X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He may have missed the window. They only have so many spots. They offer more than they can take. The first so many to send in the fax ... get the spots. The fact Tort signed another one today could be a bad sign for him.
    According to his Twitter account and PaFootballnews.com he had offers from Saint Vincent College and Albright. All IUP have to do is offer him a Walk-On spot and that would beat the tuition cost to attend Saint Vincent or Albright. Walk-ons probably not required to sign on NSD, just have to be accepted to IUP admissions.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Ebbs
    replied
    Agree, he could have missed the window.

Somehow, the possibility does jive with his Twitter comments..... he stated he would sign after NSD. He knew he wouldn't / couldn't sign an the 5th.

That doesn't sound like he missed an IUP imposed window or limit (i.e. cap on scholly's or roster spaces).

I guess time will soon tell.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    Anyone have a clue what the delay signing of Saquan Carter Barton, 6'2" 245lbs DT, out of Harrisburg is all about?

He is the one who made the self declared commitment to IUP on February 4th (via his own Twitter account). He said it would be an after NSD signing.

Grades, eligibility or posturing for a better offer?

He may have missed the window. They only have so many spots. They offer more than they can take. The first so many to send in the fax ... get the spots. The fact Tort signed another one today could be a bad sign for him.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Ebbs
    replied
    Anyone have a clue what the delay signing of Saquan Carter Barton, 6'2" 245lbs DT, out of Harrisburg is all about?

He is the one who made the self declared commitment to IUP on February 4th (via his own Twitter account). He said it would be an after NSD signing.

Grades, eligibility or posturing for a better offer?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Looks like Tort signed another one today ... DB from Imani Christian.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Also, per Matt's article today---spring drills are set to begin on March 27 and the spring game is tentatively slated for April 24.

It should be a very interesting spring!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Per Matt's article today, Heasley and Watts are done.

Heasley due to injuries and Watts is retiring from football.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

And that's with the kickoff location having been moved up 5 yards.
    Not to mention a huge number of injuries come in the kick game.

It's just one facet of the game but it can go a real long way.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hopefully he can put kick-offs in the endzone on a regular basis. We haven't had a kicker in a while who could routinely get touchbacks.

IUP gets lots of personal fouls on the kick-off team. Putting the ball deep eliminates many of these opportunities for the Lit guys to act Lit. And, of course, it limits any long returns.

That said, I think the in-house guy this upcoming season will eliminate the issue. He's got a monster leg and is 6'5", 225 lbs.
    And that's with the kickoff location having been moved up 5 yards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    You could do a lot worse than getting a few years of kicking/punting out of Chambersburg's Tyler Luther. A coach's son, an athlete and very consistent.
    Hopefully he can put kick-offs in the endzone on a regular basis. We haven't had a kicker in a while who could routinely get touchbacks.

IUP gets lots of personal fouls on the kick-off team. Putting the ball deep eliminates many of these opportunities for the Lit guys to act Lit. And, of course, it limits any long returns.

That said, I think the in-house guy this upcoming season will eliminate the issue. He's got a monster leg and is 6'5", 225 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTexan
    replied
    The more I watch Kam Kruze on film the more I think he will be a very special player for the Hawks down the road.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Last little bullet point in the release:
    • Additional transfer student-athletes who are already on campus are expected to be announced soon

This should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Here's the link to the current signings:

https://iupathletics.com/news/2020/2...day-class.aspx

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    So, does anyone have any thoughts overall on the IUP signing class as a whole or individually? I like to think of signing day as Christmas for fans of college football.

-
    Not a soul knows.

Every school loves their class today. Everybody signed plenty of 'all-this selection' and 'all-that selection'. They all Tweeted out pretty pictures with embellished heights and weights, highlight reels, etc.

If half of the class signed today makes senior year at their school ... it's likely a good class. If they all show up in August, it's a good start.

The only truth is stuff gets real in August. No more playing against scrawny 16-year-olds. They all look good today. Hopefully they look good then, too.

Get them in class. Make sure they are all eligible. There's no bigger waste of talent and money than being academically ineligible. Redshirt as many as possible. Very, very few are ready to play right away -- at least at the power programs.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    So, does anyone have any thoughts overall on the IUP signing class as a whole or individually? I like to think of signing day as Christmas for fans of college football.

-

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X