Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I'll go over 7-4. I'd say at least 8-3. Still a lot of talent coming back and more will be acquired via the transfer portal.

-

Comment

Every football team with discipline issues in the country (I can think of one) should have to watch the end of the Egg Bowl.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I'll go over 7-4. I'd say at least 8-3. Still a lot of talent coming back and more will be acquired via the transfer portal.

-
        It's hard to say until the final roster appears in August. They have enough coming back that if they supplement it well with a couple impact transfers ... could be another solid year.

The bigger questions, however, are:

* Can this staff figure out how to play in the first 30 minutes of big games?

* Can this staff figure out how to control the undisciplined play on the field?

* Can the defensive staff figure out how to close big games in the final minutes?

Tort hasn't lost many games in his three-year era. But, and this is a big BUT, all the losses have a VERY common theme.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Every football team with discipline issues in the country (I can think of one) should have to watch the end of the Egg Bowl.

Unbelievable.
          Social media's down side of reduced civility and respect is creeping into everything. Look what it's doing to this board with all the name calling and insults. In this instance bad karma, juju, or whatever you want it call it came back and bit Ole Miss in the hindquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
            Social media's down side of reduced civility and respect is creeping into everything. Look what it's doing to this board with all the name calling and insults. In this instance bad karma, juju, or whatever you want it call it came back and bit Ole Miss in the hindquarters.
            They've already labled the game 'p!ss and miss' ... Lol

Comment

That's a good one.

Comment

It's hard to say until the final roster appears in August. They have enough coming back that if they supplement it well with a couple impact transfers ... could be another solid year.

The bigger questions, however, are:

* Can this staff figure out how to play in the first 30 minutes of big games?

* Can this staff figure out how to control the undisciplined play on the field?

* Can the defensive staff figure out how to close big games in the final minutes?

Tort hasn't lost many games in his three-year era. But, and this is a big BUT, all the losses have a VERY common theme.
                He needs to call the Emperor Cignetti and ask for some advice.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                  The doggie pee antic was totally uncalled for...if an IUP player did that I would hope they get booted off the team.

Comment

LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

He needs to call the Emperor Cignetti and ask for some advice.
                      Curt was 28-7 in his first 3 years at IUP. Coach Tort is 31-6 As the Head Coach at IUP in his first 3 years and won the Regional Championship, something Curt never did! And Furthermore he has a way better 3 year record than The Godfather! Those are facts not opinions!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
                        Curt was 28-7 in his first 3 years at IUP. Coach Tort is 31-6 As the Head Coach at IUP in his first 3 years and won the Regional Championship, something Curt never did! And Furthermore he has a way better 3 year record than The Godfather! Those are facts not opinions!
                        Not Curt. Frank!

Whose name is on the field?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not Curt. Frank!

Whose name is on the field?
                          I said Frank and Curt! (GODFATHER) you are a F***ing idiot!

Comment

I said Frank and Curt! (GODFATHER) you are a F***ing idiot!

Comment

You have to be fair to Curt. He inherited a total mess from The Lou Tepper - very little talent, etc. Tort inherited a team from Curt that was completely stacked with Curt's developed players. Very different circumstances.

Tort has done very well. He's 3-3 versus Cal and SRU. The two home playoff losses are the black eye on the resume.

Comment

The best (and probably only) thing us hacks on here can do to help the team is send in more coin. Adding 1-2 more scholarships would go a long way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X