting the right players on the field. Sort of reminds you of the Browns, coach can't get out of his own way. But like you said, some schools like that, but this new AD is a winner so I expect something to come down before week ends. If not, I'm going full blooded IUP fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post

I would agree with you, but Mercyhurst brings in some very good talent that gets abused, transferred, or simple stop playing the game. It's not a talent thing, it just plan PISS POOR COACHING and mentoring and putting the right players on the field. Sort of reminds you of the Browns, coach can't get out of his own way. But like you said, some schools like that, but this new AD is a winner so I expect something to come down before week ends. If not, I'm going full blooded IUP fan.
        come on Tony we got enough of the IUP flavor in these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

come on Tony we got enough of the IUP flavor in these parts.
          Yeah I know, I love their spunk.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X