Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly I think the community is being selfish because the area where Temple proposes the stadium to be built Is great for the university and community. Temple has offered to promise jobs to those in the community at the stadium as well as open up the stadium for the local high schools to use and the city title games could be played there as well. St. Joes Prep is located maybe 1 mile away from the site could play all their home games there and put 8-10k butts in the seats easily. Currently that land is being used for intramural sports and they ocassionally open the gates to the community for them to play football/soccer and use the track for fitness training/working out. Traffic in that area is always terrible after Temple games/concerts so football wouldn't make it any worse. With 10-15k of the fans coming to the game already living on campus it would be just another 10-15k coming to the game which is what is normally the car traffic for concerts/TU basketball games. As far as families being pushed out that's BS they've already said the stadium would only close 15th street down and there are no residential homes on that block. From my understanding of the renderings the field would pretty much be beneath ground level so those who live on Norris Street would probably be able to look out their windows and catch some action for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      With all due respect to Penn State, prior to entering the Big Ten, they realized they needed to be attached to a conference to remain relevant on the big stage. Notre Dame is the only legitimate independent left in CFB, and the Big Ten provided the right mix of blue-chip programs as well as enough patsies for Penn State to find a home and carve a path to an NC. They are much better off in the Big rather than remaining as an Indy.
      I'm not even sure that's a true statement anymore. I think they're artificially elevated by NBC and other boomers still voting in the polls and given a full playoff would go the way of Nebraska and Penn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm not even sure that's a true statement anymore. I think they're artificially elevated by NBC and other boomers still voting in the polls and given a full playoff would go the way of Nebraska and Penn State.
        There are plenty of boomers, including this one, who aren't big fans of Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

There are plenty of boomers, including this one, who aren't big fans of Notre Dame.
          First time I recall ever hearing an F bomb was my uncle using his pet name for them haha. There's obvious history there and they're still a strong team but as long as polls are voted on by people whose paychecks depend on the Notre Dame contract I expect them to be overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

First time I recall ever hearing an F bomb was my uncle using his pet name for them haha. There's obvious history there and they're still a strong team but as long as polls are voted on by people whose paychecks depend on the Notre Dame contract I expect them to be overrated.
            I grew up in the Chicago area, where Notre Dame is either worshipped or hated. There is little middle ground.

Comment

• Butler has opted to leave the WPIAL in football and play an independent schedule.

Seems the Golden Tornado grew tired of being the 6A Golden Tomato Can.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Butler has opted to leave the WPIAL in football and play an independent schedule.

Seems the Golden Tornado grew tired of being the 6A Golden Tomato Can.
                Why do they feel it would be better to be independent?

Also, what does leaving the WPIAL mean? I thought the WPIAL was just the PIAA District 7. Does the WPIAL have additional requirements that don't exist in other PIAA Districts?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Why do they feel it would be better to be independent?

Also, what does leaving the WPIAL mean? I thought the WPIAL was just the PIAA District 7. Does the WPIAL have additional requirements that don't exist in other PIAA Districts?
                  They likely want to leave so they can quit geeting their brains beat in every Friday night. This will let them schedule some cupcakes, etc. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review has a good article on it today.

Oddly Butler has the third largest enrollment in the state ... but they've been awful for a very long time.

Comment

• Joey Yellens has transferred to Pitt from Arizona State.

As a freshman QB this past season he made on start (USC) and completed 28 of 44 attempts for 292 yards and 4 TDs.

He will start classes at Pitt on Monday.

Pitt has petitioned the NCAA for immediate eligibility. We'll see.

He was ranked the No. 22 pro-style QB in the country in the class of 2019.

Comment

They likely want to leave so they can quit geeting their brains beat in every Friday night. This will let them schedule some cupcakes, etc. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review has a good article on it today.

Oddly Butler has the third largest enrollment in the state ... but they've been awful for a very long time.

Comment

Altoona has gotten to the same point. They were getting pounded in the Mid-Penn, went back to the WPIAL and got pounded, now have moved back to the Mid-Penn where they're getting pounded in the Mid-Penn Commonwealth again. They don't have a lot of options as they're a big school in the middle of a bunch of small ones. State College is in a similar situation, but has produced much better teams than Altoona.

Comment

Joey Yellens has transferred to Pitt from Arizona State.

As a freshman QB this past season he made on start (USC) and completed 28 of 44 attempts for 292 yards and 4 TDs.

He will start classes at Pitt on Monday.

Pitt has petitioned the NCAA for immediate eligibility. We'll see.

He was ranked the No. 22 pro-style QB in the country in the class of 2019.
                          That could be a good get! Maybe they would want to play Pickett next year and redshirt Yellens and start him in 2021. We'll see how it all plays out I guess.

Don't sleep on Pitt in 2020.

-

Comment

A lotta poor kids who can't afford to play youth football. But also probably a poor youth football program.

Comment

• My nephew played at Butler 14-17. The underlying theme always was the majority of kids who were coming out to play football just wanted to wear the jersey and strut around the school hall on game day. There were just a handful of kids who were willing to put in the sweat equity or who could get by in HS with natural talent to produce winning teams and certainly not enough to carry the team to even a .500 season. That snow balled into where they are now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                My nephew played at Butler 14-17. The underlying theme always was the majority of kids who were coming out to play football just wanted to wear the jersey and strut around the school hall on game day. There were just a handful of kids who were willing to put in the sweat equity or who could get by in HS with natural talent to produce winning teams and certainly not enough to carry the team to even a .500 season. That snow balled into where they are now.
                                They've been bad for a long time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X