Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I wonder if the cancellation of pro days was what caused it.
    I believe it's because of the cancellations of the rookie camps.

Comment

• Shepherd's WR Devin Phelps signed a contract with the Arizona Cardinals shortly after the draft.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/car...nts-2020-draft

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2020/4...cardinals.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
        Shepherd's WR Devin Phelps signed a contract with the Arizona Cardinals shortly after the draft.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/car...nts-2020-draft

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2020/4...cardinals.aspx
        Congrats to the young man! Hope he can make the best out of the situation!

Comment

• The Radio is reporting that IUP OL Matt Guvremont has been drafted by Hamilton (I think I heard) in the Canadian football league, of course he is Canadian so it gives him an advantage there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
            The Radio is reporting that IUP OL Matt Guvremont has been drafted by Hamilton (I think I heard) in the Canadian football league, of course he is Canadian so it gives him an advantage there.
            Good for both of them! We don't have many small school Sunday prospects this year.

Comment

• IG article about Guevremont. Picked up by BC Lions in the CFL draft.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...6b4762386.html

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                IG article about Guevremont. Picked up by BC Lions in the CFL draft.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...6b4762386.html
                Congrats to Guevremont!

Comment

• Big Philly-to-Indiana drug outfit (meth and crack) busted yesterday. Seven arrested.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Big Philly-to-Indiana drug outfit (meth and crack) busted yesterday. Seven arrested.
                    What ever happened to the Wayne Ave. shooting from back in February? Brushed under the rug bc football was involved???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What ever happened to the Wayne Ave. shooting from back in February? Brushed under the rug bc football was involved???
                      It's in the legal system now. Arrests were made. Victims, per the police, will not be identified.

As it's been implied ... whatever those idiots were there to rob that night ... whether it was found or not has never come out. I haven't heard of any drug-related charges (possession or anything) being filed against the residents (nor do I ever expect to).

Rest assured, that was the worst burglary attempt in armed robbery history.

Consider: They text the victim that day and threaten him. Some of the arrested literally lived two blocks away ... yet they drive and park in front of the wrong house (all on camera). Then they go in to the wrong freaking house ... and while they are there ... rob it, too. Then they go in to the correct house. Half of the criminals don't know one of them is carrying heat. The gun then obviously goes off and hits somebody. Just rack up them charges ... On top of it all, they used way too many people. The odds of them all keeping their mouths shut were next to zero.

But, yeah, they weren't there to steal a Snickers Bar that night.
                      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 05-06-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Awesome, sounds like a lot is being hidden. Dirty judicial system protecting or hiding something. There was more than just a couple shell casings. I drove by that day and the amount of items they had marked outside was crazy. Just imagine what was marked inside. The crazy thing is, the whole sight was cleaned up by morning like nothing happened. Joke!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's in the legal system now. Arrests were made. Victims, per the police, will not be identified.

As it's been implied ... whatever those idiots were there to rob that night ... whether it was found or not has never come out. I haven't heard of any drug-related charges (possession or anything) being filed against the residents (nor do I ever expect to).

Rest assured, that was the worst burglary attempt in armed robbery history.

Consider: They text the victim that day and threaten him. Some of the arrested literally lived two blocks away ... yet they drive and park in front of the wrong house (all on camera). Then they go in to the wrong freaking house ... and while they are there ... rob it, too. Then they go in to the correct house. Half of the criminals don't know one of them is carrying heat. The gun then obviously goes off and hits somebody. Just rack up them charges ... On top of it all, they used way too many people. The odds of them all keeping their mouths shut were next to zero.

But, yeah, they weren't there to steal a Snickers Bar that night.
                          LMAO. That is freaking hilarious! So I guess you are saying that these are not exactly the master-mind genius criminals that James Bond would face off against.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Awesome, sounds like a lot is being hidden. Dirty judicial system protecting or hiding something. There was more than just a couple shell casings. I drove by that day and the amount of items they had marked outside was crazy. Just imagine what was marked inside. The crazy thing is, the whole sight was cleaned up by morning like nothing happened. Joke!!!
                            I've been saying it for many years now on this forum about what an absolute CORRUPT place Indiana, Pa. is. I thought with the new DA things might change but it sounds like the same old, same old.

They had a thing in the local edition recently (I believe an interview with new DA Manzi) and it was actually said that the old DA had a boys club established so that when the local "in" crowd got a DUI or something of the sort there was a completely different set of rules for them as opposed to the rest of the Indiana County rank and file.

I can think of several IUP folks who got DUI charges in recent years. It would be real interesting to ask them what sort of punishment was meted out to them? Probably all but swept under the rug I am sure.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I've been saying it for many years now on this forum about what an absolute CORRUPT place Indiana, Pa. is. I thought with the new DA things might change but it sounds like the same old, same old.

They had a thing in the local edition recently (I believe an interview with new DA Manzi) and it was actually said that the old DA had a boys club established so that when the local "in" crowd got a DUI or something of the sort there was a completely different set of rules for them as opposed to the rest of the Indiana County rank and file.

I can think of several IUP folks who got DUI charges in recent years. It would be real interesting to ask them what sort of punishment was meted out to them? Probably all but swept under the rug I am sure.

-
                              DUI is surprisingly common. Most people qualify for first time offender programs which end with the charges being dismissed and expunged

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

DUI is surprisingly common. Most people qualify for first time offender programs which end with the charges being dismissed and expunged
                                Absolutely, but one still has a debt to repay to society. There are fines, a suspended license, often alcohol counseling and safe driving courses, a probationary period, etc.

The article made it sound like some people were circumventing these things because they were in the loop with the old DA. If one person has to pay then everyone should have to pay. That is a big problem with things down at IUP and in the Indiana community it seems.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X