Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I suspect IUP will bring a very large crowd (by D2 road game standards). For typically having a pretty dead home crowd, IUP generally has a lively road crowd. Figure that one out.

I suppose those willing to travel are more vested in the program. On the road they all sit together and it has a snowball effect.

I'll probably make the long haul to Kutztown for the opener. Both of those first two, actually.
    Especially if my big mouth is in the stands!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Just go in October and see the colored foliage and all the Trump 2020 signs in people's yards.

-
      So it isn't just me who noticed that! Its true what they say, you have Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and Mississippi in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

So it isn't just me who noticed that! Its true what they say, you have Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and Mississippi in between.
        Indiana is the 'big city' in these parts ... if that tells you anything. LOL.

Comment

I suspect IUP will bring a very large crowd (by D2 road game standards). For typically having a pretty dead home crowd, IUP generally has a lively road crowd. Figure that one out.

I suppose those willing to travel are more vested in the program. On the road they all sit together and it has a snowball effect.

I'll probably make the long haul to Kutztown for the opener. Both of those first two, actually.
          I've found that the better and more passionate fans tend to be in visiting venues. I think that's true for all sports at all levels. You see that with the Steelers and Penguins all the time. Lots of transplanted Pittsburghers plus others willing to travel. It's a ton of fun going to Nationwide Arena to see the Penguins play the Blue Jackets. I get such a better vibe from the Penguins fans I interact with there because they bought the tickets. PPG Paints has a corporate feel. Heinz Field doesn't intimidate visitors. Large road crowds can get rowdy. Sometimes rowdier than at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post

The last time I heard this, it was Alabama. Do you northerners think all southern states are the same?! /s

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

The last time I heard this, it was Alabama. Do you northerners think all southern states are the same?! /s
              Yes. HA!

Comment

• (Full disclosure: I've been to central Pennsylvania many more times than I've been to Alabama or Mississippi...)

Comment

• It could be Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                    (Full disclosure: I've been to central Pennsylvania many more times than I've been to Alabama or Mississippi...)
                    Times are a changin' as they say. The South is flourishing. Only us idiots still live up here.

Comment

Times are a changin' as they say. The South is flourishing. Only us idiots still live up here.

Comment

• The rural north is hanging on by a thread, too. I'm referring to places like Charlotte, Raleigh, etc. Places are boomin'.

Comment

The rural north is hanging on by a thread, too. I'm referring to places like Charlotte, Raleigh, etc. Places are boomin'.
                          One of our freedoms that is sometimes overlooked is the freedom to pick up and move.

Comment

• For any of you hardcore football-only fans ... the IUP men's and women's basketball teams both won the West and are both currently ranked No. 1 in the Atlantic Region. It's a real good time to hop on the bandwagon.

Comment

The rural north is hanging on by a thread, too. I'm referring to places like Charlotte, Raleigh, etc. Places are boomin'.

Comment

For any of you hardcore football-only fans ... the IUP men's and women's basketball teams both won the West and are both currently ranked No. 1 in the Atlantic Region. It's a real good time to hop on the bandwagon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X