Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
    As far as QB and "All American TE" leaving... last bit of former HC legacy! He held a meeting with players after gettting fired telling them all to transfer and bad mouthing the Univ.; but forgot to tell them that he used the players as his biggest excuse for his program's failure always saying he didn't have the kids to compete! QB was a running QB and new HC reportedly wants to run more of a traditional pro stye offense, so that transfer makes sense. TE "All American", that's All American 2 yrs removed that wasn't even an all conf. selection this past season. Recognition primarily due to reception numbers and use as more of a slot reciever. 6' 210lbs not a TE even in D2 and he was a poor blocker. Everyone forgetting to mention that All Conf / All Super Region 1 RB appears to be coming back and the entire OL with one of the most dominating OG in the PSAC that led the league in rushing is coming back. New HC was on a staff that took a D3 school to D2 and in first year went 8-3! New HC's defense(primarily formerly D3 players) gave up 35 to Univ. of Notre Dame compared to SRU D giving up 59. If he can improve LHU's D, They shpuld be instantly more competitive in the PSAC! One thing about being on the bottom, no were to go; but up!
    Well, the bar is set. Taynor won at least two games several times, and had 4 PSAC wins in 2016, the most PSAC wins since 1981. A goose egg next fall would not be good. Not sure if RB is coming back. Did they get those rushing yards when the games were close or out of reach? Sometimes that happens. I will look forward to the instant competitive increase. Go Bald Eagles!

Comment

• I am a proud Gray Eagle, with strong ties to the program. I have also funded several football scholarships. I wish John Kelling the best of luck. His X and O background is strong, but so has his predecessors been. Remember his predecessor was a sitting D2 HC with 2 Conference championships in 7 years. It takes an army (village, entire university) etc... Coach Kelling will need support from all directions. The endless tirades on a message board do nothing to help.
      Coach Taynor's final meeting with the team was attended by two Vice Presidents, Provost, AD, 2 Assistant AD's, and a couple of Gray Eagle members. It was professionally handled, the student athletes were encouraged to finish the semester well and to be agents of positive change.
      I am excited to see possible progress and change at LHU occur, but as previously stated it will take more than a coach. For what it's worth Coach Taynor facilitated the start of our booster group. He led a team that won more games in 5 years than the previous decade combined and in 2016 was 4-3 in conference play the only above .500 team in LHU's division 2 history. In 2016/2017 athletic aid for football was 109000 and in 2017/2018 it was 60000. 2016 was a time for the University to invest and now is another. Let blaming and complaining on a message board about the coach or previous coach cease and start investing as a university to build the revenue to support the student-athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gray Eagle 52 View Post
        I am a proud Gray Eagle, with strong ties to the program. I have also funded several football scholarships. I wish John Kelling the best of luck. His X and O background is strong, but so has his predecessors been. Remember his predecessor was a sitting D2 HC with 2 Conference championships in 7 years. It takes an army (village, entire university) etc... Coach Kelling will need support from all directions. The endless tirades on a message board do nothing to help.
        Coach Taynor's final meeting with the team was attended by two Vice Presidents, Provost, AD, 2 Assistant AD's, and a couple of Gray Eagle members. It was professionally handled, the student athletes were encouraged to finish the semester well and to be agents of positive change.
        I am excited to see possible progress and change at LHU occur, but as previously stated it will take more than a coach. For what it's worth Coach Taynor facilitated the start of our booster group. He led a team that won more games in 5 years than the previous decade combined and in 2016 was 4-3 in conference play the only above .500 team in LHU's division 2 history. In 2016/2017 athletic aid for football was 109000 and in 2017/2018 it was 60000. 2016 was a time for the University to invest and now is another. Let blaming and complaining on a message board about the coach or previous coach cease and start investing as a university to build the revenue to support the student-athletes.
        Absolutely!

Comment

• While it is true what you said about the meeting involving the President and AD; I was referencing the private meeting he had with players after the official meeting. He did say all the right things in the meeting with the Pres. and AD; but not when meeting with the players afterwards. Just a symptom of what was wrong with the previous HC's culture, he was very adept at talking a good game; just not as good at actually coaching a good one!

Onto the future, and best of luck to the New Head Coach and the LHU Players (the current ones that stayed committed to the program, especially!)

Comment

• Originally posted by LHUEaglez View Post
            As far as QB and "All American TE" leaving... last bit of former HC legacy! He held a meeting with players after gettting fired telling them all to transfer and bad mouthing the Univ.; but forgot to tell them that he used the players as his biggest excuse for his program's failure always saying he didn't have the kids to compete! QB was a running QB and new HC reportedly wants to run more of a traditional pro stye offense, so that transfer makes sense. TE "All American", that's All American 2 yrs removed that wasn't even an all conf. selection this past season. Recognition primarily due to reception numbers and use as more of a slot reciever. 6' 210lbs not a TE even in D2 and he was a poor blocker. Everyone forgetting to mention that All Conf / All Super Region 1 RB appears to be coming back and the entire OL with one of the most dominating OG in the PSAC that led the league in rushing is coming back. New HC was on a staff that took a D3 school to D2 and in first year went 8-3! New HC's defense(primarily formerly D3 players) gave up 35 to Univ. of Notre Dame compared to SRU D giving up 59. If he can improve LHU's D, They shpuld be instantly more competitive in the PSAC! One thing about being on the bottom, no were to go; but up!
            Lock Haven led the PSAC in rushing, but that was due to their now departed running QB.

Their TE is two years removed from being an All-American (no quotes needed), but he was still Lock Haven's leading receiver this past year - catches, yards, touchdowns.

Comment

• It may be wise to investigate where the culture has gone wrong. Over the last few years, I have seen an Alumni Booster group formed - "Gray Eagles", 1500+ hours of community service a year by the coaches and program, a football camp system that is bringing 600 + campers on campus yearly, more alumni & community engagement than ever previously done with LHU football and no major criminal black eyes or salacious scandals... that is cultural growth. I expect Coach Kelling to continue that.

On the other hand, I spent a few games having in-depth discussions with the significant others and families of coaches, who began to refuse to sit in the stands because they felt endangered because of a particular angry parent, who was both vocal, intimidating and demeaning. One game this year our group "Gray Eagles" was approached unprofessionally by a member of the council of trustees, who was politicking for the removal of the coach. His grandson was a backup running back am obvious conflict and he should of recused himself from such conversations. Pretty poor culture indeed. Both actions are abhorrent, but unfortunately par for the course in our society win you lose games. That is a poor culture.... but those actions are out of the control of the coach.

The problem with LHU football is simple "not winning enough" and that takes money. Coach Taynor didn't win enough and that is a part of the business. Therefore University leadership is responsible for enhancing winning. That includes the coach, but also includes the entire administration, most importantly the President. Win games and the culture is better because the unprofessional trustee and bitter parent volume is muted. They will still act the same way just won't be heard as much. Background noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

To be fair, Ms Taylor has been out of there for a while now. I think as this point, she is an easy crutch for LHU. The current AD has been there for a couple of years and hasn't gotten it done.(Former ESU guy) Now , another coach. Players have left in masses previously unseen in the PSAC. This will be a huge test of the President and AD. The starting QB has left as well as the All-American TE. The President and AD have watched it all happen. Same type problems at Millersville. Kids leaving there as well. Administrators have let losing cultures continue in the programs. Millersville has to start to show some progress this year. We will see. ESU is on the upswing.
                Unless you paid even scant attention to Cheyney or even the teams struggling to stay above .500.

Comment

I am a proud Gray Eagle, with strong ties to the program. I have also funded several football scholarships. I wish John Kelling the best of luck. His X and O background is strong, but so has his predecessors been. Remember his predecessor was a sitting D2 HC with 2 Conference championships in 7 years. It takes an army (village, entire university) etc... Coach Kelling will need support from all directions. The endless tirades on a message board do nothing to help.
                  It sounds like you saw what I noticed: Taynor had to spend too much time rebuilding the institution of Lock Haven football. That could have diverted his attention from things that reflect on the field.

Comment

• I hate to see Jalen Jackson go. If he does? He may be an undersized TE, but he has been productive.

2017 . 26 rec 332 yds
                    2018 . 44 rec 537 yds 7 TD - All American year
                    2019 . 38 rec 568 yds 5 TD - missed some time w/hamstring

and I believe he is around a 3.5 GPA and a local kid. Hopefully he changes his mind and stays. Despite some assessments is a solid blocker in the slot and as an H back.

Comment

I hate to see Jalen Jackson go. If he does? He may be an undersized TE, but he has been productive.

2017 . 26 rec 332 yds
                      2018 . 44 rec 537 yds 7 TD - All American year
                      2019 . 38 rec 568 yds 5 TD - missed some time w/hamstring

and I believe he is around a 3.5 GPA and a local kid. Hopefully he changes his mind and stays. Despite some assessments is a solid blocker in the slot and as an H back.
                      Go to shepherd lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Go to shepherd lol
                        He's as good as gone. Everybody will go after him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Bloom needs receivers. His hometown is close by.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He signed with West Chester a couple days ago. Nice addition for them. Was hoping he would follow Knight over to CU

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Unless you paid even scant attention to Cheyney or even the teams struggling to stay above .500.
                              Cheyney doesn't have football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Lock Haven led the PSAC in rushing, but that was due to their now departed running QB.

Their TE is two years removed from being an All-American (no quotes needed), but he was still Lock Haven's leading receiver this past year - catches, yards, touchdowns.
                                Great points, especially about the QB running game impact.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X