Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Yeah that makes sense!!??
    You can ask why a Final Four team is 6th, too, but that final loss likely left a bad taste for voters.

Comment

• Probably because there was 12 teams better than that final four team but unfortunately they are in stronger regions!

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Yeah that makes sense!!??
        its ****ing hilarious!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Beleive it not it may be a RB.
          I hope its not a RB. The league's top 2 RBs are Sophomore, but they are the same size as IUP's top 2 returning RBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Whether you care for him doesn't matter. If there were character issues they were addressed in the hiring process. It doesn't matter because he is the coach now and he's 31-6. You don't fire a 31-6 coach. In fact, you don't even raise the issue of firing a 31-6 coach unless there is some major abuse or infraction he is guilty of. Woody Hayes punched one of his players. For something that egregious you can go there but there is no reason to even think about it in Tort's case.
            I don't disagree except that Woody Hayes was fired for punching a Clemson player in the 1978 Gator Bowl not his own player.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/alexramart/statu...983270401?s=21 new QB from Akron

Comment

• http://www.hudl.com/v/29WBA9
                Alex Ramart

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
                  Tort got his Xmas present.

Comment

• Other than having two years of eligibility left what's the big upside? A QB from an 0-12 team who looking at the stats didn't even play. Coaches must be seeing some potential in HS game film with big arm and ability to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                      Other than having two years of eligibility left what's the big upside? A QB from an 0-12 team who looking at the stats didn't even play. Coaches must be seeing some potential in HS game film with big arm and ability to run.
                      That's pretty much what everybody on here said about Maxwell last year, too, when he signed. He wasn't a fit in the new offense at Akron as they transitioned to a new scheme under their new coach.

The telling part to me is he's a big-arm, pro-style QB. This may not be a good sign for young Mr. Davis. I trust in the staff. They must see something.

Comment

• You never pass on an upgrade at QB.

Comment

That's pretty much what everybody on here said about Maxwell last year, too, when he signed. He wasn't a fit in the new offense at Akron as they transitioned to a new scheme under their new coach.

The telling part to me is he's a big-arm, pro-style QB. This may not be a good sign for young Mr. Davis. I trust in the staff. They must see something.
                          I think quite a few folks were good with Maxwell, especially since he actually had starting time under his belt in the MAC. This young man played in 6 games to include one start his red-shirt freshman year, but no playing time this year on a 0-12 team. For now he's a QB with some experience. But I do agree it's a possibility this move is not a good move for Mr. Davis. It also could mean they may change the offense, especially since this is a pro-style QB they brought in.

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
                            How Zippy!

so now the MAC is an IUP recruitment league!

Comment

Experience-wise, this guy seems to be somewhere between Jalen Reese and Maxwell. Reese had very little game experience at Toledo (except for being a holder on kicks) and Maxwell had the 6 starts. Clearly, between the Akron transfer and Davis the offense would look different. I'm having a little trouble adapting to new QB transfers every year but I guess if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

As I recall there were a lot of question marks when Reese came on board due to his lack of playing experience but when Maxwell signed on most people were enthusiastic.

Comment

• Never know. Maxwell had played 6-7 games in four years. Reese would have started for 70% of the PSAC last year.

Lenny was nothing but a high school QB when he came in despite being on the Temple roster for a year.

This kid has a lot of intangibles. Not being a one-year mercenary is attractive, too.

They obviously like him. He's locked and loaded (and signed). We can only hope for the best.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X