Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Experience-wise, this guy seems to be somewhere between Jalen Reese and Maxwell. Reese had very little game experience at Toledo (except for being a holder on kicks) and Maxwell had the 6 starts. Clearly, between the Akron transfer and Davis the offense would look different. I'm having a little trouble adapting to new QB transfers every year but I guess if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.

As I recall there were a lot of question marks when Reese came on board due to his lack of playing experience but when Maxwell signed on most people were enthusiastic.
    I am not feeling the QB transfer thing as well. However, this QB has some playing experience. So I am cool with it. I just hope the coaching staff has a fair open competition between Davis and Ramart during the Spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
      Thanks for sharing the link. I watched the film and liked what I saw. Good size (6-3 215), a good gun for an arm that seemed to allow him to make a lot of the throws, good footwork, and nice athletic ability and mobility. He also looks like he has a head for the game. I had a similar reaction watching the Maxwell tape last spring. Looks like this could be a great get for IUP.

We certainly know that high school football is king in the state of Texas. A lot of talent gets produced there. Did anybody notice how nice the stadiums were? Quite a step up from what IUP has. I believe the last Texan that IUP started at QB was Ken Ferguson (Pitt transfer) in 1994/1995.

I see that TE Jacob Watts currently has #12 on the IUP football roster.

I like that Ramart will be starting at IUP in the spring semester and presumably will be taking part in spring drills.

One has to wonder where this leaves Javon Davis. He has already waited for two years behind Lenny and Maxwell. Does he stick around or does he transfer out in search of a better opportunity?

I personally like the transfer route that IUP has historically taken for QBs over the years. They have hit on some very good ones----Ingold, Woods, Ferguson, Box, Lenny and Maxwell. You can get a D-I talent with some experience in a football program. It has often been a winning formula.

IUP 2020 wins over/under 8. I think I'm taking the over.

Great job here by the IUP coaching staff in securing QB talent!

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Thanks for sharing the link. I watched the film and liked what I saw. Good size (6-3 215), a good gun for an arm that seemed to allow him to make a lot of the throws, good footwork, and nice athletic ability and mobility. He also looks like he has a head for the game. I had a similar reaction watching the Maxwell tape last spring. Looks like this could be a great get for IUP.

We certainly know that high school football is king in the state of Texas. A lot of talent gets produced there. Did anybody notice how nice the stadiums were? Quite a step up from what IUP has. I believe the last Texan that IUP started at QB was Ken Ferguson (Pitt transfer) in 1994/1995.

I like that Ramart will be starting at IUP in the spring semester and presumably will be taking part in spring drills.

One has to wonder where this leaves Javon Davis. He has already waited for two years behind Lenny and Maxwell. Does he stick around or does he transfer out in search of a better opportunity?

I personally like the transfer route that IUP has historically taken for QBs over the years. They have hit on some very good ones----Ingold, Woods, Ferguson, Box, Lenny and Maxwell. You can get a D-I talent with some experience in a football program. It has often been a winning formula.

-
        Yes, those stadiums he played in in high school are incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
          I did notice a couple of D-1 stadiums (Texas State & UT-San Antonio) he played in.

The only thing I am happy about is that the player is transferring to IUP during the winter, which means he will be there for the Spring camp to hopefully prove himself. He could be a Quinton Maxwell....or a Mike DeBaugh. At least he will be at the spring camp to help determine that. I just wonder what will happen to Davis if he doesn't sense he will get the nod at QB, especially since this guy has a few years of eligibility left.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I did notice a couple of D-1 stadiums (Texas State & UT-San Antonio) he played in.

The only thing I am happy about is that the player is transferring to IUP during the winter, which means he will be there for the Spring camp to hopefully prove himself. He could be a Quinton Maxwell....or a Mike DeBaugh. At least he will be at the spring camp to help determine that. I just wonder what will happen to Davis if he doesn't sense he will get the nod at QB, especially since this guy has a few years of eligibility left.
            I'd guess if Davis gets beat out in the Spring ... he'll be on the first bus out of town. If that happens they'll likely sign another QB over the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd guess if Davis gets beat out in the Spring ... he'll be on the first bus out of town. If that happens they'll likely sign another QB over the summer.
              I am afraid this will happen as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I am afraid this will happen as well.
                Almost a virtual guarantee nowadays. Shepherd had a freshman QB who started against LH and I fear with Bagent still having 2 years of eligibility, he too may be checking out some options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Almost a virtual guarantee nowadays. Shepherd had a freshman QB who started against LH and I fear with Bagent still having 2 years of eligibility, he too may be checking out some options.
                  At first I was going to disagree. However, with Frostburg State losing its starting QB to graduation I could see Etchison taking a look at the Bobcats. You probably have a point. But lately, Shepherd has had very good luck in reloading at the QB spot.

Comment

• Pitt is off to a great start in the something Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Pitt is off to a great start in the something Bowl.
                      Let Eastern Michigan take the Quick Lane Bowl, Pitt got the real prize in Heather Lyke! Plus, the Steel City got Charlie Batch, too.

-

Comment

• This one's been a classic exercise in one team wanting to be there and the other not giving a damn.

Comment

• Gotta give Pitt this much ... they can make any game entertaining.

It was the odd ending of having the losing QB, while trying to drive for the winning TD, ejected for throwing two punches. One of which skimmed the official ... who then did a LeBron-worthy flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            This one's been a classic exercise in one team wanting to be there and the other not giving a damn.
                            Bowl matchups outside of the playoff stink this year. What does Penn State have to gain in a bowl with Memphis? Michigan, fourth- or fifth-best team in the B1G this year against Alabama? More trouble for Harbag. Notre Dame vs. and Iowa State team that was beaten by Iowa, Florida against a Virginia team that Clemson ran off the field. I'd rather vacuum the rug than watch some of these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Bowl matchups outside of the playoff stink this year. What does Penn State have to gain in a bowl with Memphis? Michigan, fourth- or fifth-best team in the B1G this year against Alabama? More trouble for Harbag. Notre Dame vs. and Iowa State team that was beaten by Iowa, Florida against a Virginia team that Clemson ran off the field. I'd rather vacuum the rug than watch some of these things.
                              Because it doesn't matter. ESPN "owns" most of the BS bowl games and they've made their money on TV ads before the 300-500 tickets are sold. There's no incentive to have a good match-up when the game is being played on a hangover day. They oversaturated their own market and diluted the product. The only way to "fix" it is a full playoff but there's too much money being made by everyone involved with the current "playoff" to change. It's the same cartel who added the play in games for the men's basketball tournament. As much as we love it, they can't stomach Marshall beating North Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Because it doesn't matter. ESPN "owns" most of the BS bowl games and they've made their money on TV ads before the 300-500 tickets are sold. There's no incentive to have a good match-up when the game is being played on a hangover day. They oversaturated their own market and diluted the product. The only way to "fix" it is a full playoff but there's too much money being made by everyone involved with the current "playoff" to change. It's the same cartel who added the play in games for the men's basketball tournament. As much as we love it, they can't stomach Marshall beating North Carolina.
                                Might eventually get an eight-team playoff in FBS. Doubt it would get beyond that with the schedules and money involved. We have a 28-team Division II playoff that's over and done, yet the big shots rag on about the season being too long if they'd have a playoff. As for basketball, I'm thoroughly enjoying watching North Cheatolina getting their heads handed to them in several games this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X