Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I think IUP would have trouble in the NEC. One is that they'd be just the second public school in the conference. Everyone else is using coupon codes in place of real scholarship dollars. Nobody really gets excited to see Shippensburg at the KCAC - they're surely not going to get excited to see St. Francis Brooklyn. Look at RMU's basketball attendance and you'll see that simply being D1 doesn't draw a noticeable increase. The second issue is that I don't think IUP has the money to take on a greatly increased travel budget. You're going from 60% of your travel being within 2 hours of campus to 90% of your travel being 5+ hours with a lot more overnights. That's probably the real nail in the coffin for this dream, especially given IUP's financial situation. Lastly, while they aren't anything special, the NEC still is an acceptable last resort to mid Atlantic shore AAU and private school powerhouses similar to how the PSAC is to WPIAL football coaches. As good of a coach as Joe is he's not the known quantity that some of the other NEC coaches are.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP certainly has the room behind Miller Stadium to do a reconfiguration / new build.

The KCAC is already nicer than many mid-major venues.

But, no doubt, Miller is in rough shape.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's just web babling. St. Francis would be an obvious rival being 30 minutes away in (suicide level) Loretto.

The NEC is about the D1 equivalent of Class A baseball compared to The Show. Basketball-wise it would be interesting.

IUP is a basketball school now, anyway, right? Lol
    Is this the next wave of the "IUP is going D1" movement?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I think that it would be very interesting. It would at least be something different to look at. But would the totally crappy football stadium be a hindrance or maybe it would be par for the course of the lackluster NEC?

-
    It's just web babling. St. Francis would be an obvious rival being 30 minutes away in (suicide level) Loretto.

The NEC is about the D1 equivalent of Class A baseball compared to The Show. Basketball-wise it would be interesting.

IUP is a basketball school now, anyway, right? Lol

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Did IUP athletics come into a lot of money recently to support a move up in class?
    I am pretty sure its just talk, like BigIndians stated.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Rumors are circulating on numerous web sites (mostly blogs) that IUP keeps getting mentioned for a possible move to the NEC. Shall I say, many blogs are recomending IUP as a league target.

West Chester would also be an attractive target.

This would be about 99.9% web rumors but interesting nonetheless.
    I think that it would be very interesting. It would at least be something different to look at. But would the totally crappy football stadium be a hindrance or maybe it would be par for the course of the lackluster NEC?

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I dunno IUP Nation.....IUP would be the only public FCS school in Pa. I am sure cost-wise, they would be the most attractive choice for FCS-caliber student-athletes. That alone would help in recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I dunno IUP Nation.....IUP would be the only public FCS school in Pa. I am sure cost-wise, they would be the most attractive choice for FCS-caliber student-athletes. That alone would help in recruiting.
    Did IUP athletics come into a lot of money recently to support a move up in class?

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ew. No.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Rumors are circulating on numerous web sites (mostly blogs) that IUP keeps getting mentioned for a possible move to the NEC. Shall I say, many blogs are recomending IUP as a league target.

Ew. No.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    How many alumni could hum the Crimson Express? How many would even recognize it?

Not many.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Cherokee is only coming back unless it's played in the parking lot. Its name is offensive according to certain people.

Pretty epic swing going from maybe the best fight song in the country (small school) to the worst.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-27-2020, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Cherokee is only coming back unless it's played in the parking lot. Its name is offensive according to certain people.

Pretty epic swing going from maybe the best fight song in the country (small school) to the worst.
    Who you gonna call...

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X