Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think these types of forums are great for being able to hear everyone's thoughts out there. But geez, it's probably kind of whimsical to dump on a coach who has gone 31-6 in his first three years. I just can't do it. I'm sure that just like everything else out there improvements could be made in regards to certain things. But 31-6 kind of speaks for itself as does landing such stalwarts transfers as Redfield and Maxwell.

All in all----an outstanding job you have done, Tort!

-

Comment

• Which means I'm in your head too...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        I think these types of forums are great for being able to hear everyone's thoughts out there. But geez, it's probably kind of whimsical to dump on a coach who has gone 31-6 in his first three years. I just can't do it. I'm sure that just like everything else out there improvements could be made in regards to certain things. But 31-6 kind of speaks for itself as does landing such stalwarts transfers as Redfield and Maxwell.

All in all----an outstanding job you have done, Tort!

-

So you are right, its still early in his head coaching career, and he's done well, his recruiting looks good and the players, and most of the community seem to like him, Most PSAC schools would be happy to have a coach like him. But does he have what it takes to make the Natty ? Its a high bar, but why not ? being hyper critical,the team he inherited was so good I think anyone could easily have 21 of those wins. So he's really 10-6 for the tougher games, 1-2 against rock, 2-1 against cal, 2-2 in the playoffs. He's done really well with transfers.. he closed out close games with Ashland and Assumption in 2017, though Assumption was much closer than it should have been - it was like the Shepherd game, except the QB went past the line - same crap defense at the end though. You also gotta asked what happened in 2018 with the loss to ship and the close games at CLarion and Edinboro

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Which means I'm in your head too...
          You are not. I only think of you when I see your hating on IUP then I just toss the message on the scoreboard grenade and watch it all unfold.

Most of you stew at home waiting for your time to get back at me, like Slimey fans dying to troll us after we lost to Shepherd.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not so sure. I think SR1 has closed the gap, actually. It's gotten a lot more competitive and the Region has more balance than before which makes everybody get better. For instance, last year's semifinal NDC lost to Valdosta 30-24 and then in the finals Valdosta lost to Ferris State 49-47. In 2017, IUP was upset by West Florida 27-17 and in the finals West Florida lost to a really strong TX-Commerce 37-27. I think it certainly can be done. In fact, as much as it pains me to say so, I think SRU has a shot this year. Nobody is going to take them lightly, that's for sure.
            They don't have a good defense to stop teams with much better offenses than seen in Region 1.

Comment

• A thread started as a trolling and it's up to page 8 and all IUP centric.

Hysterical.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You are not. I only think of you when I see your hating on IUP then I just toss the message on the scoreboard grenade and watch it all unfold.

Most of you stew at home waiting for your time to get back at me, like Slimey fans dying to troll us after we lost to Shepherd.
                Stew: my new nickname for you

Comment

• Tenure's of the West Big Three's current head coaches:

Gary Dunn, California
                  Overall Record: 34-12

Paul Tortarella, IUP
                  Overall Record: 31-6

Shawn Lutz, SRU
                  Overall Record: 38-10

Lutz and Dunn started their tenure's in 2016; Tortarella in 2017. Tort has a Regional Title. Lutz can (likely) win one this Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Stew: my new nickname for you
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 12-02-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      I mean we here In Philadelphia still have to hear about snowballs at Santa Claus despite it happening 51 years ago.
                      Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      I keep mentioning it because I witnessed it in person and if Eagles fans can be dumped on every year about snowballs at Santa Claus in 1968, I can harp out Scoreboardgate at ESU from 1991.
                      ???????
                      I will use it like the world uses snowballs at Santa Claus against Eagles fans for the last 51 years.
                      So did snowballs at Santa Claus but we still hear about it in Philly.
                      ???????
                      I'm sensing that this is a touchy subject for Eagles fans.

Lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

???????

http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Philly should aways hear about it. Scum.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                          Philly should aways hear about it. Scum.
                          The funny thing is, throwing snowballs at Santa is completely laughable compared to other things we Philly fans (or other fanbases for that matter) have done. If you try to bring up snowballs at Santa as an example of Eagles fans being terrible, to me that just instantly outs you as someone who is completely clueless, and I know not to take anything else you say seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

The funny thing is, throwing snowballs at Santa is completely laughable compared to other things we Philly fans (or other fanbases for that matter) have done. If you try to bring up snowballs at Santa as an example of Eagles fans being terrible, to me that just instantly outs you as someone who is completely clueless, and I know not to take anything else you say seriously.

Comment

• Madden wants to know if you've ever seen the Flyers win the Cup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

???????
                                I'm sensing that this is a touchy subject for Eagles fans.

Lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

???????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X