Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out Matt's article in the IG today regarding the upcoming season ... lot of quotes from the Exalted Ruler of Lock Haven.

Comment

• Anybody know what the IUP 'salary cap' is currently at for the upcoming season? There are some nice players from Urbana looking for homes -- certainly a couple at least who could help right away.

Being that IUP typically snags a few summer transfers I assume Tort has some coin remaining -- or could perhaps find more.

Comment

• Probably depends on the amount of guys who don't return. I expect that eventually grad transfers will begin to haunt D2 football programs. Really hurts the redshirt model if the guy gives you three strong years then heads off to higher profile play. Especially the G5 groups that will offer a full scholarship.

Comment

• Here is the article.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...775440c5f.html

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that we are out of the woods by the end of the year. That is pure speculation.

I would add that the trillions of dollars the federal government is spending is based on the assumption that things will be relatively normal in a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Probably depends on the amount of guys who don't return. I expect that eventually grad transfers will begin to haunt D2 football programs. Really hurts the redshirt model if the guy gives you three strong years then heads off to higher profile play. Especially the G5 groups that will offer a full scholarship.
            It's becoming such a risk to redshirt players -- especially ones you want to keep. But, the simple fact is the vast majority of true freshmen are just nowhere near ready to step on the field -- physically or mentally. Personally, I think that redshirt year is so important for development ... but, times have changed. The days of assuming a high school kid will be with you for 5 years are long gone. I'd love to see a study of the PSAC for the past 10 years and see how many incoming freshmen walked out for senior day at their original school. It would likely be a shockingly low number.

On the other hand, while kids going 'up' could be a trend ... kids will always be coming 'down', too. How many actual irreplaceable players are on our teams? Not nearly as many as we think.

Like it or not, that's college football and basketball nowadays. Coach is too mean? Leave. You have to redshirt? Leave. Broke up with your girlfriend? Leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
              Here is the article.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...775440c5f.html

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that we are out of the woods by the end of the year. That is pure speculation.

I would add that the trillions of dollars the federal government is spending is based on the assumption that things will be relatively normal in a few months.
              Thanks for the article. I've seen numbers over 60 college sports teams have dropped a sport since the virus.. Cincinnati dropped soccer and Old Dominion dropped wrestling. The costs of maintaining sports has grown too much now.

Bloom has July 1st as a date to decide on fall on-campus classes. One possibility is going to a 2 semester fall term. If on-campus classes start at the end of October, could there be sports? Another problem schools are finding is out of state students paying higher tuition to take classes in their bedrooms, when they can do that at in-state schools at a cheaper rate.

Comment

• Looks like another late add.

Blake Joseph / Canon Mac / WR-DB

Comment

• The most recent list I saw ... no PSAC players had received a post-draft FA deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    The most recent list I saw ... no PSAC players had received a post-draft FA deal.
                    TE from Slippery Rock signed with someone. That's all I've seen.

Comment

TE from Slippery Rock signed with someone. That's all I've seen.
                      I thought a few from the West would have got a FA deal ... perhaps Gause, McPhatter and Rivers. Maybe today.

Comment

I thought a few from the West would have got a FA deal ... perhaps Gause, McPhatter and Rivers. Maybe today.
                        I thought Rivers was going to be the first QB of the second grouping taken after Burrow, Tua, and Herbert.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I thought Rivers was going to be the first QB of the second grouping taken after Burrow, Tua, and Herbert.
                          Shuuuuut uuuuup! LOL

-

Comment

• It's been unusually quiet for PSAC signings.

Comment

It's been unusually quiet for PSAC signings.
                              D2 as a whole was pretty light this year.

Comment

D2 as a whole was pretty light this year.
                                I wonder if the cancellation of pro days was what caused it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X