Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That said, I do know a team with an opening on Sept. 10 weekend. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I Googled earth Shepherdstown just to see how to get there and their stadium is like 1000 or so feet from the Maryland border (because almost the whole width of the Potomac at Shepherdstown is part of Maryland)You can actually walk to Maryland over the bridge from their stadium.
    Taking a roadie at Shep is about as appealing as coming to Indiana. You're typically going to lose ... painfully.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll likely have the same difficulty Tort had ... teams don't exactly get excited to make a voluntary trip to Shepherdstown.
    I Googled earth Shepherdstown just to see how to get there and their stadium is like 1000 or so feet from the Maryland border (because almost the whole width of the Potomac at Shepherdstown is part of Maryland)You can actually walk to Maryland over the bridge from their stadium.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You gotta love it! Love that Shepherd is trying to max out their schedule.
    They'll likely have the same difficulty Tort had ... teams don't exactly get excited to make a voluntary trip to Shepherdstown.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    A July 3 article in The Martinsburg Journal talks about Shepherd's upcoming schedule and states they are looking to add a game on the Sept. 10 weekend.

You gotta love it! Love that Shepherd is trying to max out their schedule.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A July 3 article in The Martinsburg Journal talks about Shepherd's upcoming schedule and states they are looking to add a game on the Sept. 10 weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

"A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But, you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to 45 minutes worth of digging. And, ... who knows who's gonna come along in that time. Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all F-ing night."

-- Nicky Santoro
    One of the funniest things I ever saw on YouTube was the audio from the scene where Nicky threatens Sam in the desert dubbed over a Bert and Ernie scene from Sesame Street. Ernie was Nicky.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

He was also as juiced up as a carton of Florida Concentrate!

I have ZERO idea why the Titans brought this washed up bum on board as LB coach after their impressive run last season. Take a look at this guy's record in the past bunch of years. Everywhere he goes there are problems and losing. He was a complete dolt with the Redskins as DC (see London Fletcher comments). He completely washed out with the Rams. The Bengals had made the playoffs FOUR straight seasons until they brought this idiot on board----and then NEVER came close to making them again. What he pulled at IUP with his boy was downright absurd and completely shameful and selfish. The only year that he wasn't a complete disaster was the season he served as "a consultant" at Penn State in a make believe job. What a turkey.

Next stop will be JV equipment manager back at Avalon High where he could wear a polo shirt with the word "Jocko" emblazoned on it. LOL.

He should be the poster boy for CTE and steroid abuse and not to mention two-timing your wife (as well as your alma mater and hometown pro team). Talk about a drooling vegetable. Too funny!

-
    Avalon High School ceased to exist in 1978. Do you know who is from Avalon? Former Edinboro QB Jon Girvin who in his first career start took down IUP at Miller Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

"A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But, you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to 45 minutes worth of digging. And, ... who knows who's gonna come along in that time. Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all F-ing night."

-- Nicky Santoro

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Can't tee him up like that ... lol.

Ahhh the great summer of Chase Haslett. IUP message board lore at this point.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Thanks. I was waiting for your answer.
    Can't tee him up like that ... lol.

Ahhh the great summer of Chase Haslett. IUP message board lore at this point.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I have ZERO idea why the Titans brought this washed up bum on board as LB coach after their impressive run last season. Take a look at this guy's record in the past bunch of years. Everywhere he goes there are problems and losing. He was a complete dolt with the Redskins as DC (see London Fletcher comments). He completely washed out with the Rams. The Bengals had made the playoffs FOUR straight seasons until they brought this idiot on board----and then NEVER came close to making them again. What he pulled at IUP with his boy was downright absurd and completely shameful and selfish. The only year that he wasn't a complete disaster was the season he served as "a consultant" at Penn State in a make believe job. What a turkey.

Next stop will be JV equipment manager back at Avalon High where he could wear a polo shirt with the word "Jocko" emblazoned on it. LOL.

He should be the poster boy for CTE and steroid abuse and not to mention two-timing your wife (as well as your alma mater and hometown pro team). Talk about a drooling vegetable. Too funny!

-
    Thanks. I was waiting for your answer.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I also saw him play live. Of course, it was over 40 years ago but what I remember is that he moved around a lot depending on the situation. He didn't always line up in the same position.

Jim Haslett was literally one of the most dominant players in the entire history of D2 football. At any position.

-

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by goalieman View Post

Haslett played both DE and LB during his IUP tenure and he did also punt ! ..... look near the bottom of each link below about him playing LB .....

https://iupathletics.com/news/2016.aspx5/6/25/FB_062515275 ..... (3rd paragraph from the bottom)
    I also saw him play live. Of course, it was over 40 years ago but what I remember is that he moved around a lot depending on the situation. He didn't always line up in the same position.

Jim Haslett was literally one of the most dominant players in the entire history of D2 football. At any position.

Leave a comment:

• goalieman
    replied
    Originally posted by goalieman View Post

Haslett played both DE and LB during his IUP tenure and he did also punt ! ..... look near the bottom of each link below about him playing LB .....

https://iupathletics.com/news/2016.aspx5/6/25/FB_062515275

other link .....

https://iupathletics.com/news/2015/6...625152756.aspx ...... (2nd paragraph from the bottom ).
    Last edited by goalieman; 07-06-2020, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X