Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was the Lustig way saying **** every other word. I heard more ****s in the stands in one game and talk of pussies getting ****ed like it was the guy sitting next to me saying it in 2016. I think that was well known (all the f bombs) that year . Also, 16' being the fight with Gannon that a boro db started. (#13) although, a coach starting it is worse....but thankfully Gannon takes the blame for both. LOL.

Speaking of Lustig I'm not sure who he brought in other than Gurman and Gregory that Cal/Sru/IUP would want. (Not counting Sims since he was coming to boro regardless who was coaching)

But I remember being surprised at the HC list in 2016. Not in a good way. Although, Creehan was winning at Alderson Broaddus at the time I think. I think hiring the young guy is overrated and you can end up with too many kids in the coaching office and not enough men.

Gonna be tough for the next guy though. Start with GVSU at home, At SHip, WC, at Cal to start 2020. An offense that loses the only playmaker that with him scored a psac low 18 tds. Defense loses most of the secondary and its best players, B.Anderson, Sims, and Rodgers. Then will all those transfers make it back on the DL? Its doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
      I thought that was the Lustig way saying **** every other word. I heard more ****s in the stands in one game and talk of pussies getting ****ed like it was the guy sitting next to me saying it in 2016. I think that was well known (all the f bombs) that year . Also, 16' being the fight with Gannon that a boro db started. (#13) although, a coach starting it is worse....but thankfully Gannon takes the blame for both. LOL.

Speaking of Lustig I'm not sure who he brought in other than Gurman and Gregory that Cal/Sru/IUP would want. (Not counting Sims since he was coming to boro regardless who was coaching)

But I remember being surprised at the HC list in 2016. Not in a good way. Although, Creehan was winning at Alderson Broaddus at the time I think. I think hiring the young guy is overrated and you can end up with too many kids in the coaching office and not enough men.

Gonna be tough for the next guy though. Start with GVSU at home, At SHip, WC, at Cal to start 2020. An offense that loses the only playmaker that with him scored a psac low 18 tds. Defense loses most of the secondary and its best players, B.Anderson, Sims, and Rodgers. Then will all those transfers make it back on the DL? Its doubtful.
      Sounds like they should just fold the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Sounds like they should just fold the program.
        Not sure why saying Lustig wasn't the 2nd coming like everyone likes to think hurt your feelings so much. He left before he had to maintain anything which is the tough part. Or if it was the part about how tough a job Boro is going forward.esp if Gannon and Hurst have their **** together at all. If Seton Hill improves even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Not sure why saying Lustig wasn't the 2nd coming like everyone likes to think hurt your feelings so much. He left before he had to maintain anything which is the tough part. Or if it was the part about how tough a job Boro is going forward.esp if Gannon and Hurst have their **** together at all. If Seton Hill improves even more so.
          Your Edinboro takes are often very gloomy. That's why I said it. My feelings aren't hurt.

I agree with you that hiring Lustig was both the best and worst thing to happen to Edinboro football. Yes, he instantly resuscitated a program that had declined, but he may have also enabled the thinking that one man can instantly reverse their fortunes.

I just hope that the applicant pool is better than it was in 2016.

Comment

There was nothing wrong with the Lustig hire-he kept the promise he made, "I promise however long I am here, I will leave this program in better shape then how I found it". He clearly did that and much more! He had written the script and put in motion everything good that this program needed, the next coach only needed to continue following and tweaking a few things that he could contribute--Not all that hard. The hard work of changing athletes attitudes had already happened. Players knew what to expect and thrived on it....-it wasn't that hard to follow and we could have been 7-4 for years to come but the new coach changed the script. He did not keep discipline, accountability, hard work, and focus the theme.

The new AD will Not have a hard time recruiting better candidates than the last search produced. She probably already has!! A little effort will go a long way and she is a worker and winner!

Comment

Your Edinboro takes are often very gloomy. That's why I said it. My feelings aren't hurt.

I agree with you that hiring Lustig was both the best and worst thing to happen to Edinboro football. Yes, he instantly resuscitated a program that had declined, but he may have also enabled the thinking that one man can instantly reverse their fortunes.

I just hope that the applicant pool is better than it was in 2016.
              Remember when for Pitt head coach Walt Harris wanted the IUP job?

You never know who will turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post
                There was nothing wrong with the Lustig hire-he kept the promise he made, "I promise however long I am here, I will leave this program in better shape then how I found it". He clearly did that and much more! He had written the script and put in motion everything good that this program needed, the next coach only needed to continue following and tweaking a few things that he could contribute--Not all that hard. The hard work of changing athletes attitudes had already happened. Players knew what to expect and thrived on it....-it wasn't that hard to follow and we could have been 7-4 for years to come but the new coach changed the script. He did not keep discipline, accountability, hard work, and focus the theme.

The new AD will Not have a hard time recruiting better candidates than the last search produced. She probably already has!! A little effort will go a long way and she is a worker and winner!
                Yes, Virginia, there is something wrong with a One and Done coach. You lose continuity. You don't build a program. It doesn't matter who you hire - you can't maintain culture with turnover. Everyone wants to put their stamp on things.

I agree with a sentiment shared on a different thread: all this coaching turnover isn't good for the conference. Our schools don't have the resources to constantly be searching and starting over again. In the absence of misconduct or poor ability to fix what is within his control, I don't see why a coach should be fired. Build a program. Develop a long-term relationship with the community. Anything else is relying on "here today, gone tomorrow." We all can't be 9-2 or 10-1 every year. Find the coach you want to be your guy in good years and in bad ones too.

Comment

Yes, Virginia, there is something wrong with a One and Done coach. You lose continuity. You don't build a program. It doesn't matter who you hire - you can't maintain culture with turnover. Everyone wants to put their stamp on things.

I agree with a sentiment shared on a different thread: all this coaching turnover isn't good for the conference. Our schools don't have the resources to constantly be searching and starting over again. In the absence of misconduct or poor ability to fix what is within his control, I don't see why a coach should be fired. Build a program. Develop a long-term relationship with the community. Anything else is relying on "here today, gone tomorrow." We all can't be 9-2 or 10-1 every year. Find the coach you want to be your guy in good years and in bad ones too.
                  Actually pretty simple if not easy. First run a clean program with good conduct and graduation rates. Second recruit as many strong local players as reasonable to gain followers in the region. Third whether you're 3-8 or 8-3 be the team that no one wants to play, never a walkover. Any coach whose average wins are in the 5-8 range with those criteria should definitely be held on to. Elite programs will demand more but only about 10-15% of all football programs are elite.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post

Any new coach changes the attitudes. If there is talent there new coaches win fast all the time. The hard part is maintaining it. Recruiting your own players in and winning with them. What are Lustig's guys now 3 and 4 years in at the boro? So if he left it better those guys should be the guys taking over the program. The talent isn't there. He left in better shape and left before it caved back in on him.

If it was easy to do Syracuse would be having a great year. They were 10-3 last year but theyre 4-6 this year with crap wins vs. W.Michigan, Holy Cross, and Liberty...just beat their 1st P5 school....Duke. You should shoot him an email and tell him to just do what they did last year....Not that hard.

Comment

There will be some decent candidates. All depends on what places have the potential to win. Lock Haven and Edinboro will likely go the top of the line D3 route or top D2 coordinators because of level experience/scholarship amount, small chances to win. Bloomsburg and Mercyhurst have potential and should draw a good crowd. There's potential to win at those places.

I'll be surprised if Mercyhurst doesnt open

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Gannon is already filled. I'd venture to say Bloom is likely a more appealing job opening than Edinboro. Lock Haven is just a dumpster fire.

Now if Tony33's dream comes true and Merchyurst opens ... That's probably the one opening where a good hire could win the fastest.
                        Firing Mercyhurst HC is really a no Brainer. 18 yrs 88 - 100 record, should have been the first coach walking.

Comment

Would DK McDonald consider the job?

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                            There will be some decent candidates. All depends on what places have the potential to win. Lock Haven and Edinboro will likely go the top of the line D3 route or top D2 coordinators because of level experience/scholarship amount, small chances to win. Bloomsburg and Mercyhurst have potential and should draw a good crowd. There's potential to win at those places.

I'll be surprised if Mercyhurst doesnt open
                            I see Edinboro above Mercyhurst - only because the tradition, facilities, and state compensation would be better. If "funding" were all that great then Seton Hill would be seen as a desirable job.

There's nothing wrong with "top of the line D3 route or top D2 coordinators." The current PSAC coaches of the year were each from those categories.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroFB View Post
                              Would DK McDonald consider the job?
                              Most likely not. He's making $310,000 at Iowa State. Bradford was paid $94,298. Nothing against DK - he's an amazing human being - but he's never been higher than a position coach. Maybe that's what he wants and he certainly is making enough money to satisfy himself but I'd question whether he has the experience needed to run a DII program with below-average resources. Justin Lustig could out-recruit anyone but he didn't have the resourcefulness to make up for the lack of, well, resources.
                              Last edited by Fightingscot82; 11-22-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

DK McDonald-now that cracks me up! He is not going to leave working for one of the best up and coming coaches in the business Matt Campbell.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X