Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Not too many surprises there based on last year's depth chart but it raises a few questions in my mind.

1. I remember seeing something that led me to believe Cam Turner would not be returning. Did I dream that?

2. Wouldn't Shugarts be ahead of Thornton on the OL, or not?

3. Wouldn't Will Mayr be ahead of Puffenbarger? Heasley also in the mix.

4. What is the status of LB DiNunzio-Biss? I remember last year some IUP poster told us he was destined for greatness.

5. I thought Jordan Washington was an outstanding prospect at Kicker. Is Grubbs better?
    1. Academically ineligible for Spring Ball
    2. Camp battle
    3. That's a deep unit for 2020. I guess you technically have starters but they will rotate fresh bodies all day.
    4. D-B redshirted last year as a true freshman. I'd guess he's the next special teams monster in 2020. He's a hitter.
    5. Most underrated position on the roster. Grubbs has a big leg. Likely a camp battle. Nobody really cares until that first miss comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Not too many surprises there based on last year's depth chart but it raises a few questions in my mind.

1. I remember seeing something that led me to believe Cam Turner would not be returning. Did I dream that?

2. Wouldn't Shugarts be ahead of Thornton on the OL, or not?

3. Wouldn't Will Mayr be ahead of Puffenbarger? Heasley also in the mix.

4. What is the status of LB DiNunzio-Biss? I remember last year some IUP poster told us he was destined for greatness.

5. I thought Jordan Washington was an outstanding prospect at Kicker. Is Grubbs better?
      1 - According to an article, Coach Tort stated that Turner is academically ineligible this semester, but can return if he fixes his grades. But I believe if "the" one-year mercenary makes on campus this fall he'll be the starter, regardless of what happens to Turner.

2 - You forced me to do a little more research. It appears that neither Shugarts (Fr) or Thornton (Jr) played this past season. So for now I am switching to McLean Djouha to OT and Dauberman back to OG.

3 - Will Mayr did start a few games this season, and I originally projected him as a starter.. But I chose Puffenbarger (4th on the team in TFL and Sacks) because of his production. To get more speed on the edges both Mayr and Puffenbarger could start while Shockley joins Mitchell and Fisher for an interior rotation.

4 - It doesn't look like DiNunzio-Biss got on the field, so I am guessing they red-shirted him. Maybe his greatness is on the way.

5 - Just finished reading Washington's bio, and he was a pretty good prospect. So for now I will give him the edge in the place-kicking duties, and keep Grubbs at strictly the punter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

1. Academically ineligible for Spring Ball
        2. Camp battle
        3. That's a deep unit for 2020. I guess you technically have starters but they will rotate fresh bodies all day.
        4. D-B redshirted last year as a true freshman. I'd guess he's the next special teams monster in 2020. He's a hitter.
        5. Most underrated position on the roster. Grubbs has a big leg. Likely a camp battle. Nobody really cares until that first miss comes.
        I am pretty much guessing on 2 of the 5 starting OLs. This will be a camp battle.

I REALLY hope IUP rotates their DLs more than they did last year. You must continue to rotate, to include the "big" games as well. This wears down the opponent's OL.
        Last edited by ShoNuff; 02-01-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like we can pencil in the elusive Irv Charles at WR if he indeed is actually coming to IUP from State in August as has been bandied about for quite some time now. But you probably can't count on that at all until it happens.

I think the Davis-Ramart battle in spring drills will be a great thing to follow. It should be a most spirited competition.

IUP lost A LOT of talent from last season. Now we get to see how the coaching staff did at keeping the cupboard stocked with quality and up and coming talent. Plus, there will be some key transfers coming on board as well.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
            Sounds like we can pencil in the elusive Irv Charles at WR if he indeed is actually coming to IUP from State in August as has been bandied about for quite some time now. But you probably can't count on that at all until it happens.

I think the Davis-Ramart battle in spring drills will be a great thing to follow. It should be a most spirited competition.

IUP lost A LOT of talent from last season. Now we get to see how the coaching staff did at keeping the cupboard stocked with quality and up and coming talent. Plus, there will be some key transfers coming on board as well.

-
            That's how it goes. They lose a lot of talent every off-season. So do all the other top programs. IUP lost a lot but also returns a ton. The show goes on. The mid-year additions all bring a lot to the table immediately.

Don't forget SRU was gutted. I'm sure they are scouring the local prisons but they lost a ton. Cal also lost two superstars and appears to be feeling the aftermath of scholarship reductions.

Comment

That's how it goes. They lose a lot of talent every off-season. So do all the other top programs. IUP lost a lot but also returns a ton. The show goes on. The mid-year additions all bring a lot to the table immediately.

Don't forget SRU was gutted. I'm sure they are scouring the local prisons but they lost a ton. Cal also lost two superstars and appears to be feeling the aftermath of scholarship reductions.
              LOL. It used to be if you messed up at IUP the coaches would ship you off to Cal. Looks like the Rock surpassed them in this regard. The next batch of convicts should be arriving soon enough. It's like Barney Fife's old speech when they brought prisoners into the Mayberry jailhouse----"Alright men, welcome to the rock!"

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                Sounds like we can pencil in the elusive Irv Charles at WR if he indeed is actually coming to IUP from State in August as has been bandied about for quite some time now. But you probably can't count on that at all until it happens.

-
                Hey....as Coach Tort stated about the addition of Maxwell, "He didn't come here to sit the bench". I am sure this holds the same for Charles.....just saying...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Hey....as Coach Tort stated about the addition of Maxwell, "He didn't come here to sit the bench". I am sure this holds the same for Charles.....just saying...
                  I think you can say the same for Mr. Akron.

Comment

Scouring the local prisons...LMAO!

Comment

I think you can say the same for Mr. Akron.
                      I think so as well.....

Comment

• This was Tweeted to IUP Football at 3am this morning:

"Yo coach what's going on u probably sleep but hope u look at this in the morning 2020 prospect still looking for an home here's my tape I play SS or kinda like a Nickel back GPA 2.8 870 SAT"

Impressions?

Comment

This was Tweeted to IUP Football at 3am this morning:

"Yo coach what's going on u probably sleep but hope u look at this in the morning 2020 prospect still looking for an home here's my tape I play SS or kinda like a Nickel back GPA 2.8 870 SAT"

Impressions?
                          I would have to see his tape, criminal record, and if he likes snowmen.

Comment

Impressions?
                            Wouldn't his position be evident by watching the tape?

Comment

Impressions?
                              I do appreciate he is willing to market himself. I would have to at least take a look at his highlight reel, and he would have to REALLY knock my socks off before I would even consider. His SAT and GPA would make it difficult for me to believe he'll be eligible for 4-5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                                I do appreciate he is willing to market himself.
                                You'd be surprised how many high school players send me private messages on Twitter, asking if I can help get them an offer.
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X