Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I an interested in knowing what you would do to revive the LHU program. You are very critical of how the hiring process was handled. You don't seem to like the coaching decision, although I'm pretty sure to outsiders it looks like a good hire for LHU.

What would you do differently?
    Just think they should hire D2 or D3 Pennsylvania coaches. IUP has had a great history of Pennsylvania people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Just think they should hire D2 or D3 Pennsylvania coaches. IUP has had a great history of Pennsylvania people.
      Frank Cignetti came from WV.

Lou Tepper happened to be in the division.

Curt Cignetti came from AL.

Tort was internal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Tort was internal.
        George Chaump, PA guy John Harris HS Coach in Harrisburg, Frank Cig was AD and made himself coach, PA guy, Tepper in the division, Curt Cig, had dad's connections built in, Tort was internal. Again, I think that PA background and connections for recruiting and name recognition goes a long way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Tort was internal.

You're close, Scott, but ...

Frank Cignetti grew up in western Pa., played at IUP, was a high school coach in western Pa. and coached at Pitt. When he came back to IUP in 1982, he was the AD for four years before he became the coach in 1986.

Lou Tepper grew up 20 miles south of IUP. At many of his coaching jobs, he recruited western Pa.

Curt Cignetti spent a lot of time in Indiana during college (met his wife here) and coached at Pitt for eight seasons in the 80s and 90s. Also spent four years at Temple.

Tort was born and raised in Pittsburgh. The farthest away from there he's lived is College Park, Md.
          http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

You could be right. You can't underestimate connections for recruiting. There are a lot of factors to consider when hiring a coach. You never know, the new guy just might break through. A lot depends on the individual, too.

In the end, I don't think there were a lot of qualified applicants for the LH job. In fact, it appears there was an "underwhelming" response for all 3 PSAC jobs, including Bloom and Edinboro.

Comment

• Announcement may be coming soon. Team meeting is scheduled for tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by casey1017 View Post
                Announcement may be coming soon. Team meeting is scheduled for tonight.
                I imagine that a name has been sent to HR by now and probably an offer made. If an acceptance is in and they're ready to introduce that guy GREAT. Let's get going.

Comment

• Keep breathing--no announcement coming tonight--promise-

Comment

• Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post
                    Keep breathing--no announcement coming tonight--promise-
                    BoroLetterman.....do you know who they chose? If so....spill the beans!!! LOL

Comment

• At the basketball game last night it was confirmed that a name was sent to HR to finish the process. That's all I know.

Comment

• I can't say but we are all excited!! Boro gonna be in good shape again soon!

Comment

• TLT2: Tougher and Classier

Comment

• out of all the coaches named; the only one I believe would be a homerun would be Acosta. Acosta has legit D1 experience, good rep around the college football community.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post
                              I can't say but we are all excited!! Boro gonna be in good shape again soon!
                              Is he bringing a lot of money with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is he bringing a lot of money with him?
                                lol really!! I hear ya. Not that good of shape. IUP & Coach Tort still have no worries-but improvements await shall I say-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X