Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Yep, this didn't matter when IUP was at capacity, and looking to recruit more statewide, and had a huge group of students from Philly. Then IUP was trying to distinguish itself academically from the rest of the PASSHE, When the number of students crashed, Kids that were on the Pitt and PSU waiting lists, or didn't quite get in, who used to choose IUP as a respectable alternative, now are getting in to the bigger schools. IUP mistakenly in my opinion, took more at risk students since we had the seats, and it lost any pretense of being academically different than the other PASSHE schools.
    Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Because Penn State's academic reputation makes up for its scandals. IUP's academic reputation does not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Because Penn State's academic reputation makes up for its scandals. IUP's academic reputation does not.
        Check Mate

Comment

• Anybody looking for something to do tomorrow ....

PSAC Tournament Championship Sunday - Basketball

IUP at Shippensburg (men)

Gannon at IUP (women)

Both tip at 3pm

Comment

• Speaking for a person here in the east, IUP has a reputation of one of the better PSAC schools academically and athletically. When my son was looking at schools, IUP has the program that tailor fit what he wanted to do academically first (Cyber Security and Homeland Security Major) before athletics. He turned down other scholarships to D2 schools including Millersville and Florida Tech because they did not have that combination of majors that was associated with the Dept. of Defense. So they are doing something right. I just think they need more advertising here, as most of the people tilt thier head when I say IUP.

And someone said enrollment is down at the Cook Honor College, actually it's up this year as they let in the most freshmen that they have in the past. I think they said 150 students are in the Class of 2023.

Comment

• Spring Game is April 24. Schedule went out today:

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                Speaking for a person here in the east, IUP has a reputation of one of the better PSAC schools academically and athletically. When my son was looking at schools, IUP has the program that tailor fit what he wanted to do academically first (Cyber Security and Homeland Security Major) before athletics. He turned down other scholarships to D2 schools including Millersville and Florida Tech because they did not have that combination of majors that was associated with the Dept. of Defense. So they are doing something right. I just think they need more advertising here, as most of the people tilt thier head when I say IUP.

And someone said enrollment is down at the Cook Honor College, actually it's up this year as they let in the most freshmen that they have in the past. I think they said 150 students are in the Class of 2023.
                I bet IUP does not recruit students in Southeastern PA like they used to in the past.

The cost of a non commuter stay for any student is prohibitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Anybody looking for something to do tomorrow ....

PSAC Tournament Championship Sunday - Basketball

IUP at Shippensburg (men)

Gannon at IUP (women)

Both tip at 3pm
                  It sucks Ship gets an unfair home court advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It sucks Ship gets an unfair home court advantage.
                    Rotates yearly. Nothing you can do about it. Open format IUP would have been No. 1 seed. Such is life. At least the students are gone. We could see Ship next week on a bigger stage. That one would likely be in the KCAC.

Comment

• Was just watching the 76ers lose to Golden State. Spotted Chad Hurley behind the Warriors bench. Didn't know he is a part owner of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        Was just watching the 76ers lose to Golden State. Spotted Chad Hurley behind the Warriors bench. Didn't know he is a part owner of the team.
                        He could make another nice donation to IUP Athletics....

Comment

• Hi guys. Some students DID transfer to IUP due 2 the History of winning fb team n proximity to home. Guys, NOT ALL students who come or transfer are academic failures or juvenile delinquents. Some of them who come to IUP r quite aware of the past history. There are kids who are focused and play sports and graduate on time n WITHOUT any incidents. If I were to have read this Forum before knowing anything abou IUP, some of you would have scared me away. I don't know if any of you set on the Board or involved in the Community..Action speaks alot of words. Just saying. When young people here a bunch of older people (Alumnus) putting the school n education down it embarrassing n some kids are ashamed of IUP.

Comment

• Does the women's basketball team get a seed to Atlantic regionals after losing the PSAC title game today?

Congratulations to the men's team for winning the PSAC (again).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                              Does the women's basketball team get a seed to Atlantic regionals after losing the PSAC title game today?

Congratulations to the men's team for winning the PSAC (again).
                              Both teams SHOULD be hosting the Atlantic Regions next weekend at IUP. We will know later this evening.

-

Comment

• IUP has cancelled the spring sports season (which obviously includes Spring Football).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X