Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree, he could have missed the window.

Somehow, the possibility does jive with his Twitter comments..... he stated he would sign after NSD. He knew he wouldn't / couldn't sign an the 5th.

That doesn't sound like he missed an IUP imposed window or limit (i.e. cap on scholly's or roster spaces).

I guess time will soon tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He may have missed the window. They only have so many spots. They offer more than they can take. The first so many to send in the fax ... get the spots. The fact Tort signed another one today could be a bad sign for him.
      According to his Twitter account and PaFootballnews.com he had offers from Saint Vincent College and Albright. All IUP have to do is offer him a Walk-On spot and that would beat the tuition cost to attend Saint Vincent or Albright. Walk-ons probably not required to sign on NSD, just have to be accepted to IUP admissions.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
        Agree, he could have missed the window.

Somehow, the possibility does jive with his Twitter comments..... he stated he would sign after NSD. He knew he wouldn't / couldn't sign an the 5th.

That doesn't sound like he missed an IUP imposed window or limit (i.e. cap on scholly's or roster spaces).

I guess time will soon tell.
        I agree with you IUP Ebbs...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
          So, does anyone have any thoughts overall on the IUP signing class as a whole or individually? I like to think of signing day as Christmas for fans of college football.

-
          I'm surprised IUP fans are so quiet about this class. What happened to the unrepentant bravado and arrogance?

Seriously, when I look up and down the list of IUP signees it looks like a superior class. There are a lot of blue chippers on that list. I think we are in pretty good shape. Great recruits at virtually all positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm surprised IUP fans are so quiet about this class. What happened to the unrepentant bravado and arrogance?

Seriously, when I look up and down the list of IUP signees it looks like a superior class. There are a lot of blue chippers on that list. I think we are in pretty good shape. Great recruits at virtually all positions.
            It's looks good on paper. But, you can say that at IUP every year. It's hard to get too exited before any of them have been to their senior prom yet. Add to it I'd say it takes 2-3 years to know if it's a good class regardless.

I think Curt's years of vanishing classes calmed the IUP crowd on the signing day hoopla. Maybe 1-2 of this group doesn't redshirt this year. That's a good thing program-wise. Large numbers of kids playing as true freshmen means your team has major problems.

Get them in ... bulk them up and redshirt them. We can grade the class in three years.

Comment

• There is an article in the Gazette today about our Akron import QB.

Comment

There is an article in the Gazette today about our Akron import QB.
                I'm out of free articles. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

A good article. Here are a few highlights---

-Ramart grew up in Colorado, played high school ball in Texas and then went to college in Ohio (Akron).

-He did a lot of winning in high school, 14-1 in his senior year. He saw a lot of losing at Akron. 0-12 last year.

-He had never heard of IUP before opening his recruitment via the transfer portal. But liked what he saw. Especially the winning tradition.

-Tort was among the first coaches to contact him once he entered into said transfer portal.

-He was recruited to Akron by Terry Bowden. He redshirted in 2017. Bowden was fired shortly thereafter and he did not seem to fit into the new regime's plans.

-He missed time in Akron camp last year with a torn meniscus and never got a chance to regain his repetetitons against Zach Gibson.

-He was told by the IUP staff that he would have to compete for the job with Javon Davis (and whoever else may walk through the doors).

-He is IUP's third straight transfer QB from the MAC in two years joining Maxwell and Reese in that regard.

I'm also reading a very informative biography of Richard M. Nixon. Let me know if I can fill you in on that as well.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

A good article. Here are a few highlights---

-Ramart grew up in Colorado, played high school ball in Texas and then went to college in Ohio (Akron).

-He did a lot of winning in high school, 14-1 in his senior year. He saw a lot of losing at Akron. 0-12 last year.

-He had never heard of IUP before opening his recruitment via the transfer portal. But liked what he saw. Especially the winning tradition.

-Tort was among the first coaches to contact him once he entered into said transfer portal.

-He was recruited to Akron by Terry Bowden. He redshirted in 2017. Bowden was fired shortly thereafter and he did not seem to fit into the new regime's plans.

-He missed time in Akron camp last year with a torn meniscus and never got a chance to regain his repetetitons against Zach Gibson.

-He was told by the IUP staff that he would have to compete for the job with Javon Davis (and whoever else may walk through the doors).

-He is IUP's third straight transfer QB from the MAC in two years joining Maxwell and Reese in that regard.

I'm also reading a very informative biography of Richard M. Nixon. Let me know if I can fill you in on that as well.

-
                    Here's the article:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...0dd4fbcf3.html

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Time to get that subscription.

I hope the IG can remain viable for a long time. We are fortunate IUP gets the coverage it gets. Many schools get a score on the agate page and that's it.

Not easy times in the print media world. The future is pretty dim. It's amazing how many even high school kids today have never read an actual newspaper.

Comment

Time to get that subscription.

I hope the IG can remain viable for a long time. We are fortunate IUP gets the coverage it gets. Many schools get a score on the agate page and that's it.

Not easy times in the print media world. The future is pretty dim. It's amazing how many even high school kids today have never read an actual newspaper.
                        If I can get 2 freebies a month on each device I'll get by.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          If I can get 2 freebies a month on each device I'll get by.
                          Why you gotta hurt me like that?
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Why you gotta hurt me like that?
                            It's funny you should say that. I used to subscribe online from August to December. The last time I tried to renew the circulation department couldn't get it right. They couldn't successfully renew it so that I would have subscriber access so I just gave up on it and I've been ok ever since.

Comment

• Two Ohio State football players are arrested on felony rape and kidnapping charges

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/us/oh...ges/index.html

Future SRU transfers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                                Two Ohio State football players are arrested on felony rape and kidnapping charges

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/us/oh...ges/index.html

Future SRU transfers?
                                The paper work is already in the mail as I understand it. Rock will not know anything of these transgressions until after the season is concluded.

We should send Junior Evil the headlines and take a photo of them taped to the Rock football office door so that he does not have that plausible deniability he likes to pull out of the hat. LOL.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X