Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He missed this whole past season, correct? He just passed by is my guess.
    Yes, he did. According to Matt's summer article he injured his shoulder during Spring session and since he was going to be healthy around mid-season he was going to take a medical red-shirt:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...cf9ac7557.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Yes, he did. According to Matt's summer article he injured his shoulder during Spring session and since he was going to be healthy around mid-season he was going to take a medical red-shirt:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...cf9ac7557.html
      Sounds like he got the Wally Pipp.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Who?
        During the 2018 season when the secondary were having its major issues, while Safeties Coach Johnny Franco made no personnel moves, Cornerbacks Coach James Zacharias benched both starting CBs JR Stevens and Anthony Davis, I believe during the Clarion game, in favor of CBs Obi Anyatonwu and Kyeer Geisinger. They both started the next 3 games, but Anyatonwu returned to his reserve role when Stevens entered back into the starting lineup for the Shippensburg finale.

Comment

• What was the kid's name (a DB) who played at IUP last year, then supposedly was going to transfer( was announced at spring signing day) to THE ROCK; I don't even think he made the fall roster

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
            What was the kid's name (a DB) who played at IUP last year, then supposedly was going to transfer( was announced at spring signing day) to THE ROCK; I don't even think he made the fall roster
            I posted on here the day it was announced for you guys to enjoy him. Put it that way. Talented kid but, well, on the field goes along with off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
              To each his own. I would move on to a new candidate The luster has worn off. You may be too close to the staff to be seeing clearly.

Comment

Personally I think all 'track' stadiums are awful. The fans are further off the field, and aesthetically they just look ugly. Upgrades would help but as long as it's still a track stadium it's the old lipstick-on-a-pig fix.

They have the room there to do a total rebuild although that's not going to happen. There are some really easy, quick-fix items that need done ... but just never get done. The chain-link fencing around the perimeter is horrendous, along with the terrible-looking and falling-apart concrete wall on the visitor side. The old bleachers used to hide it, but not so anymore. The home side is a total reboot. It needs torn down and rebuilt. It's a matter of time until the pressbox collapses or the top railing along the bleachers gives out and kills somebody. The restrooms on the home side were probably state of the art in 1975. The concession stand under the home bleachers is no longer functional and closed a few years ago. It's an average high school stadium posing as a D2. stadium.

It is stunning how the KCAC is so pristine and Miller is such a dump. Now, if you had to pick one to pump millions in to ... you'd pick the KCAC every time. It's use goes far beyond basketball. Miller gets used by the public, what, 5-6 times a year. They play some other sports there but nobody attends.
                The KCAC is a joke that place has put the university in such debt and it loses money, way more than it brings in. Thank Tony Atwater for that, worst president in IUP history

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

The KCAC is a joke that place has put the university in such debt and it loses money, way more than it brings in. Thank Tony Atwater for that, worst president in IUP history
                  Do you have facts to back that up?

Comment

• That's funny because IUP doesn't own the KCAC.

Comment

He missed this whole past season, correct? He just passed by is my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        That's funny because IUP doesn't own the KCAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                          Nation - LoL. Irrational. I been called far worse. To be called that by you is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

412, you keep bringing up $$. That has nothing to do with coach Tort's conduct. The way he carries himself and seeking to place blame elsewhere (other than inward) is my issue. As I said and will say again, I don't care if he is 34-0, he is not a leader to emulate, nor one to eagerly follow. I expect the head coach to lead by example. Not by blaming officials when his team screws up. Not by repeatedly failing to have his team game ready from the opening kickoff. Failing to discipline (bench them for a spell) his players for repeated personal fouls. By trying to deflect the blame and place responsibility elsewhere ,he just ensures it will repeat at IUP football for as long as he is the coach.

I hold him directly responsible for the last two seasons conduct and results. If you truly want to be a regional contender, look beyond coach Tort. He will just disappoint you if he stays.

If you only care for wining, you are probably a Harbough fan. He is a winning coach for Michigan, but he is still a miserable PoS. I wouldn't want any part of him leading my college team either. Winning is not everything. How the coach, and be reflection the team, carries themselves is far more important. Look at James Franklin and the Army coach Jeff Monken for better role models on how to be a head coach and lead by example.

Yes, I don't care for coach Tort. there I said it and now i am free....... free do you hear me, freeeeeeeeeeeee..

Not a popular sentiment here, but then I really don't care. Truth sometimes is hard to accept.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                            What was the kid's name (a DB) who played at IUP last year, then supposedly was going to transfer( was announced at spring signing day) to THE ROCK; I don't even think he made the fall roster
                            Nazir James from Piscataway HS (New Jersey). And it looks like he didn't make the squad...or just simply did not return back to school.

Comment

• Whose officiating is good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Whose officiating is good?
                                The officials from the Great Lakes conference are actually pretty good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X