Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, disappointed to hear this. But I guess it saves money ....I guess. Good luck with this strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      Wow, disappointed to hear this. But I guess it saves money ....I guess. Good luck with this strategy.
      First home game Sept 26 .... SUCKS

Comment

• Maybe they have a "Field Day" the first weekend. Open it up to the youth leagues to have low-impact 8v8 Flag Football "games" against the players. Have carnival, Food Trucks, a Dunk Tank for the coaches, meet the players for, etc. Then schedule a 1/2 game scrimmage with themselves. Donations accepted for the local charity. Build up that Goodwill!

Comment

• I don't think all is lost. I saw that they advertised an opening for next year. They probably just didn't have many takers given their reputation.

Although, it goes back to my pet project...what's worse if the game doesn't count: playing the local D3 team and making $ from the gate or not playing at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't think all is lost. I saw that they advertised an opening for next year. They probably just didn't have many takers given their reputation.

Although, it goes back to my pet project...what's worse if the game doesn't count: playing the local D3 team and making $ from the gate or not playing at all?
            Losing a player to a blown ACL in a D3 game. That's the worst thing that can happen.

The other train of thought is now you are going on the road to open the season to both Kutztown and Shepherd ... and you don't get a tune-up game prior.

Not to mention you already have a fickle, fair-weather (attendance) fan base who likely won't see a game until Sept. 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Losing a player to a blown ACL in a D3 game. That's the worst thing that can happen.

The other train of thought is now you are going on the road to open the season to both Kutztown and Shepherd ... and you don't get a tune-up game prior.

Not to mention you already have a fickle, fair-weather (attendance) fan base who likely won't see a game until Sept. 26.
              I get the first hypothetical. But that could have happened whenever they played Cheyney. With how tough the PSAC can be, I'd take the risk so my team could have a tune-up game prior to the top two teams from the other division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I get the first hypothetical. But that could have happened whenever they played Cheyney. With how tough the PSAC can be, I'd take the risk so my team could have a tune-up game prior to the top two teams from the other division.
                Not to mention but in the dooms day scenario they come home 0-2 ... you can kiss that gate money goodbye for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Football article in the Gazette today ... discusses the potential 11th game (will they or won't they), some transfers, etc.
                  I'm sure there is a bunch of other stuff coming up not in the article, that maybe isn't 100% certain yet - maybe few more academic problems and a few more decent transfers, (they didn't mention the Akron QB, and I hear there might be a few more ), I tend to agree with the 10 game plan - how important will it be to have a tune up game with a cupcake ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I'm sure there is a bunch of other stuff coming up not in the article, that maybe isn't 100% certain yet - maybe few more academic problems and a few more decent transfers, (they didn't mention the Akron QB, and I hear there might be a few more ), I tend to agree with the 10 game plan - how important will it be to have a tune up game with a cupcake ?
                    My opinion ... it's very important. Opening games are typically very messy. Kinks need worked out, etc. You just cannot simulate game action in practice.

The wild card in this is it's not like they are opening with Lock Haven and Millersville. These are two big ones right off the bat. You also have a new QB making his first IUP start (whomever it may be).

I know peasant teams aren't lining up to come in here and get blasted. But, maybe they'll get another St. Augustine's type to bite on the offer. The issue is many teams of low quality are already booked up. There's obviously no need to schedule another Ashland type.

Regardless, I suppose, they will be going to Kutztown in Week 2. The plus to not having a Week 1 is they probably catch Kutztown a bit less prepared as there's no film on the current team.

Comment

• http://www.hudl.com/v/2BgJVs
                      IUP oline offer

Comment

• http://www.hudl.com/profile/11254425
                        another olineman

Comment

• Originally posted by badboyz8 View Post
                          Thanks very much Badboyz8 for the update.

Comment

• https://www.hudl.com/athlete/9787949...10e50a871a2/v2
                            Rb/Lb

Comment

• He also holds offers from Robert Morris and University of the Cumberlands (NAIA).

Keep em coming Badboyz8 !
                              Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-20-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• It was a great weekend on campus to have recruiting targets visit. They likely all attended the basketball game as a group. The KCAC was (somewhat oddly) rocking with about 3,500 in attendance for the IUP sweep of California. Excellent atmosphere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X