Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Its mostly not the union rules, which only really deal with who gets a say on the hiring. It more the state civil service type rules required by PASSHE that slows it all down. And if you know how to work the system, you can get it done pretty quick.
    Never heard of "state civil service rules" involving PASSHE hire. Can you elaborate?

Comment

So pretty much Boro was better off letting Bradford have coached 2020 then simply not renewing his contract so that they could get a jump start on hiring his replacement quickly to salvage the recruiting class. They pretty much will be pressed to find quality recruits left on the market and may have to lean heavily on JUCO and transfers for 2020 recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
        So pretty much Boro was better off letting Bradford have coached 2020 then simply not renewing his contract so that they could get a jump start on hiring his replacement quickly to salvage the recruiting class. They pretty much will be pressed to find quality recruits left on the market and may have to lean heavily on JUCO and transfers for 2020 recruits.
        His contract was up - they just didn't renew him but told him to not finish out. I don't think folks above the AD understand how personnel decisions affect students and the program.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

That's actually what most of the top programs in the country do every off-season.

Comment

It's going to be a tough job anyway. Losing a lot of the better talent on the team with no one to replace them on the roster. So probably had to have transfers anyway unless they decide to build back with freshman knowing it's most likely a few years of a process coming.

I'd expect the DC to end up the HC. Only thing probably hindering that is the old AD giving it the the DC just a few years ago. Makes it harder to just do again for the PR factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Never heard of "state civil service rules" involving PASSHE hire. Can you elaborate?
              Its not exactly civil service, but based on those guidelines, There are very specific state rules for things like how the Job ad is written, what AA/EO forms need to be completed, how you document contact with perspective candidates, etc. HR departments have a whole set of guidelines, based on general state hiring guidelines, and compliance has to be documented. These are the things that tend to hold things up - especially if someone is salty over the hire, these rules let them tie it up in red tape.

One of the big problems in PASSHE is that all of the business functions are handled just like things are handled for the state bureaucracy - and are very tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                It's going to be a tough job anyway. Losing a lot of the better talent on the team with no one to replace them on the roster. So probably had to have transfers anyway unless they decide to build back with freshman knowing it's most likely a few years of a process coming.

I'd expect the DC to end up the HC. Only thing probably hindering that is the old AD giving it the the DC just a few years ago. Makes it harder to just do again for the PR factor.
                Just wondering why you would "expect the DC to become the head coach?? I heard the competition is pretty steep and they have a number of really exciting candidates!

Comment

Between LH, Boro and Bloom ... one of them should toss the kitchen sink at Kellar.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post

Just wondering why you would "expect the DC to become the head coach?? I heard the competition is pretty steep and they have a number of really exciting candidates!
                    I'm not expecting a great group. But you never know I guess. Different time and different people on the market than a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Between LH, Boro and Bloom ... one of them should toss the kitchen sink at Kellar.
                      If any of those three, Edinboro would probably have the best shot since he's familiar and his son attended for a year or so, but...

He's a WV guy in spite of the LR tenure. And from what i've been told about him he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to ditch a school after one season. Word is he's just waiting for WLU to fire their coach.

That said I'd be happy to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

I'm not expecting a great group. But you never know I guess. Different time and different people on the market than a few years ago.
                        To stay positive, what would be an acceptable hire for you? Not necessarily who.

Comment

Two question marks AND an exclamation point? You must be fired up. :)

Comment

The contracts should be dated January 1st to ensure the new coach can have a legit spring practice as well as salvage recruiting classes. January 1st is still putting a new HC behind the 8 ball as he still has to assemble a staff, figure out a spring schedule, identify positions of need on the team, review film from previous year of returning players and still actively recruit against conference opponents. The Coaches Union is supposed to be looking out for the coaches best interest but I can't see how that's possible when you have a coach starting March 1st pretty much cancelling spring practice and he not having a recruiting class his first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

To stay positive, what would be an acceptable hire for you? Not necessarily who.
                              To generalize.. I'd say an offensive coach that has some kind of track record to recruit at this level in some way (small D1 to high level D3). A history of success/winning somewhere as a HC or coordinator. But best available.

I thought Creehan the last time would be leaving the program in the next few years in better shape than it is currently. Maybe I would've been wrong...who knows.

Comment

I'll add to my first response.. the list that leaked of the bloom top 3 candidates.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X