Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    For what it's worth, here are combined standings in the PSAC from 2010 to 2019:
    Wins Losses Pct. Playoff Berths
    Shepherd 10 3 .769 1
    IUP 90 28 .763 5
    California 85 30 .739 4
    Slippery Rock 89 32 .736 5
    Bloomsburg 82 35 .701 4
    West Chester 83 36 .697 5
    Kutztown 80 35 .696 4
    Shippensburg 71 42 .628 2
    Mercyhurst 61 51 .545 1
    LIU Post 17 15 .531 0
    Gannon 48 62 .436 0
    East Stroudsburg 45 64 .413 0
    Clarion 36 74 .327 0
    Seton Hill 15 61 .197 0
    Millersville 21 89 .191 0
    Lock Haven 18 91 .165 0
    Cheyney 5 83 .057 0

Shepherd's actual record in the decade Is 101-19 (.842) with six playoff berths, although the first nine years of the decade the Rams were obviously in the WVIAC/MEC.
    Edinboro?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Edinboro?
      Oops. They're added to the chart now.
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

ODU Year-by-year records
        2010 2-8
        2011 7-4
        2012 8-3
        2013 10-1
        2014 11-2
        2015 8-3
        2016 7-4
        2017 7-3
        2018 9-2
        2019 7-3

Massey rankings? Meh.
        Being in the GLIAC for most of the decade didn't help their records.

Comment

For what it's worth, here are combined standings in the PSAC from 2010 to 2019:
          Wins Losses Pct. Playoff Berths
          Shepherd 10 3 .769 1
          IUP 90 28 .763 5
          California 85 30 .739 4
          Slippery Rock 89 32 .736 5
          Bloomsburg 82 35 .701 4
          West Chester 83 36 .697 5
          Kutztown 80 35 .696 4
          Shippensburg 71 42 .628 2
          Mercyhurst 61 51 .545 1
          LIU Post 17 15 .531 0
          Edinboro 51 58 .528 0
          Gannon 48 62 .436 0
          East Stroudsburg 45 64 .413 0
          Clarion 36 74 .327 0
          Seton Hill 15 61 .197 0
          Millersville 21 89 .191 0
          Lock Haven 18 91 .165 0
          Cheyney 5 83 .057 0

Shepherd's actual record in the decade Is 101-19 (.842) with six playoff berths, although the first nine years of the decade the Rams were obviously in the WVIAC/MEC.
          How does Edinboro have a winning percentage with a losing record?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Yep - .468

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Sloppy typing, that's how.
              http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• I've got to say, I didn't realize Bloomsburg had put up that kind of decade. They belong where you all are saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  I've got to say, I didn't realize Bloomsburg had put up that kind of decade. They belong where you all are saying.
                  And they fired the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                    I've got to say, I didn't realize Bloomsburg had put up that kind of decade. They belong where you all are saying.
                    That jumped out at me, too. But ... as I've said ... Bloom may have a more delusional fanbase than even THE Indiana University of Pennsylvania. And ... we are quite the collection of nutjobs.

At the same time ... you have to win. If a coach here would have two or three bad years ... get the noose ready in the Oak Grove.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That jumped out at me, too. But ... as I've said ... Bloom may have a more delusional fanbase than even THE Indiana University of Pennsylvania. And ... we are quite the collection of nutjobs.

At the same time ... you have to win. If a coach here would have two or three bad years ... get the noose ready in the Oak Grove.
                      If you look at the preceding decade under Hale, they were 92-24 with 5 playoff appearances. It gives some perspective to the Bloom fan base expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

If you look at the preceding decade under Hale, they were 92-24 with 5 playoff appearances. It gives some perspective to the Bloom fan base expectations.
                        Lol great point. Recall half the IUP message board wanted Tort canned after a 31-6 start and a Region title.

It took me many years but I eventually realized a team such as IUP can ge 'good' every year but can only be 'great' every 2-4 years. Those great teams take a build-up. We aren't maxed out.

Take SRU this year. That group all played as freshmen 4 years ago. They got their brains beat in at Miller Stadium that year. The next year wasn't much different. But, it laid the foundation. Insert the prized QB transfer on offense and the Ohio State criminal on defense ... and the rest is history.

We far too often (myself included) fail to see the body of work over a time period. IUP was 8-3 two years ago and it might as well have been 0-11. The season was seen as a total failure. This year was 10-2 and people wanted Tort on a one-way bus to Loyalhanna Reservoir.

Last year IUP men's basketball was 30-3 and won the PSAC. They went out in Round 2 of the NCAAs. I'm not joking when I say you couldn't find a person in town who didn't call the season a major dissapointment.

Not saying Bloomsburg's previous coach got a raw deal ... but aerial-view that was a pretty good decade.

Comment

• Did she turn you down for a date or something?!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Did she turn you down for a date or something?!
                            It would be rather safe bet that Ms Taylor turns down any man who asks her out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Did she turn you down for a date or something?!
                              To be fair, Ms Taylor has been out of there for a while now. I think as this point, she is an easy crutch for LHU. The current AD has been there for a couple of years and hasn't gotten it done.(Former ESU guy) Now , another coach. Players have left in masses previously unseen in the PSAC. This will be a huge test of the President and AD. The starting QB has left as well as the All-American TE. The President and AD have watched it all happen. Same type problems at Millersville. Kids leaving there as well. Administrators have let losing cultures continue in the programs. Millersville has to start to show some progress this year. We will see. ESU is on the upswing.

Comment

• As far as QB and "All American TE" leaving... last bit of former HC legacy! He held a meeting with players after gettting fired telling them all to transfer and bad mouthing the Univ.; but forgot to tell them that he used the players as his biggest excuse for his program's failure always saying he didn't have the kids to compete! QB was a running QB and new HC reportedly wants to run more of a traditional pro stye offense, so that transfer makes sense. TE "All American", that's All American 2 yrs removed that wasn't even an all conf. selection this past season. Recognition primarily due to reception numbers and use as more of a slot reciever. 6' 210lbs not a TE even in D2 and he was a poor blocker. Everyone forgetting to mention that All Conf / All Super Region 1 RB appears to be coming back and the entire OL with one of the most dominating OG in the PSAC that led the league in rushing is coming back. New HC was on a staff that took a D3 school to D2 and in first year went 8-3! New HC's defense(primarily formerly D3 players) gave up 35 to Univ. of Notre Dame compared to SRU D giving up 59. If he can improve LHU's D, They shpuld be instantly more competitive in the PSAC! One thing about being on the bottom, no were to go; but up!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X