Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford Out at Edinboro

I know nothing more.....but Bradford is OUT at Edinboro. Not sure if resigned or fired. Leave that info up to Scott.

I know nothing. Got the e-mail from the Edinboro AD ten minutes ago.

I liked Coach Bradford and I hope he lands on his feet. Hopefully this change brings some better fortune for Boro football.

Comment

Sure are a lot of coaches getting fired in Erie

Comment

Erie media using the phrase "has ended his tenure" sounds like he resigned.

Comment

I know of a guy up in downtown Erie looking for a new gig.

The #LIT-AF Show could move south?

Comment

Sheesh this has been a hard 3 days for PSAC coaches that means 1/4 of the conference teams are looking for new Head Coaches with Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, Gannon and now Edinboro. Speaking of Boro I wonder how much better they would have been if Walter Fletcher had returned for his senior year. He's held his own at Ball State thus far including having 2 100+ yard rushing games including last Saturday where he ran for 115 yards in a 44-45 loss to Central Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              I know nothing. Got the e-mail from the Edinboro AD ten minutes ago.

I liked Coach Bradford and I hope he lands on his feet. Hopefully this change brings some better fortune for Boro football.
              You sure did defend him for a long time if I remember correctly-you wanted him over Lustig and then really wanted him in 2017. Glad you got your wish? Program not quite where we would want it huh??

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                Sheesh this has been a hard 3 days for PSAC coaches that means 1/4 of the conference teams are looking for new Head Coaches with Bloomsburg, Lock Haven, Gannon and now Edinboro. Speaking of Boro I wonder how much better they would have been if Walter Fletcher had returned for his senior year. He's held his own at Ball State thus far including having 2 100+ yard rushing games including last Saturday where he ran for 115 yards in a 44-45 loss to Central Michigan
                Offensively, I think they would have been better. The two true freshmen did alright but Fletcher was pretty dang good. Still would have struggled at QB and they were still short one solid WR. As recently as Trevor Harris they had about 18 scholarships, that number is down to 12 and it shows. Really doesn't leave much room for error if you don't have a deeper depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post

You sure did defend him for a long time if I remember correctly-you wanted him over Lustig and then really wanted him in 2017. Glad you got your wish? Program not quite where we would want it huh??
                  I wasn't enamored with the finalists back in 2016 and thought he was the safest bet. My concern with hiring Lustig came true when he bolted back to D1. Unless there was a serious internal issue, I don't see how you don't hire an interim who goes 7-4.

Comment

https://www.goerie.com/sports/201911...oach-part-ways

Are there enough quality coaches out there to fill all this HC positions? I am afraid Bloom will regret their decision when they find nothing else.

Comment

Offensively, I think they would have been better. The two true freshmen did alright but Fletcher was pretty dang good. Still would have struggled at QB and they were still short one solid WR. As recently as Trevor Harris they had about 18 scholarships, that number is down to 12 and it shows. Really doesn't leave much room for error if you don't have a deeper depth chart.
                      Seeing them live I thought they were a feisty bunch. The overall talent is a bit low as mentioned.

But, even as late in the year as they came to Indiana they were an enthusiastic group. Sideline was R-rated but nonetheless. I guess I'm trying to say they were still engaged and playing for the coach. Polar opposite of the team further up 79.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                        https://www.goerie.com/sports/201911...oach-part-ways

Are there enough quality coaches out there to fill all this HC positions? I am afraid Bloom will regret their decision when they find nothing else.
                        Gannon is already filled. I'd venture to say Bloom is likely a more appealing job opening than Edinboro. Lock Haven is just a dumpster fire.

Now if Tony33's dream comes true and Merchyurst opens ... That's probably the one opening where a good hire could win the fastest.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                          The league has begun to solidify in both the East and West to the point that five teams on both sides can assume three losses before the season begins. If they manage 6-2 in the other eight, they still end up at 6-5 with a good chance of falling below .500 and risking the HC job. I don't know how realistic it is to expect a team to raise itself to relevance if the coaches keep being dumped. Can't say it seems likely that most of the bottom five on each side will be moving up soon.

Comment

I wasn't enamored with the finalists back in 2016 and thought he was the safest bet. My concern with hiring Lustig came true when he bolted back to D1. Unless there was a serious internal issue, I don't see how you don't hire an interim who goes 7-4.
                            He got to 7-4 with someone else's players And slowly brought us back down to where we were with the poor hire before him. Back to zero discipline, most penalties ever (I'm pretty sure we set that record this year but double check with BoroBacker (aka Bob or Todd) and players being ejected from games for penalties with no punishment. Other posters on here even commenting about the poor language on the sideline. I hardly think that was a good hire. 7-4 was a carry over of Lustig-everyone here knows that too!

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post

He got to 7-4 with someone else's players And slowly brought us back down to where we were with the poor hire before him. Back to zero discipline, most penalties ever (I'm pretty sure we set that record this year but double check with BoroBacker (aka Bob or Todd) and players being ejected from games for penalties with no punishment. Other posters on here even commenting about the poor language on the sideline. I hardly think that was a good hire. 7-4 was a carry over of Lustig-everyone here knows that too!
                              I don't disagree with you on the discipline. I don't like hearing about the language on the sideline not so much the vocabulary but the ignorance on the volume. I just think the crop of finalists in 2016 was a turd sandwich. I understand taking a risk on Lustig but stand by my belief that Bradford was the safe pick out of that crew. Would they have been better with Dave Taynor? I don't know. The guy from Millersville now at Allegheny? Denny Creehan Part 2? There's someone I'm forgetting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X