Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting comments by Tort in the Gazette today.

Comment

Not a big fan of many of Tort's comments.

* If Mike Nash wasn't an outgoing player I doubt he gets called out like that -- deserved or not. Bus ... Meet Mike Nash.

* The comment of they'd beat Shepherd 7-8 times out of 10 games? Come on. You don't get 10 chances. You got one. At home.

* Same with West Florida. You don't get 10 chances. You got one. At home. In cold weather. And, (as somewhat usual) started slow.

* It's pretty clear they will be QB shopping. But, that was expected.

Comment

Players have to pay attention to details. A little detail like not lining up at the hash mark corresponding to the wide side of the field and not backpedaled to cover the deep middle third of the field disrupted the defensive scheme. Give credit to Badget for spotting it and taking advantage of the lapse. The coaching staff has all year to figure it out. They need to just forget about the Foosball for the next couple of days and enjoy the Thanksgiving with family and friends. I would look for them to bring in an OL transfer to round out the line. Maybe a DL transfer to help anchor that side of line.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

* If Mike Nash wasn't an outgoing player I doubt he gets called out like that -- deserved or not. Bus ... Meet Mike Nash.

* The comment of they'd beat Shepherd 7-8 times out of 10 games? Come on. You don't get 10 chances. You got one. At home.

* Same with West Florida. You don't get 10 chances. You got one. At home. In cold weather. And, (as somewhat usual) started slow.

Coach sounding a little sore and salty. Not a great look.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

I wonder if they are blaming Nash for the whole final drive, too?

Or, the 99- and 98-yard drives they gave up in the first half?

Comment

If someone saw him in the wrong position, why didn't the coach tell him to move?

Comment

Whatever happened to "It's on me" or "We win as a team and we lose as a team", or other coachspeak? It's never 1 guy's fault. And to not know who it actually was and call out the true freshman Haynes initially is not a good thing.

I'm not really big on the QB comment, either. Can we say good things about Davis, or not?

Oh, well, Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Sounds like Torts is a bit salty. Well he should have had his team better prepared. Losing two straight home playoff games is totally unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                      And to not know who it actually was and call out the true freshman Haynes initially is not a good thing.
                      He didn't. That's on me. I watched the replay after the game and erroneously assumed it was Haynes because it looked like he was late getting over to the play. But it wasn't his fault. Actually, Tort told me Haynes had a really good game. My fault.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Thanks for the info, Matt. Since it is Thanksgiving I would also like to thank you and the IG for all the great coverage of IUP football. I think it's safe to say that none of the other PSAC teams enjoy the kind of hometown coverage you guys provide.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          Sounds like Torts is a bit salty. Well he should have had his team better prepared. Losing two straight home playoff games is totally unacceptable.
                          Is there a home field advantage? Maybe a Florida team in December coming north.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            Thanks for the info, Matt. Since it is Thanksgiving I would also like to thank you and the IG for all the great coverage of IUP football. I think it's safe to say that none of the other PSAC teams enjoy the kind of hometown coverage you guys provide.
                            I agree as well. Thank you Matt for your coverage of the Football team!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

He didn't. That's on me. I watched the replay after the game and erroneously assumed it was Haynes because it looked like he was late getting over to the play. But it wasn't his fault. Actually, Tort told me Haynes had a really good game. My fault.
                              No apologies needed Matt. I thought the same after watching the TD a few times myself.

Comment

Well, whether it was Tort or Matt---it was WRONG to call out a player like that. I hated reading that in a newspaper print. I don't ever recall Frank, Tep or Curt doing anything like that. It that was a writer's bad phrasing then that needs to be cleared up in the paper IMHO. It made Tort look pretty bad.

But beyond that---Matt did do a fantastic job throughout the season as did Jack and the broadcast team.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X