Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They should have beaten Minnesota.

Penn State being the only real big time D1 program in PA should be top 3 in the country.
    They were absolutely outplayed by Minnesota that day. If Minnesota could execute and beat Iowa the following week nobody would still be saying Penn State should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

They were #4 two weeks ago...What were you saying?!
      This was the chance to break through what is a totally routine and boring so called FBS CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF. They needed to make it a one game season vs OSU tomorrow. But now they can play for pride. If JF had gotten them into the final four he would have gone a long way toward quieting the murmur. Now it's almost certain the series will be among LSU, CLEMSON, OSU, GEORGIA, BAMA, OREGON and OKLAHOMA. The same group.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

So a 10-2 regular season with a lot of your best players sophomores and juniors is a flop? Good Lord, no wonder the QB is getting death threats up there.
        NOT a PSU fan but hear from a lot of them and FRANKLIN does not get credit for 10-2 season from them. He gets the blame. Many of these folks never wanted him there to begin with. I personally don't think they're getting anyone better. But my guess is he needs to be in the playoff next year or it's hot seat time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

They were absolutely outplayed by Minnesota that day. If Minnesota could execute and beat Iowa the following week nobody would still be saying Penn State should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They should have beaten Minnesota.

Penn State being the only real big time D1 program in PA should be top 3 in the country.
            Shoulda, woulda, coulda. And Pa. football is not what it used to be. The statement was "he flopped." A 9-1 record with wins over three top 25 teams and a close loss to another top 25 team is not a flop.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              NOT a PSU fan but hear from a lot of them and FRANKLIN does not get credit for 10-2 season from them. He gets the blame. Many of these folks never wanted him there to begin with. I personally don't think they're getting anyone better. But my guess is he needs to be in the playoff next year or it's hot seat time.
              With a new starting QB and a lot of youth on offense, there was no certainty they'd even be 10-2 this year. While the fans up at Beaver Stadium are usually a pretty friendly bunch, Penn State's online community hosts some of the biggest whiners I've ever seen in college football. The Big Ten hates them, the refs screw them, etc. etc. Their Blue-White board is so toxic I don't even bother to lurk on it. Where was their program when Franklin took it over? All things considered, he's done a helluva job up there.

Comment

IUP gets a meat grinder like Cal has had the last two years. Watch out if they go 7-4 next year without Maxwell and that crossover schedule. Although, like was stated earlier Kutz loses Digalbo and Shepherd loses a lot it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                  IUP gets a meat grinder like Cal has had the last two years. Watch out if they go 7-4 next year without Maxwell and that crossover schedule. Although, like was stated earlier Kutz loses Digalbo and Shepherd loses a lot it seems.
                  At this point discussion to the player level is pretty meaningless. But it can certainly be said that IUP games versus OOC(maybe @UNH), @KUTZ, @SHEP, SRU, @CAL, WCU are all games that could go either way. If the list isn't bad enough KUTZ/SHEP and SRU/CAL are back to back. Having no great sympathy for IUP, it should be said that no one should have a schedule like this locked in with no possible adjustment for team strength.
                  On the other hand, if the VULCANS don't finish at the very least 9-2, I will say that GARY DUNN is not the coach I think he is. Don't know how this can be worked out but the current system doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

At this point discussion to the player level is pretty meaningless. But it can certainly be said that IUP games versus OOC(maybe @UNH), @KUTZ, @SHEP, SRU, @CAL, WCU are all games that could go either way. If the list isn't bad enough KUTZ/SHEP and SRU/CAL are back to back. Having no great sympathy for IUP, it should be said that no one should have a schedule like this locked in with no possible adjustment for team strength.
                    On the other hand, if the VULCANS don't finish at the very least 9-2, I will say that GARY DUNN is not the coach I think he is. Don't know how this can be worked out but the current system doesn't seem to be working.
                    ... @UNH has a 0% chance. Less than zero. This was a one-year deal. No return game up there. If they play an OOC it will be at home and a cupcake.

We'll see what Kutztown looks like. They lose a ton this offseason. So does SRU. Next year is a long way off. Never know what the old portal will bring. They can start to think next year after this year ends.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-23-2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                      Shepherd will be fine. Lose some skill guys, but they are easier to replace then the big fellas. Bagent only a sophomore. Very young defense that gets a year bigger and wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

... @UNH has a 0% chance. Less than zero. This was a one-year deal. No return game up there. If they play an OOC it will be at home and a cupcake.

We'll see what Kutztown looks like. They lose a ton this offseason. So does SRU. Next year is a long way off. Never know what the old portal will bring. They can start to think next year after this year ends.
                        Like I meant to indicate this is only a very superficial glance at '20. And on the surface it looks like a pretty tough schedule. When you figure in graduation/transfers/recruitment these could be radically different teams but based on recent performance it appears challenging. Time will tell.

Comment

Everything is meaningless on a message board. Every post of every thread.

The best 3 teams in the east will be Kutz, sheph, and wc regardless of who leaves or transfers in. West will be Cal, Iup and Sru. The order is the only unknown.

I'm off for my meeting with Gorbachev though. Im negotiating a peace treaty between the US and the Soviet Union today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd will be fine. Lose some skill guys, but they are easier to replace then the big fellas. Bagent only a sophomore. Very young defense that gets a year bigger and wiser.
                            It looks like 3 of the OL and 3 of the top 4 wr and the RB. But I'm sure they will still be in contention in the east.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X